Click noise when breaking on 2014 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Click noise when breaking on 2014

Has anyone had an issue with a clicking noise coming from front drivers side? Not sure if it's coming from breaks or motor, it only does it after the car has been driven for awhile. Then when you hit the breaks and start slowing down it starts clicking from the front drivers side. My car is at the dealership right now, wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.
aftermath81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Had to return mine to dealership the day after I bought it for similar reason. Sounded almost like a caliper was hitting something under load during braking. Turns out it was the driveshaft carrier bearing out of adjustment. A few minutes on the rack at the dealer and she was good as new. Hope you got yours sorted out and it was similarly minor.
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Itcouldbebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I took it back to the dealer an they couldn't get it to click or anything. Only time it does it so far is when I have driven it for awhile an hit the breaks. So going to test it out again when the weather is better to see if it still does it. If it does I'll take it back to the dealer an have them check the carrier barring like you said.
aftermath81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I know mine made the noise every time I was braking hard, so it was easy to replicate for service tech. If it's the carrier bearing it will most likely "sound off" when you're really hard on the brakes, causing the driveline to flex and misalign at the bearing. If this isn't the case I'm not sure what they'd be looking for. But I'd definitely have them start there as it sounds like the same issue. Good luck man, hope it gets solved.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Itcouldbebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath81 View Post
I took it back to the dealer an they couldn't get it to click or anything. Only time it does it so far is when I have driven it for awhile an hit the breaks. So going to test it out again when the weather is better to see if it still does it. If it does I'll take it back to the dealer an have them check the carrier barring like you said.
Let us know the outcome. Good luck.
eliasj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT