NX Fire and Ice or Nano 3000? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
NX Fire and Ice or Nano 3000?

Got my NX plate finally after getting everything else ready on the car now what way do you think I should do as far as bottle temp the NX Fire and Ice or a Nano 3000 system?
r_neck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

And this is the reason I goto other forums because nobody understands if it isn't axlebacks, plasti-dip,spoilers or wheels they have no idea what I'm talking about geez this forum is a lost cause
Old 09-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I would just change the blinker fluid and adjust the muffler bearings.
dblhelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
The Nano system will need refills, just like the nitrous itself. But the Fire & Ice will probably have a high amperage draw. I personally would go with the NX setup myself. Cheaper in the long run. And a bottle blanket. For some reason, NX's bottle blanket is like $100 more than NOS's. But it does look way cooler, lol.

Most people shy away from Nitrous, but I freaking love the stuff!!
juice_man_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

But you also get full power till the bottle is empty and double the run time on a bottle with the nano system also claimed 20% more power, the refills will suck and if I run two bottles I have to buy a another complete nano setup cant just swap out like a heater if nano goes empty I'm SOL ,the fire and ice does look badass but I'm not sure if it will be able to heat the bottle quick enough between races and it won't be as strong of a pull except the initial hit and both are easy installs .People shy away from everything that voids a warranty on this site lol. Decisions decisions.................oh dblhelx you forgot your left handed crescent wrench also .......
Old 09-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
what is wrong with a regular bottle heater? i'm running a nitrous outlet bottle heater on my bottle and it heats up right away and has an automatic shutoff when it senses the pressure level is within acceptable parameters. And it doesn't take that long to heat up the bottle either.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
See, that would be a problem with me. I have 5 bottles. I fill them all at the same time. I get a better price that way.
juice_man_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yea multiple bottles will be a problem....... problem with the regular bottle heaters especially when making a pass is during the pass your power drops off because bottle pressure and a bottle warmer can't compensate enough in a 1/4 mile run now especially for tune ablitlity if you think a bout it the bottle pressure fluctuations has to effect it tremendously so your tuning to say 150 shot initial hit wot roughly at 1050 psi so your nitrous tune will be set at for that initial hit so that would be your highest lean spike and timing pulled to compensate that highest point so as your bottle pressure declines during a pass wouldn't your car be running richer as less of a shot is delivered due to the fluctuations in temp so by the end you might be spraying a 100 shot losing performance ? rather than if pressure remains constant like what the nano was designed to due..... now maybe that there alone is why you have to jet with the nano 20% less.... to me if nano had like a 20# bottle enough to run multiple bottles off of that would be the way to go?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Rap where ya at got any input nitrous guru?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
i get where you're coming from, but i've honestly have not had an issue with loss of power even when my bottle is close to empty.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT