Exhaust note - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Exhaust note

Anyone have any videos of a 5.0 with longtubes, o/r x pipe with stock axleback? I have my headers and x pipe waiting to install but i feel it will be way too loud with my current flowmaster axleback. before anyone starts with the louder is better argument, that not for me lol i want it to sound good but not obnoxiously loud. to each their own. Anyways, any input from anyone with this set up or that has heard it is appreciated as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #2

Region: Texas
There's a bunch on YouTube of different setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Fishtailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtailing View Post
There's a bunch on YouTube of different setups.

I'm very aware of that, but none with the set up I'm asking about, go ahead and search for yourself and see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Exhaust note

You're not gonna find it cuz 99.9% of the people will most likely have a CAI or axleback as their first upgrade. And only probably 1-2% of them will even think to do an exhaust video and even then only 1-2% of those who thought of doing a video probably will end up doing a video. It's just not that popular a combo to begin with.

But, from the tinny and slightly muffled and raspy sound of the stock exhaust I would think it will be close to what a roush would sound like but a few decibels softer in sound.

Be the first to do it. And honestly it doesn't matter cuz you're gonna do the LT and ORX anyway. If it sounds good then post a video and keep it. If it sounds like *** then add an axleback.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
You're not gonna find it cuz 99.9% of the people will most likely have a CAI or axleback as their first upgrade. And only probably 1-2% of them will even think to do an exhaust video and even then only 1-2% of those who thought of doing a video probably will end up doing a video. It's just not that popular a combo to begin with.

But, from the tinny and slightly muffled and raspy sound of the stock exhaust I would think it will be close to what a roush would sound like but a few decibels softer in sound.

Be the first to do it. And honestly it doesn't matter cuz you're gonna do the LT and ORX anyway. If it sounds good then post a video and keep it. If it sounds like *** then add an axleback.

it will most likely end up as my set up, now i have an axle back but i know it will be too loud for my taste, but yea youre right about posting vids, hopefully i actually get around to posting it lol
Old 10-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Well then I guess you're SOL.
pretty much, was trying to see if by some miracle someone here had it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust