Auto insurance - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #1

Region: Alabama
Auto insurance

Hey guys, just want a little insight into what to do

I got into an accident a month back with my mustang gt. totalling 12k in damages only to my car no one, or nothing else.

The car is almost done, and well now its time to worrie about insurance

Im 22, have no tickets or any other accidents, im luckily on my parents insurance. currently i pay 185 bucks a month for me. (i live in michigan)
As far as my both my parents, dads 48, moms 46, neither have any tickets or accidents since theyve been driving. We all have good standing credit of 750 and higher which i guess goes into evaluation when talking about insurance

But i just wanna know how much i can expect to pay now...any ideas?
Chadm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's all depending on how much you and your parents have been paying into the same insurance policy/company. All about how much money the have already collected from all you through the years. when my brother was just 16 he had a brand new Jetta and totalled it 3 month later. Because my parents were paying into the company for many years, his insurance never went up.

Hopefully that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #3

Region: Virginia
It's really hard to say what you will pay. It depends on whether the car was in your parents name (and if so, their driving history), the insurance company, any discounts you can get, etc. Insurance rates are based on actuarial analysis, which factors in probability of a claim (including cost and type) based on all sorts of factors that go into a statistical model.

I am paying about $170/month here in Virginia, but have several tickets and a totaled car on my resume
SpeedAKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadm07 View Post
Hey guys, just want a little insight into what to do

I got into an accident a month back with my mustang gt. totalling 12k in damages only to my car no one, or nothing else.

The car is almost done, and well now its time to worrie about insurance

Im 22, have no tickets or any other accidents, im luckily on my parents insurance. currently i pay 185 bucks a month for me. (i live in michigan)

As far as my both my parents, dads 48, moms 46, neither have any tickets or accidents since theyve been driving. We all have good standing credit of 750 and higher which i guess goes into evaluation when talking about insurance

But i just wanna know how much i can expect to pay now...any ideas?

I moved from Michigan to SC a couple years ago. Insurance is about 1/2 price here... And that was before this year's changes up there. I have a '14 GT and an F250. Full coverage on both, and pay about 100/month.

What's more, I can drive it year round here without any problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jd864 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT