Does your E-brake slip?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Does your E-brake slip??

I have a 14 gt m6 and for the third time today my e-brake unlocked? itself and slammed down allowing my car to roll backward. FYI i was not touching the e-brake at all every time it happened.

The first two times it happened i was sitting it the car with it running (drive thru and garage). The third time i had just pulled up to work and got out and was getting ready to shut the door when i heard POP!! My car started rolling backward (parking lot is on an incline) so i jumped in and pulled the e-brake.

Now when my car started rolling i opened the door more on instinct to jump in quickly and my door scraped a little on the car next to me. Not bad but it looks like i door dinged someone kinda bad 2 or 3 times. Its right on the edge of the door where a door ding would happen if your the one doing the dinging.

I also scratched the black plastic on the inside door panel from when i jumped in and i had the keys in my hand which is what scratched it.

So my questions...

Has anyone had this happen to them more then once?

What are my chances of getting ford to repair the scrape and possibly the inside door panel?

Sorry for the long post. Just want to see if im the only one having this happen cuz it could have been wayyy worse!

Ps. I now park my car in gear AND use the e-break lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Jgrummz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Texas
That's never happened to me. Granted I do leave it in gear that was there are 2 things keeping it from rolling. The brake hasn't disengaged on its own though.

Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Alabama
I thought maybe mine had. But it was right when i pulled it up, it slammed all the way down. I was still sitting in it so there wasnt any issues. I assumed maybe I had my thumb on the release but I usually just pull it up so you can hear hear the ratchet work. Maybe mine did slip... Cuz I did think it was odd. And it did slam all the way down. As far as your damages. I doubt they would do anything. Just Considering you 'probably' could have performed the maneuver without damaging anything. That sucks though. Sorry man. I'd be pretty irritated myself.

Saleen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
I had a 2010 and this happened twice in that car it was an auto so I didn't think anything of it. I now have a 2013 manual and its happened once. This now makes me worried if it happens while I'm in the car.

Seanp94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT