just installed Whiteline transmission mount insert on my 2014 GT/CS (pics inside) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
just installed Whiteline transmission mount insert on my 2014 GT/CS (pics inside)

(pics below)
I have a 2014 GT/CS 6 MT and much like other 5.0 owners I have the same shifter lockout issue from 2nd to 3rd. I knew the Whiteline insert WOULDNT solve my problems but for 31 dollars, why not try it? in addition I did order a Blowfish bracket a week ago and was told by CJ that its been backordered and to expect it in another 2 weeks or so. the install of the insert took maybe 20 seconds or so. getting the car jacked up took longer.

Ok so my thoughts on it so far. I drove it for about 2 hours and did both types of driving: normal and WOT

Normal:
starting in 1st gear and driving on forward felt different right away, for one thing the notchy crunchiness is gone completely and when you shift its a solid feeling that you ARE in the gear that you selected. I also noticed my shifter doesn't bounce around as much either (stock shifter BTW) and driving normal with TC on/off made no difference.

WOT:
With TC on I started from a dead stop and I was able to powershift into 2nd from 1st far more smoothly than before however I still got locked out in 3rd. this was expected since I knew it would solve my issue but I wanted to try it out anyway.

With TC off I was able to go from 1st to 2nd no problems and I was even able to powershift into 3rd...and into 4th! Imagine the smile on my face and I pushing it to redline per each shift too. Of course ive been locked out with TC off in the past but every run I did with TC off post install, not a single lockout. with TC on it was a hit and miss.

Now for the question on everyones mind: hows the noise and vibration?
There is NO vibration what so ever. The noise has increased but its not bad noise IMO, it sounds like the engine got louder and to be honest-I like it I think any car person would like to hear a bit more grunt from their engine but I honestly do not feel any vibration at all at any RPM or gear.

WORDS OF ADVICE:
USE ANOTHER JACK TO HOLD UP THE TRANS WHEN THE CAR IS SUSPENDED, IT WILL BEND AND YOU DONT WANT THAT.

BUY SOME GREASE FROM YOUR LOCAL AUTO STORE, YOULL NEED IT.

DONT TRY TO SUPERMAN PUNCH IT IN THERE, GENTLY EAS IT IN THEN TAP THE 3 POINTS TO MAKE SURE ITS IN AND THATS IT!

overall, id say you cant go wrong by spending 31 dollars and getting rid of the notchiness for good.

Pics as promised:
got her jacked up
imgur: the simple image sharer

she popped a wheelie (I wish)

Whiteline insert in hand

made sure the trans was held up well

my dad started to open the mount

after getting it inserted, this is what it looked like

(sorry no pics of actually pushing it in but its shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to pop in.)
Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Now that I've seen this I'm sure I'll get this now. I put my SR bracket on this would be a nice upgrade to go along with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

its worth the money IMO, its not a full on solution but paired with a bracket and it becomes a smoother shift. It may vary on each car i guess in terms of vibration but i have 0 vibration and beautiful sound added to the already nice grunt the coyote puts out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Thank you so much for sharing this! Will definitely buy this now

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rufeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

no problem, glad it could help!
Old 10-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I will say that I noticed a slight increase in NVH when I installed mine. Install was super easy though. I installed it at the same time as a braided clutch line and MGW shifter using the harder bracket bushing.
I can't isolate the noise to the shifter or the whiteline bushing, but I'm guessing it's the whiteline because it seems to come from the floor where the mount attaches. Basically you just hear the trans spinning and making its usual noises.
I only notice it with windows up and music quiet, so basically never.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
(pics below)
I have a 2014 GT/CS 6 MT and much like other 5.0 owners I have the same shifter lockout issue from 2nd to 3rd. I knew the Whiteline insert WOULDNT solve my problems but for 31 dollars, why not try it? in addition I did order a Blowfish bracket a week ago and was told by CJ that its been backordered and to expect it in another 2 weeks or so. the install of the insert took maybe 20 seconds or so. getting the car jacked up took longer.

Ok so my thoughts on it so far. I drove it for about 2 hours and did both types of driving: normal and WOT

Normal:
starting in 1st gear and driving on forward felt different right away, for one thing the notchy crunchiness is gone completely and when you shift its a solid feeling that you ARE in the gear that you selected. I also noticed my shifter doesn't bounce around as much either (stock shifter BTW) and driving normal with TC on/off made no difference.

WOT:
With TC on I started from a dead stop and I was able to powershift into 2nd from 1st far more smoothly than before however I still got locked out in 3rd. this was expected since I knew it would solve my issue but I wanted to try it out anyway.

With TC off I was able to go from 1st to 2nd no problems and I was even able to powershift into 3rd...and into 4th! Imagine the smile on my face and I pushing it to redline per each shift too. Of course ive been locked out with TC off in the past but every run I did with TC off post install, not a single lockout. with TC on it was a hit and miss.

Now for the question on everyones mind: hows the noise and vibration?
There is NO vibration what so ever. The noise has increased but its not bad noise IMO, it sounds like the engine got louder and to be honest-I like it I think any car person would like to hear a bit more grunt from their engine but I honestly do not feel any vibration at all at any RPM or gear.

WORDS OF ADVICE:
USE ANOTHER JACK TO HOLD UP THE TRANS WHEN THE CAR IS SUSPENDED, IT WILL BEND AND YOU DONT WANT THAT.

BUY SOME GREASE FROM YOUR LOCAL AUTO STORE, YOULL NEED IT.

DONT TRY TO SUPERMAN PUNCH IT IN THERE, GENTLY EAS IT IN THEN TAP THE 3 POINTS TO MAKE SURE ITS IN AND THATS IT!

overall, id say you cant go wrong by spending 31 dollars and getting rid of the notchiness for good.

Pics as promised:
got her jacked up

she popped a wheelie (I wish)

Whiteline insert in hand

made sure the trans was held up well

my dad started to open the mount

after getting it inserted, this is what it looked like

(sorry no pics of actually pushing it in but its shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to pop in.)

Great post and pics. I'm going to try this out.
eliasj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

its worth the 32 dollars for sure, every little bit to help with the lockout counts IMO

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT