'14 GT sits 1/2" lower on passenger rear than driver side - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Region: Maryland
'14 GT sits 1/2" lower on passenger rear than driver side

Does anyone have this issue??
I was measuring my ride height, (all stock), to see what I am starting with before doing suspension. I'm consistently 29 15/16" on drivers side rear and 29 1/2 on the passengers side. This is from level ground measuring from ground to highest most point of the wheel well. Front is even on both sides. Stang only has 1900 miles and no accidents or rough riding conditions.
Does anyone have any idea what this could be. I will be doing suspension mods soon but will hold off for the moment just in case it has to go to dealership.
So any input is appreciated.
Let me say that I really don't think that the way the gas tank drains would compress the spring a 1/2" for gas weight right or left , but I could be wrong.
maniac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mine is the same. I think it's due to then drivers being power and the passengers not.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #3

??? Little slow on the uptake on that one. Elaborate please. Also has anyone else ever check their starting ride height all around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
rsb
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I think spier thought you were talking about the seats inside the car. I have never measured mine so I am not sure if mine is the same.
Exterior: SVE Drifts 19x9.5/ Roush Side Splitters
rsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarskringspier View Post
Mine is the same. I think it's due to then drivers being power and the passengers not.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Lol

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
You're joking....right?
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
You're joking....right?
Im still laughing by his comment, I'm easily amused,

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
The car may look symmetrical on the outside. But it isn't on the inside lol

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac95 View Post
Does anyone have this issue??

I was measuring my ride height, (all stock), to see what I am starting with before doing suspension. I'm consistently 29 15/16" on drivers side rear and 29 1/2 on the passengers side. This is from level ground measuring from ground to highest most point of the wheel well. Front is even on both sides. Stang only has 1900 miles and no accidents or rough riding conditions.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be. I will be doing suspension mods soon but will hold off for the moment just in case it has to go to dealership.

So any input is appreciated.

Let me say that I really don't think that the way the gas tank drains would compress the spring a 1/2" for gas weight right or left , but I could be wrong.

To compensate a fatty driver after she sits in the car? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #10

Wow! Perhaps the name of this thread should have been worded differently but I am talking about the height of the car on the OUTSIDE, measured from the ground to the highest most point of the wheel well..........lol
Old 10-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

You might have smaller tires on the right side.

Just trying to be dumb like the rest of these posts lol.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Ok, I'll be serious.

First what is the "standard height" ? Well, for some reason noone knows this exactly.
Its always a bullsh1t answer, with a range. Technically, Ford engineers should have had a TARGET height +- a certain amount. (a mean/avg & +-a standard deviation, etc) For some reason, no one knows these mystical #'s.

Lets say the target / avergage is:
29 1/4 in the front
29 3/4 in the rear.
And those #'s can vary up to + or - 1/4"

The problem is when you have the top & bottom of the standard deviation on the same car, (ie: + 1/4 on one side, - 1/4 on the other side) then you've got a 1/2 variation from side to side, like you do.

And they just chalk it up to variations in spring/shocks/struts.

Just curious.... is your gf REALLY fat.. I mean overweight... like morbidly obese ? No I'm being serious. Maybe, she's worn out the spring/struts on the passenger side?
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #13

HA!! I should have included that but no I'm 6'1" and 190lbs.....got a good laugh out of that last post on the weight thing.
If it would be the Shock/Springs that would be OK because I am getting ready to do the suspension after the winter season here....but I definitely don't want to do the suspension work and it be the same and have to put all the stock stuff back on to take it to the dealership. Don't get me wrong I know that when I do the suspension that I am voiding the warranty on my suspension but if the problem is something else then I want it to be fixed! Planning on probably Steeda Sports, Koni Yellow (or Bilstein HD haven't decided that yet), LCA, LCA relo brackets, adjustable UCA & bracket, adjustable Panhard bar, & strut mounts so I don't want my ride looking all f***ed up because it is a 1/2" off to one side in the rear!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

So no fat girlfriend?

Got another theory: rear axle is not centered.

Take a string and make a plumbob to measure the wheel well to wheels distance to see if its the same on both sides.

I noticed when I put the adjustable panhard bar on my car, and made the adjustments to get things lined up. It actually change the height a little on each side, making things more balanced.

Think about it... if the rear axle isn't centered properly, then the car may have more weight on one side than the other, so centering it can also balance the load on both sides, making the height closer.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #15

I will have to check that and keep in mind that I'm still all stock. I think it would have to be off a good bit and probably noticeably so to compress a spring 1/2". But a good thought indeed.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I've seen people say stock their rear axle isn't 100% center, though you are right it should NOT be that far off... but its a place to look where there could be something wrong making it off.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #17

Agreed!
Old 10-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I'm an idiot, I apologize I kinda went off the title. And some of the comments were funny I've got thick skin. Really sorry for the totally moronic statement. I'll self ban myself from driving my Mustang for a full day.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm an idiot, I apologize I kinda went off the title. And some of the comments were funny I've got thick skin. Really sorry for the totally moronic statement. I'll self ban myself from driving my Mustang for a full day.
I didn't get your first post...

I thought you were implying that the heavier power seat made that side lower.

But then realized that you were probably talking about how the passenger seat sits very low, and needs some type of vertical adjustment (like the driver power seat has) for short people like my wife.

I posted my (copied) solution for it here: Upgrade passenger seat to power adjust
Old 10-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for that link. That's exactly what I was talking about lol. My stupidity brought me a solution. Who says wearing a helmet through life doesn't pay off at times. Thank you.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #21

It's all good....you know what they say....all work and no play. Need to have thick skin to ask any type of question in a forum set up...lol...I took it all in stride, believe me.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac95 View Post
It's all good....you know what they say....all work and no play. Need to have thick skin to ask any type of question in a forum set up...lol...I took it all in stride, believe me.
Oh I think it's hillarious how ridiculous I looked once I realized. I'm glad actually, I've got a easy fantaastic way to fix the height of the passenger seat so turned out great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT