Nice sound!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Nice sound!!!

What is the best way to get the nicest sound out of a Mustang GT for a 2013? The music for your ears.

I am thinking some Roush Axle-Backs and an X-pipe.

Give me some of your opinions and suggestions. Price range would be helpful as well. Thanks.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
steven7010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 154
I like flowmaster outlaw nice deap sound but I'm going straight pipe side exhaust I live in south carolina thu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
steven7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
kingstrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Clarksburg
Region: Maryland
Posts: 299
I have Borla axlebacks and the Boss 302 side pipes. My wife thinks its too loud so I must be doing something right.
__________________
2014 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium with nav, RR and comfy packages, 3.73 limited slip axle and optional 19" machined aluminum wheels. Come hang out in the garage and check out my build so far!
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
RollDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Region: Alabama
Posts: 121
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413996192.731717.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	168290
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven7010 View Post
I like flowmaster outlaw nice deap sound but I'm going straight pipe side exhaust I live in south carolina thu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have heard some bad things about flowmaster, though. And I want a rear dual to keep things simple.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
I have Borla axlebacks and the Boss 302 side pipes. My wife thinks its too loud so I must be doing something right.
Haha for sure. How would you describe the Borlas.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
I have Pypes off road H-pipe and Pype bomb muffler deletes. I get compliments all the time and a very reasonably priced system compared to many. Really try to listen to some stuff first. I was set on X-pipe until I heard both in person. The H is really a lot deeper than the X and less raspy. many will say there is less HP from H but it is so nominal according to all the mechanics I have spoken too that they all said it wouldnt really even be considered less in reality. Here is a link to mine

http://youtu.be/pQ-MR2VEiTs
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Flowmaster is extremely loud. I'm not sure how different the 5.0 sounds to the 4.6, but here is my friends before and after of a stock 2010 GT and then the flowmaster outlaws WITH bbk catted x-pipe. It is stupid loud on startup and in person. I have to tell him to stay as close as possible to 1k RPM when he visits cuz of ppl complaining in my apt community lmao.

(Sorry if the 10 doesn't relate to the newer 5.0s. Thought it may give some sort of insight)

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
teabagsax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 42
I'm running American Racing headers to their catted H pipe all coming out of Borla S axlebacks. Its loud on cold start, but really purrs when it's warm. At WOT it really roars.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
teabagsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Flowmaster is extremely loud. I'm not sure how different the 5.0 sounds to the 4.6, but here is my friends before and after of a stock 2010 GT and then the flowmaster outlaws WITH bbk catted x-pipe. It is stupid loud on startup and in person. I have to tell him to stay as close as possible to 1k RPM when he visits cuz of ppl complaining in my apt community lmao.

(Sorry if the 10 doesn't relate to the newer 5.0s. Thought it may give some sort of insight)

Remember though, loud isn't always better. I wan't something that growls deep, but is smooth. Something that I can cruise in, and it is pretty quiet, but roars when I get on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I have Pypes off road H-pipe and Pype bomb muffler deletes. I get compliments all the time and a very reasonably priced system compared to many. Really try to listen to some stuff first. I was set on X-pipe until I heard both in person. The H is really a lot deeper than the X and less raspy. many will say there is less HP from H but it is so nominal according to all the mechanics I have spoken too that they all said it wouldnt really even be considered less in reality. Here is a link to mine

2013 Mustang GT Exhaust Pypes Off Road H-pipe with Pype Bomb axle back BAMA Tuned - YouTube
Video audio doesn't do exhaust noise any justice. In person it is just that much more intense.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangDude67 View Post
Remember though, loud isn't always better. I wan't something that growls deep, but is smooth. Something that I can cruise in, and it is pretty quiet, but roars when I get on it.
That's what I meant by extremely loud If you want smooth, don't go with flowmaster outlaws, in my opinion.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by teabagsax View Post
I'm running American Racing headers to their catted H pipe all coming out of Borla S axlebacks. Its loud on cold start, but really purrs when it's warm. At WOT it really roars.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
How much did you pay for it? And do you know of a good review on youtube or something?
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
That's what I meant by extremely loud If you want smooth, don't go with flowmaster outlaws, in my opinion.
Ok. I probably won't then. One thing I hate is when someone starts up a car near you, and its so loud that it makes you almost cringe. Haha. It is kind of cool, but it wouldn't be something I wan't to hear everyday.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
utm18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: trenton
Region: Ohio
Posts: 267
Res. Deletes with gt500
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
teabagsax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 42
I picked up the headers/midpipe from Jay @ hypermotive. He gave me a great deal on them. The Borlas came from AM. It was pricey, but The sound is exactly what I was after. Jay is around here someplace. I think he goes by jayman33. Send him a pm, and he can give you options.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
teabagsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
RollDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Region: Alabama
Posts: 121
http://youtu.be/Ur75R52L5oA

Here's the flowmaster outlaw paired with an orh pipe.
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
goatsoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Maine
Posts: 115
Borlas are nice they have 3 types if im not mistaken. Touring, s-type, ataks. I got ataks and I love them

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
goatsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grimkreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Oakland County
Region: Michigan
Posts: 321
Straight pipe mufflers and resonators =]


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Grimkreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatsoup View Post
Borlas are nice they have 3 types if im not mistaken. Touring, s-type, ataks. I got ataks and I love them

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Does it sound anything remotely close to these?

The X pipes with ABs (When he shows what it was like before the X Pipe, it has the Roush Axle Backs)-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Mustang 5.0 Flowmaster Outlaw and Offroad-H pipe - YouTube

Here's the flowmaster outlaw paired with an orh pipe.
I am looking for more of the sound that you can see in the links above. I might even think of just going with the Axle-Backs and not the X Pipe. I don't know, though.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
RollDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Region: Alabama
Posts: 121
Roush paired with an x pipe will sound terrible.
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Donna
Region: Texas
Posts: 651


These are the Borla's:
Touring, S-Type, and Atak
__________________
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post


These are the Borla's:
Touring, S-Type, and Atak
One word: Wow!

I actually like it a lot, except it has this sound that I can't quite describe, and I notice it on all three. It could just be the audio quality. Hard decisions.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Roush paired with an x pipe will sound terrible.
I was afraid of that.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
MP187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 61
I have the rough axle backs. I love them so much. Perfect sound.. and wicked sounding at wot and going through tunnels and under bridges

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MP187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
Nice sound!!!

I have Roush axleback, Offroad X pipe Cat delete, Resonator delete, Longtube headers. and Cobra Jet setup. It's quiet.'




















JK, Selling Roush AB $375, Literally anything above 2K RPM sounds W.O.T. Crazy, lol. 500-2K sounds like it's grunting which is decent. Then when I'm on the highway 3-4 gear 7200RPMs it's literally, quote me on this...., louder than a nascar.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB3 View Post
I have Roush axleback, Offroad X pipe Cat delete, Resonator delete, Longtube headers. and Cobra Jet setup. It's quiet.'




















JK, Selling Roush AB $375, Literally anything above 2K RPM sounds W.O.T. Crazy, lol. 500-2K sounds like it's grunting which is decent. Then when I'm on the highway 3-4 gear 7200RPMs it's literally, quote me on this...., louder than a nascar.
So its loud, but its nice as well?
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP187 View Post
I have the rough axle backs. I love them so much. Perfect sound.. and wicked sounding at wot and going through tunnels and under bridges

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Does it turn heads a lot? And I mean A LOT? Have you ever heard the Borlas. If so, compare them please.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangDude67 View Post
So its loud, but its nice as well?

Great if you're stock...If you have my setup it's the loudest thing in the world. Look at my Instagram "TrevorsGT" I have some sound clips on there. Highly recommended if you plan to not add a x pipe or LT soon.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangDude67 View Post
Does it turn heads a lot? And I mean A LOT? Have you ever heard the Borlas. If so, compare them please.

My friend has the same setup as me, borla ataks are decent, probably a bit louder as roush. They're both quality choices though.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
MP187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangDude67 View Post
Does it turn heads a lot? And I mean A LOT? Have you ever heard the Borlas. If so, compare them please.
Yes it does... but this pretty little deep impact blue turns heads anyways. .. but yes if I floor it this thing snarls and makes a roar that makes all the panties drop and everybody looks... I love it ......

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MP187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
MP187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP187 View Post
Yes it does... but this pretty little deep impact blue turns heads anyways. .. but yes if I floor it this thing snarls and makes a roar that makes all the panties drop and everybody looks... I love it ......

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have heard the Borlas. But that was in a challenger with the 5.7 hemi. . So not much of a comparison but I think the rough is meaner sounding

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MP187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCali5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Beckley
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,396
I have to borla atak now and I freaking love them. I had macs and they had a little drone. But you can't even hear these borlas inside the car until you really step into the gas. Outside, is a different story. They're really deep and throaty but smooth. No rasp. I think the sound is perfect. They sound better than roush in person, it's hard to tell the different between the ataks and roush in a video. I recommend them 100%


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB3 View Post
My friend has the same setup as me, borla ataks are decent, probably a bit louder as roush. They're both quality choices though.
If it is that small of a difference, that the hundreds of dollars are worth saving by buying the Roush exhaust.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
I have to borla atak now and I freaking love them. I had macs and they had a little drone. But you can't even hear these borlas inside the car until you really step into the gas. Outside, is a different story. They're really deep and throaty but smooth. No rasp. I think the sound is perfect. They sound better than roush in person, it's hard to tell the different between the ataks and roush in a video. I recommend them 100%


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Is it worth the extra 400 or so dollars if your trying to save money?
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP187 View Post
Yes it does... but this pretty little deep impact blue turns heads anyways. .. but yes if I floor it this thing snarls and makes a roar that makes all the panties drop and everybody looks... I love it ......

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP187 View Post
I have heard the Borlas. But that was in a challenger with the 5.7 hemi. . So not much of a comparison but I think the rough is meaner sounding

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That is what I love about the Roush. That deep, mean, aggressive sound really sets the tone. I think the Borlas are louder and smoother. The Roush's are a little quieter, but deeper and more of a growl.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB3 View Post
Great if you're stock...If you have my setup it's the loudest thing in the world. Look at my Instagram "TrevorsGT" I have some sound clips on there. Highly recommended if you plan to not add a x pipe or LT soon.
The only other thing I plan to do is put a Boss 302 Manifold on it. But I am still questioning it.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sound and chatter ANC scratch sound from braking Pirate Bman Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 06-29-2014 06:04 PM
HELP!!! Whistling sound coming from the front/ engine making a clicking sound. Whitestang23 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 5 07-03-2013 05:36 PM
how (if it could) make my auto sound to a manual sound MaKaVeLi 1996-2004 Mustang GT 18 10-18-2006 10:56 AM
Cheap and Nice Sound?? mHuff Mustang Audio & Video 9 08-11-2003 10:19 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:17 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.