Nice sound!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Nice sound!!!

What is the best way to get the nicest sound out of a Mustang GT for a 2013? The music for your ears.

I am thinking some Roush Axle-Backs and an X-pipe.

Give me some of your opinions and suggestions. Price range would be helpful as well. Thanks.
StangDude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I like flowmaster outlaw nice deap sound but I'm going straight pipe side exhaust I live in south carolina thu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
steven7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I have Borla axlebacks and the Boss 302 side pipes. My wife thinks its too loud so I must be doing something right.
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1413996192.731717.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	168290
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven7010 View Post
I like flowmaster outlaw nice deap sound but I'm going straight pipe side exhaust I live in south carolina thu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have heard some bad things about flowmaster, though. And I want a rear dual to keep things simple.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
I have Borla axlebacks and the Boss 302 side pipes. My wife thinks its too loud so I must be doing something right.
Haha for sure. How would you describe the Borlas.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have Pypes off road H-pipe and Pype bomb muffler deletes. I get compliments all the time and a very reasonably priced system compared to many. Really try to listen to some stuff first. I was set on X-pipe until I heard both in person. The H is really a lot deeper than the X and less raspy. many will say there is less HP from H but it is so nominal according to all the mechanics I have spoken too that they all said it wouldnt really even be considered less in reality. Here is a link to mine

http://youtu.be/pQ-MR2VEiTs
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Flowmaster is extremely loud. I'm not sure how different the 5.0 sounds to the 4.6, but here is my friends before and after of a stock 2010 GT and then the flowmaster outlaws WITH bbk catted x-pipe. It is stupid loud on startup and in person. I have to tell him to stay as close as possible to 1k RPM when he visits cuz of ppl complaining in my apt community lmao.

(Sorry if the 10 doesn't relate to the newer 5.0s. Thought it may give some sort of insight)

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I'm running American Racing headers to their catted H pipe all coming out of Borla S axlebacks. Its loud on cold start, but really purrs when it's warm. At WOT it really roars.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
teabagsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Flowmaster is extremely loud. I'm not sure how different the 5.0 sounds to the 4.6, but here is my friends before and after of a stock 2010 GT and then the flowmaster outlaws WITH bbk catted x-pipe. It is stupid loud on startup and in person. I have to tell him to stay as close as possible to 1k RPM when he visits cuz of ppl complaining in my apt community lmao.

(Sorry if the 10 doesn't relate to the newer 5.0s. Thought it may give some sort of insight)

Remember though, loud isn't always better. I wan't something that growls deep, but is smooth. Something that I can cruise in, and it is pretty quiet, but roars when I get on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I have Pypes off road H-pipe and Pype bomb muffler deletes. I get compliments all the time and a very reasonably priced system compared to many. Really try to listen to some stuff first. I was set on X-pipe until I heard both in person. The H is really a lot deeper than the X and less raspy. many will say there is less HP from H but it is so nominal according to all the mechanics I have spoken too that they all said it wouldnt really even be considered less in reality. Here is a link to mine

2013 Mustang GT Exhaust Pypes Off Road H-pipe with Pype Bomb axle back BAMA Tuned - YouTube
Video audio doesn't do exhaust noise any justice. In person it is just that much more intense.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangDude67 View Post
Remember though, loud isn't always better. I wan't something that growls deep, but is smooth. Something that I can cruise in, and it is pretty quiet, but roars when I get on it.
That's what I meant by extremely loud If you want smooth, don't go with flowmaster outlaws, in my opinion.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabagsax View Post
I'm running American Racing headers to their catted H pipe all coming out of Borla S axlebacks. Its loud on cold start, but really purrs when it's warm. At WOT it really roars.

How much did you pay for it? And do you know of a good review on youtube or something?
Old 10-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
That's what I meant by extremely loud If you want smooth, don't go with flowmaster outlaws, in my opinion.
Ok. I probably won't then. One thing I hate is when someone starts up a car near you, and its so loud that it makes you almost cringe. Haha. It is kind of cool, but it wouldn't be something I wan't to hear everyday.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Res. Deletes with gt500
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I picked up the headers/midpipe from Jay @ hypermotive. He gave me a great deal on them. The Borlas came from AM. It was pricey, but The sound is exactly what I was after. Jay is around here someplace. I think he goes by jayman33. Send him a pm, and he can give you options.

teabagsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

http://youtu.be/Ur75R52L5oA

Here's the flowmaster outlaw paired with an orh pipe.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Borlas are nice they have 3 types if im not mistaken. Touring, s-type, ataks. I got ataks and I love them

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
goatsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Straight pipe mufflers and resonators =]

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Grimkreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatsoup View Post
Borlas are nice they have 3 types if im not mistaken. Touring, s-type, ataks. I got ataks and I love them

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Does it sound anything remotely close to these?

The X pipes with ABs (When he shows what it was like before the X Pipe, it has the Roush Axle Backs)-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Mustang 5.0 Flowmaster Outlaw and Offroad-H pipe - YouTube

Here's the flowmaster outlaw paired with an orh pipe.
I am looking for more of the sound that you can see in the links above. I might even think of just going with the Axle-Backs and not the X Pipe. I don't know, though.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Roush paired with an x pipe will sound terrible.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

These are the Borla's:
Touring, S-Type, and Atak
Old 10-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post

These are the Borla's:
Touring, S-Type, and Atak
One word: Wow!

I actually like it a lot, except it has this sound that I can't quite describe, and I notice it on all three. It could just be the audio quality. Hard decisions.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Roush paired with an x pipe will sound terrible.
I was afraid of that.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I have the rough axle backs. I love them so much. Perfect sound.. and wicked sounding at wot and going through tunnels and under bridges

Sent from my SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MP187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Nice sound!!!

I have Roush axleback, Offroad X pipe Cat delete, Resonator delete, Longtube headers. and Cobra Jet setup. It's quiet.'

JK, Selling Roush AB $375, Literally anything above 2K RPM sounds W.O.T. Crazy, lol. 500-2K sounds like it's grunting which is decent. Then when I'm on the highway 3-4 gear 7200RPMs it's literally, quote me on this...., louder than a nascar.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB3 View Post
I have Roush axleback, Offroad X pipe Cat delete, Resonator delete, Longtube headers. and Cobra Jet setup. It's quiet.'

JK, Selling Roush AB $375, Literally anything above 2K RPM sounds W.O.T. Crazy, lol. 500-2K sounds like it's grunting which is decent. Then when I'm on the highway 3-4 gear 7200RPMs it's literally, quote me on this...., louder than a nascar.
So its loud, but its nice as well?
Old 10-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP187 View Post
I have the rough axle backs. I love them so much. Perfect sound.. and wicked sounding at wot and going through tunnels and under bridges

Does it turn heads a lot? And I mean A LOT? Have you ever heard the Borlas. If so, compare them please.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So its loud, but its nice as well?

Great if you're stock...If you have my setup it's the loudest thing in the world. Look at my Instagram "TrevorsGT" I have some sound clips on there. Highly recommended if you plan to not add a x pipe or LT soon.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Does it turn heads a lot? And I mean A LOT? Have you ever heard the Borlas. If so, compare them please.

My friend has the same setup as me, borla ataks are decent, probably a bit louder as roush. They're both quality choices though.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it does... but this pretty little deep impact blue turns heads anyways. .. but yes if I floor it this thing snarls and makes a roar that makes all the panties drop and everybody looks... I love it ......

Old 10-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it does... but this pretty little deep impact blue turns heads anyways. .. but yes if I floor it this thing snarls and makes a roar that makes all the panties drop and everybody looks... I love it ......

I have heard the Borlas. But that was in a challenger with the 5.7 hemi. . So not much of a comparison but I think the rough is meaner sounding

Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I have to borla atak now and I freaking love them. I had macs and they had a little drone. But you can't even hear these borlas inside the car until you really step into the gas. Outside, is a different story. They're really deep and throaty but smooth. No rasp. I think the sound is perfect. They sound better than roush in person, it's hard to tell the different between the ataks and roush in a video. I recommend them 100%

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My friend has the same setup as me, borla ataks are decent, probably a bit louder as roush. They're both quality choices though.
If it is that small of a difference, that the hundreds of dollars are worth saving by buying the Roush exhaust.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
I have to borla atak now and I freaking love them. I had macs and they had a little drone. But you can't even hear these borlas inside the car until you really step into the gas. Outside, is a different story. They're really deep and throaty but smooth. No rasp. I think the sound is perfect. They sound better than roush in person, it's hard to tell the different between the ataks and roush in a video. I recommend them 100%

Is it worth the extra 400 or so dollars if your trying to save money?
Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That is awesome.

Quote:
I have heard the Borlas. But that was in a challenger with the 5.7 hemi. . So not much of a comparison but I think the rough is meaner sounding

That is what I love about the Roush. That deep, mean, aggressive sound really sets the tone. I think the Borlas are louder and smoother. The Roush's are a little quieter, but deeper and more of a growl.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Great if you're stock...If you have my setup it's the loudest thing in the world. Look at my Instagram "TrevorsGT" I have some sound clips on there. Highly recommended if you plan to not add a x pipe or LT soon.
The only other thing I plan to do is put a Boss 302 Manifold on it. But I am still questioning it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT