Rear ended: Need your help! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGTCS View Post
I'm a collision tech and have been repairing cars for a long time. It's honestly not that bad. Lift your carpet up and check and see how bad your floor is.. Go underneath and check your frame rails. That's not that bad a hit. Definitely hit them for diminished value. Cause your car fax is gonna show its been hit and you'll lose value on your car. Unless you go sell it as soon as you pick it up from the bodyshop. If it was mine is fix it and keep riding it's honestly not that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

We are going to go after diminished value and then trade it in on a 2015 GT or a lightly used Audi S4.
Brockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
First, I'd try to get my insurance company to total the car. I know they're pushing back right now, but I also know if you push back hard enough (might take an attorney) it can happen easily.

Second, see what the salvage value of your car is. You might get someone willing to pay $xxxx.xx + the $12,000 the insurance company is giving you to fix it might be worthwhile. Basically that's what they're looking at doing, if you try to make them total it.

Third, I'd lawyer up for the diminished value claim against her insurance company. So you can take that + whatever money you get from either selling the fixed car, or selling it salvage + insurance money $12k + diminished value money = get a new car.

The only problem you may have is that if you don't have the title in hand it gets harder to do these things, b/c you have your lienholder (bank) involved with approving things, getting paid off first, etc.

Also, curious what's the KBB value of your car? current mileage, etc.. ? Plug in the #'s and see what you come up with.

Edit: saw this after I posted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockman66 View Post
We are going to go after diminished value and then trade it in on a 2015 GT or a lightly used Audi S4.
Good idea. Minus the part about the Audi.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Why is the Audi a bad idea? It's as fast if not faster than a GT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
1st cause Audi is not a Stang. 2nd cause it's a Euro.. We should all by American keep our $$ in our country. That's just me. I know some parts in American cars aren't made in America but at least we're supporting our country not another's.

DanGTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
If he's buying a used Audi then that money is staying here. The original owner sent his money to Europe.
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badinuf View Post
If he's buying a used Audi then that money is staying here. The original owner sent his money to Europe.

^ Thank you.

Not to mention that you don't get to dictate how I spend my money. My wife and I are leaning towards a competition orange or triple yellow 2015 GT premium with the track pack and Recaros.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Hey guys and gals. I was rear ended Wednesday morning driving to work. The lady hit me traveling approximately 40mph and didn't even touch her brakes. She demolished the back of my car and pushed me into the car in front of me. The rear quarter panels are warped and the trunk is crumpled. The rear bumper is wasted along with my tail lights and my front bumper is misaligned due to the impact to the front of the car. The drivers side exhaust is also bent shut and crumpled.

I just received the estimate for repair today and the total is $11,670.44.

My main concerns are:

Is there anything special I should have the appraiser look into?

My Recaro seat was all the way in the recline position when she slammed into me and I was wondering whether or not there would be any teeth inside the mechanism that would be broken?

Also, the car was in first gear and when she hit me it stalled. Would there be any chance of the gears being stripped inside the transmission?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachment 168432Attachment 168433Attachment 168434Attachment 168436Attachment 168437
I didn't see it or I missed it, but no one asked about the car you re-ended.

How much damage did you do to it?

You state your car seat was all the way in your recline position? Did you mean it was all the way backwards and you were driving it that way?

Lastly, if you decide to lawyer up, that will let Nationwide drag this out forever. No serious damage as of yet, don't get the lawyers involved.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:51 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I was rear ended. Not the other way around.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

That's completely different then I'll stick with original statement it's not a Stang

Old 11-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Aww don't get your panties in a bunch just dropping advice. You could go buy a pink Corolla for all I care

Old 11-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
I was rear ended. Not the other way around.
Yes I know you were rear ended. Did you get hit in the rear and then you hit the car in front of you in the rear?

That in most states means the old lady who hit you is responsible for the damage to her car and yours. You however, are responsible for the car that you hit in the rear end.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

That is not true as I was at a complete stop and the lady who hit me was traveling at a speed that pushed me into the vehicle in front of me. She probably would have pushed me into the vehicle in front of me if I was 10ft away. She hit me going 40mph.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey guys and gals. I was rear ended Wednesday morning driving to work. The lady hit me traveling approximately 40mph and didn't even touch her brakes. She demolished the back of my car and pushed me into the car in front of me. The rear quarter panels are warped and the trunk is crumpled. The rear bumper is wasted along with my tail lights and my front bumper is misaligned due to the impact to the front of the car. The drivers side exhaust is also bent shut and crumpled.

I just received the estimate for repair today and the total is $11,670.44.

My main concerns are:

Is there anything special I should have the appraiser look into?

My Recaro seat was all the way in the recline position when she slammed into me and I was wondering whether or not there would be any teeth inside the mechanism that would be broken?

Also, the car was in first gear and when she hit me it stalled. Would there be any chance of the gears being stripped inside the transmission?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachment 168432Attachment 168433Attachment 168434Attachment 168436Attachment 168437

UPDATE!!!

Subrogation has been completed. I was awarded $3,000 for diminution of value due to my Mustang. Check is in the mail and on it's way.

Goes to show that going after diminshed value works. I origionally was asking Nationwide for $4,000 and they counter offered $1,800. Eventually the claims adjuster agreed to inspect my vehicle after we had exchanged some negotiations. All said and done, he was a really nice guy and $1,000 less than I asked is really no big deal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT