Engine reliability and longevity potential - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Engine reliability and longevity potential

I bought my 2012 GT (built March of 2011) with 41K miles on it. It has 3.73 race gears and brembos. The engine is completely stock aside from a JLT oil separator I bought as soon as I purchased the car. It has been lowered with the Eibach pro-kit (1" in front 1.5" in back). Two owners came before me which is how I am able to afford such a car. With that said, I really want this car to last me a long time. Like 175K+ miles long time. I don't know how it was treated before me. But is the longevity I want out of this car too much to ask? The car is in great shape now and I plan on changing out spark plugs and other things well before recommendation. What I want to ask you all is what you would look into when it comes to maintaining all aspects of this car??Thank you for any input.
Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Coyote View Post
I bought my 2012 GT (built March of 2011) with 41K miles on it. It has 3.73 race gears and brembos. The engine is completely stock aside from a JLT oil separator I bought as soon as I purchased the car. It has been lowered with the Eibach pro-kit (1" in front 1.5" in back). Two owners came before me which is how I am able to afford such a car. With that said, I really want this car to last me a long time. Like 175K+ miles long time. I don't know how it was treated before me. But is the longevity I want out of this car too much to ask? The car is in great shape now and I plan on changing out spark plugs and other things well before recommendation. What I want to ask you all is what you would look into when it comes to maintaining all aspects of this car??Thank you for any input.
Just my .02, bring your car to the dealership and have them do a 50,000 mile full service. May cost a bit but atleast it's getting done by someone who works on ford vehicles all day. Their work will be covered incase something goes wrong.

Was wondering on how do you find out when the car or motor was built?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renuco612 View Post
Just my .02, bring your car to the dealership and have them do a 50,000 mile full service. May cost a bit but atleast it's getting done by someone who works on ford vehicles all day. Their work will be covered incase something goes wrong.

Pretty sure it says it in the door jam

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2014, 11:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renuco612 View Post

I will certainly ask about this, thanks. I was given a printout of my warranties last time I went to the dealer and at the top it had specific vehicle information.
Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Coyote View Post

Keep in mind that even a Toyota will breakdown if you floor it from every light everyday. The 5.0 engine is plenty stout to last for a long long time.

Keep up with maintenance and do it sooner than recommended. This includes transmission fluids, coolant, oil, brake fluids, periodic uses of gas treatment to clean out injectors, change out the air filter, right down to religiously buying gas from reputable stations. Keep your eye out on the belts and change it out as soon as it frays. Do alignments if she pulls to one side or rattles and shakes, change out to all season tires even I think cause all season tires tend to be lower in NVH. NVH can cause wear and fatigue to the body and suspension.

This is unsubstantiated but I believe that a clean car is a long lasting car. Bathe her once a week or two and like a happy women she'll purr for you till she's old and wrinkly or at least till you wanna trade her in for a newer model lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Use good quality oil and filters

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT