2014 C/S lower fog - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:39 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabishop25 View Post
Wow, I am not so tech savvy as to the pistons and weight and all. I am happy with the power it produces, maybe another 20-40 hp would be great but not so much needed, dont race it or anything like that. All I have done to mine is the Roush exhaust and the side louvers, Im wanting some cross drilled brakes but still undecided. I hear they squeak alot.

As far as the control arm and strut, its a HUGE issue. It was really bad on the 13s but for some reason they did not change the part they put on the 14s so thats where we are at. YES, mine started early on and also took it to Ford. They changed out the strut and the upper control arm and now, I think worst!! Im really thinking about redoing the whole suspension but, would cost a fortune I think. Whats your suggesstion?
I'd be looking into a tune from a quality tuner if I were you. It will get you that power gain, driveability, and seat of the pants feel you are looking for. The performance from the engine will really be a night and day difference. Nice choice on the Roush exhaust, I have the same on mine and love it. It's absolutely perfect how it sits and I don't want to change any other part of the stock exhaust. If you wanted to change just your rotors only you could put on some Baer Eradispeed drilled and slotted rotors. They are quality but also very expensive.

So they changed out your front strut and rear upper control arm on the axle? I'm pretty sure the infamous creaking issue has to do with the front control arm hydro bushings. That's why they came out with a TSB to add special heat shields over the bushings to protect them from the heat of the cats which are directly next to them.

My plan is to slowly revamp the whole suspension. After getting bigger 20" wheels I really would like to lower the car a bit. The stock suspension gets the job done, but ultimately is not that great. I figured i'm going to get to the bottom of what is making the creaking sound by changing out suspension parts and see if it improves along the way. That's why I haven't gone back to the dealer about the sound so far.
NacsMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
At last, here are the pics of the 5000K color temperature Diode Dynamics XML2 fog bulbs. I apologize for the delay in posting.

I have settled on the 5000K bulbs as the best match for my tastes to the OEM bulbs and LED whisker lights. Where I found the 4300K version slightly warm/halogen-like in comparison to the headlights and LED's, the 5000K version is a lot more pure white. The 5000K's are not an absolute perfect match as they have a VERY slight purple/blue hue along with the white compared to the headlights. If you have ever seen a 2013-2014 GT with its factory LED fogs coming your way at night, the 5000's look similar.

To make things simple: If you want more of a white/yellow warm look - go with the 4300K, if you want a futuristic pure white LED look with a hint of
blue - go 5000K, if you have aftermarket 6000K HID headlight bulbs or want a cool bluish-look - go with the 6000K version.

Pictures of the 5000K XML2 LED bulbs:

Car is on the car lift in storage mode facing the other way, so no garage door beam shots, sorry.
Headlights only, Fogs OFF

Headlights and Fogs ON

Fogs ONLY

Cell phone pics for color comparison

NacsMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NacsMXer View Post
At last, here are the pics of the 5000K color temperature Diode Dynamics XML2 fog bulbs. I apologize for the delay in posting.

I have settled on the 5000K bulbs as the best match for my tastes to the OEM bulbs and LED whisker lights. Where I found the 4300K version slightly warm/halogen-like in comparison to the headlights and LED's, the 5000K version is a lot more pure white. The 5000K's are not an absolute perfect match as they have a VERY slight purple/blue hue along with the white compared to the headlights. If you have ever seen a 2013-2014 GT with its factory LED fogs coming your way at night, the 5000's look similar.

To make things simple: If you want more of a white/yellow warm look - go with the 4300K, if you want a futuristic pure white LED look with a hint of
blue - go 5000K, if you have aftermarket 6000K HID headlight bulbs or want a cool bluish-look - go with the 6000K version.

Pictures of the 5000K XML2 LED bulbs:

Car is on the car lift in storage mode facing the other way, so no garage door beam shots, sorry.
Headlights only, Fogs OFF

Headlights and Fogs ON

Fogs ONLY

Cell phone pics for color comparison

Thank you for keeping us updated. I was waiting to see how the 5k turned out. I also think it's an appropriate match. I'll be ordering them soon. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Saleen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #39

I wish I would have waited I got my hid kit from HID GUY MOD SHOP..and got the 6k since thats what they had advertised on the website to match the headlights. Well they don't match they have the blue tint to them but they don't look that bad I wish I would have saw this before definalty would have gone with this set up instead of the hids... guess I'll just wait till these bulbs burn out...and get some 5k hids.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
14cyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I'm glad I came across this thread.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Yeah agreed. I am not the most mechanically inclined person and this thread really gave me a good idea. Those lights are on my next to do list. . BTW i have also added a JLT CAI and a Bama Racing tune (93). Car Runs amazing. So far I have also added the LEDs in the interior and the license plate. What size is the bulb that you are using to replace the trunk light? I have to admit to the whole interior looking a whole lot better wit the LEDS.
augusto.olmedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm thinking of bucking the trend and installing amber bulbs in there. I think making them purposely different might look better than an almost match. Besides that, if you care about actual function, amber/yellow light better penetrates fog and rain than white or especially anything bluish. Lakes and oceans are blue because water reflects that color well. Bluish light will just bounce back at you and make it more difficult to see in foggy conditions.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well thanks for posting that! I was looking into upgrading my suspension due to the fact that if you take it to Ford for it, they put the same damn parts on it! They know that the issue is the strut/control arm and they wont replace it with something else. I actually even spoke to the Service Manager and I offered to pay to upgrade it to Ford Racing or at that the Shelby suspension and NOPE!!! Its somewhat embarrassing at times in a store parking lot!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT