CEL NOOOOOOOOO - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
CEL NOOOOOOOOO

I was driving tonight normal cruising and my cel came on.. It's not running funny and the loopey idle still works , And I wasn't shifting crazy . So I get home plug in my ford racing diagnostic tool that came with my track-cal tune and got these (2) codes P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 and the 2nd code was P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2..My only exhaust mods are the ford racing ~Boss style h-pipe with dumps open and flowmaster outlaws out the back.Same set up ive ran forever now! Has anyone had this prob at all? ive looked up older threads and other peoples cel's were due to the headers had a leak, or the tune didn't turn off there back o2 Sensors due to a off road x-h pipe....... Anyone have any ideas .....What do I do???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I will clear the code tomorrow going to a carshow I hope it stays off and was just a freak occurrence
insidious_ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
is this a manual? i heard about this cel with the manuals, theres 40+ pages on that on allfordmustang site. Not to scare you but theres no exact fix for this, at least yours dont go into limp mode.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #3

Sounds like you need the updated tune. They released a revision not to long ago fixing this. Ford racing stated it will not hurt running with the cel on.

Call them on Monday and have them send you a new SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
solscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by solscooter View Post
Sounds like you need the updated tune. They released a revision not to long ago fixing this. Ford racing stated it will not hurt running with the cel on.

Call them on Monday and have them send you a new SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I did that first thing yesterday right when they opened lol It was driving me crazy not knowing what the hell was going on! I just cleared my codes and am waiting on my new update tune! I asked to add a few more horses on it for me . I just got the small chuckle ...
But I don't remember what he said caused the cels other than just needed a update , he just kinda stumbled over his words but who cares as long as its fixed!! Thanks for the help!
insidious_ruin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT