Very Important Question... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
NacsMXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: IL
Region: Illinois
Posts: 77
I pinch the black latch on the trunk lid with both hands. In one swift motion I pull the lid down to shut it. Follow through is key here, or sometimes you won't get it shut all the way, lol.

I keep a detail "field kit" in the trunk at all times. Just a couple of plush microfiber towels and some travel size Blackfire waterless wash in a sealed ziplock bag.
NacsMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
What the hell? I close mine by pulling the sides right above where the taillights are when its closed. Here's my list of rules (although these rules can be voided in certain circumstances):

SixBanger's Guide to a Happy SixBanger:

1. Never leave your undergarments in my car after you exit. If you are gone, so are the panties.
2. You suggested the rubbers, you can dispose of them. And NOT back into their packaging and into my cupholder - do you think this is a game?
3. If you fog up the rear windshield with your breathing and get hand/footprints on the glass, I have Windex and a roll of paper towels in the trunk waiting for you. Breathe through your godd**m nose. It's what its there for.
4. If you poke holes in the backs of the front seats with your 6 inch heels, you will buy me new seats.......and they will be Recaros.
5. If you lose your jewelry in the car, it will not be returned. Look for it on craigslist.
6. Try not to get your makeup rubbed off on the headliner. That ***** is annoying and is impossible to get off.














Okay, I kid. My real rules are:

1. If you get anything dirty, you are the one who will clean it. Why do you think that getting your muddy footprints on my carpet is okay? Do I go into your house and jump on your pillows like nothing's wrong? No. You're an adult and you will be clean in my presence damn you!
2. No food unless absolutely positively necessary. That is, if you are going into a diabetic seizure. Other than that, you should have planned ahead.
3. I control the windows, radio, and the HVAC. Or you could find another ride. Whichever.
4. No feet on the dash or propped up with your leg hanging out the window. It is rude and people will think you're gross.
5. Do not - ever - complain about how I must get a parking spot in the back or that I have to back in every time. Oh I parked too far away? Huh, that's weird. Sounds a lot like you are *****ing about the ride that I just gave you for free. Coulda got a cab and listened to NPR while your driver with a lazy eye and an unrecognizable foreign accent took you on the longest route possible to milk you of all the money which you THOUGHT you were going to spend at the bar. All you had to do was walk the extra 100 ft and not complained about my parking but look at you now.

Wow, that was fun.
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
What the hell? I close mine by pulling the sides right above where the taillights are when its closed. Here's my list of rules (although these rules can be voided in certain circumstances):

SixBanger's Guide to a Happy SixBanger:

1. Never leave your undergarments in my car after you exit. If you are gone, so are the panties.
2. You suggested the rubbers, you can dispose of them. And NOT back into their packaging and into my cupholder - do you think this is a game?
3. If you fog up the rear windshield with your breathing and get hand/footprints on the glass, I have Windex and a roll of paper towels in the trunk waiting for you. Breathe through your godd**m nose. It's what its there for.
4. If you poke holes in the backs of the front seats with your 6 inch heels, you will buy me new seats.......and they will be Recaros.
5. If you lose your jewelry in the car, it will not be returned. Look for it on craigslist.
6. Try not to get your makeup rubbed off on the headliner. That ***** is annoying and is impossible to get off.














Okay, I kid. My real rules are:

1. If you get anything dirty, you are the one who will clean it. Why do you think that getting your muddy footprints on my carpet is okay? Do I go into your house and jump on your pillows like nothing's wrong? No. You're an adult and you will be clean in my presence damn you!
2. No food unless absolutely positively necessary. That is, if you are going into a diabetic seizure. Other than that, you should have planned ahead.
3. I control the windows, radio, and the HVAC. Or you could find another ride. Whichever.
4. No feet on the dash or propped up with your leg hanging out the window. It is rude and people will think you're gross.
5. Do not - ever - complain about how I must get a parking spot in the back or that I have to back in every time. Oh I parked too far away? Huh, that's weird. Sounds a lot like you are *****ing about the ride that I just gave you for free. Coulda got a cab and listened to NPR while your driver with a lazy eye and an unrecognizable foreign accent took you on the longest route possible to milk you of all the money which you THOUGHT you were going to spend at the bar. All you had to do was walk the extra 100 ft and not complained about my parking but look at you now.

Wow, that was fun.

You sir are very very very anal. Rightfully so but still a very very right anus. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
You sir are very very very anal. Rightfully so but still a very very right anus. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
What can I say, I run a tight ship.
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
What can I say, I run a tight ship.
I like the 1st few rules, before you got serious, but seriously, I actually hadn't thought about that. Very true though.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I like the 1st few rules, before you got serious, but seriously, I actually hadn't thought about that. Very true though.
Lol I'm not sure I ever got serious in that post. But what hadn't you thought about?
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Lol I'm not sure I ever got serious in that post. But what hadn't you thought about?
The 1st six rules
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #43
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Keep a microfiber towel and bottle of detail spray in the car?

No that's too easy.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Keep a microfiber towel and bottle of detail spray in the car?

No that's too easy.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
I know right? So easy I forget to do it.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
eliasj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Beaverton
Region: Oregon
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Wait you guys actually take your Mustang out of the garage built vacuum sealed room and actually drive it???

Don't even mention the dust that collects on the side skirts and rear bumper in just 1 minute of driving! I wipe that biitch down every other stoplight. I spend $20 on detailer spray just to drive to the supermarket.

Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
LOL
eliasj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: salem
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 384
Whew! So I'm not the only one!! Same with the hood. I keep a small micro fiber towel in the car for that purpose. Or if I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt I use my forearm.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Whew! So I'm not the only one!! Same with the hood. I keep a small micro fiber towel in the car for that purpose. Or if I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt I use my forearm.

Just pull the hood down with the latch catch on the bottom of the hood. When it is about 6 to 12 inches up, hold the hood up from underneath, and then let it drop. Now, if you installed the hydraulic lifts, that probably won't work.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BUSTED! very very very slight WW Tbird232ci The Bar 6 12-18-2005 02:54 AM
Everybody open this up and read! Very important! Brent The Bar 0 12-05-2005 04:46 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:22 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.