Another reason why LUND Racing is the way to go for your tunes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Another reason why LUND Racing is the way to go for your tunes

Since switching over to being tuned by Jon Lund, I realized how big a difference a real quality tune can make in performance. Data logs back up everything they do while your are tuning that you can see yourself. Not just the "heres your tune in a can"
I bought a Ford Track Key months ago and the plan was to see if we could "hack" the dual path PCM flash and load my own tunes in their place. The idea was to be able to choose in this instance a key, insert it and a cam lope tune would start. Shut off the car, switch keys and back to the street tune. Ran into some nicely placed road blocks by Ford to keep this from being possible. Sold the Track Key kit without ever installing it
Lund is coming out with the closest thing to achiving exactly what I was wanting and more. They will be offering in the next few weeks a "tuner" (instead of your hand held SCT) that is also an OBDII gauge cluster as well as diagnostic and data logger. It is a LCD touch screen gauge that can be mounted like any gauge that you can choose three functions upon start up.

Tune- Download one of 12 or more custom tunes you can store in its micro SD card memory
Gauge- Choose one or a cluster of MANY gauges that you can customize to look like you want
Data- Car diagnostics, data logging and other system features

Will now be able to press "tune" pick the "cam lope" load the tune and go
Same if you want to load a performance tune or maybe a travel or economy tune for trips. Now just the press of a button on or in your dash upon start up. No more clunky SCT hand held, with software that scares the hell out of everyone wanting to dodge bricks. I look forward to installing one when they come out in a couple of weeks. WELL DONE LUND!

video:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=569349976528335

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
OMG, the only things standing between me and slapping a little nitrous on this car is the PITA of having to load and unload tunes to play with it.

I've been waiting for someone to figure out a straight up tune switch like I have on my bike. I flip a switch and it's N2O tune and flip it back, NA.

Oorah!

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Lope idle still for sticks though?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

^^^No, Lund can do a Cam Lope for almost any setup. This car has a Vortech SC and they can tune with the cam lope.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 10-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm so in.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Can't wait for this to come out and is tested for awhile. As mine is my DD and only form of transportation I have held off on tuning. If this works and is reliable I do believe I am going to take the plunge.

SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Is there a price point yet?

Hellbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Nice, will be following this for sure.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Lund will offer it with their tunes, just like when you get a SCT hand held and tunes. I am sure they will also offer it as a unit if you already are tuned by them. Typically, that nGauge tuner you would be able to ADJUST your tune with that unit, but Lund is going to lock their tunes so no adjustment. It is an HP based tuner, so no more nightmare dealing with constantly updating your tuner with the latest SCT firmware. Have not heard the price point, however......I am SURE it will be probably just higher than the SCT hand held unit due to the added features. I don't think it will be stupid expensive. The firmware has already been used and the HP based tuners are very reliable. The gauging I am sure will be something like what you see in Dash Command. Since this is a OBDII gauge, it will be able to have a gauge for what ever PID you choose. I read that the LCD display gauges are changeable so that you can customize the look and layout of the gauge you choose. It will also be offered in a larger NDash that is a 4.3 rectangular screen unit. I think it has more options than the NGauge as well. I am on the list to get one, so one I get it, I will do a writeup on it.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

So I'm really wanting to wait for this.

Is this similar to like the bully dog system for (bad comparison) diesels? Like gauge pod on dash, touch screen and pick the tune you want on the fly?

Old 10-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

20145pointOH --- that is exactly what it does but it also has modes that will allow it to be an OBDII port gauge or data port.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I want one now! This will 100% be my next purchase.
2014Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'm a bit confused. Ok. So from what I have read over the last year installing a tune is quite involved and one must follow specific steps in doing so. Turning on, turning off, battery charger, etc Etc. Your car must also relearn idle etc.

So, that being said.... How will this work? When a different tune or mode is selected does it reflash the ECM or just change parameters on the fly.

Just curious.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Loading a tune is not that involved. Yes, you do have to turn your key on and off as prompted, but a battery charger is not necessary if your battery is in good working order. It will flash your PCM, but not "on the fly" on start up. This will be an HP based tuner. A lot of professional tuners prefer the HP tuner.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I guess you will turn your car to the on position, select your tune, wait for confirmation then start the care. I wonder how long it will take. Try that in Houston heat. Lol.

102 degrees
.....Loading tune.
Aaaaargh!!!!

Old 10-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm in no doubt

dentman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Dang man I was about to pull the trigger on an sct with either bama, lund or steeda tune. Wonder how long before this product is available?
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Another reason why LUND Racing is the way to go for your tunes

This is gonna be a bit hit! I sure hope this comes out for the 3vs.

I was gonna get a "chip" style tuner for instant tune shifts, but decided that wasn't very practical since I would have to mail the tune to a company and wait for it to come back.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Let's be honest guys, sounds cool and all but who would ever put your mustang in economy mode. I mean really, I want the most power.... Always. So it costs me an extra $100 a month in gas. If that makes or breaks the bank, I don't need to be driving a mustang to begin with. Lol.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

No, you wont more than likely put it in an economy mode, but DEFINATELY will be worth it for real world selectable tunes : Cam Lope Tune, Race Tunes for track days, Street Tune on say 91 octane and even a nitrous tune depending on the hit for nitrous guys that dont want to run their nitrous tune 24/7. I can tell you ours will have three tunes and they will all be used, Cam Lope, 91 octane, 93 octane because the car is in here Texas half the year where 93 is available and In Oklahoma half the year where only 91 is readily available. The Cam Lope tune will be used for a weekend car show or just to show off occasionally.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Now that makes sense. Guess I didn't think of that. Well played sir, well played.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Should be a big hit with those that are into " canned " tunes.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Had to hit up Lund about it. They are still keeping details close.

Greg (Lund Racing Support)
Oct 28 12:53 PM

No pricing yet on these products. The lope idle will be available regardless of which option you choose for tuning as long as it is a product we support. Information is still pretty limited, but we will have much more coming to the surface in the next couple weeks, so I would sit tight if you are looking for the ngauge or ndash. Both will be very cool products that we are excited to start selling. Keep an eye on our Facebook since that is where we will be posting first. Otherwise, hit me up in a couple weeks for updates on what we have in the pipeline.

Thanks,

Greg K.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

This is one I will be following for sure. Having a selectable tune for a daily driver is exactly what I was looking for - and I totally have faith in Lund.
Can't wait...
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Itcouldbebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #25

Region: Maryland
I hear alot of good a LUND. But also AED. Wonder who is better?
back2gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:41 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2gt View Post
I hear alot of good a LUND. But also AED. Wonder who is better?
Depends on what your setup Is.

Lund is real picky and will not tune for some setups. Turbo kit. Has to be his twin turbo kit, $$$$ that's why

Where shaun will tune for anything, on3, hellion, jpc, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20145pointOH View Post
Had to hit up Lund about it. They are still keeping details close.

Greg (Lund Racing Support)
Oct 28 12:53 PM

No pricing yet on these products. The lope idle will be available regardless of which option you choose for tuning as long as it is a product we support. Information is still pretty limited, but we will have much more coming to the surface in the next couple weeks, so I would sit tight if you are looking for the ngauge or ndash. Both will be very cool products that we are excited to start selling. Keep an eye on our Facebook since that is where we will be posting first. Otherwise, hit me up in a couple weeks for updates on what we have in the pipeline.

Thanks,

Greg K.

Has there been any movement on this? I don't see any info out there. I had high hopes for this...

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I am still waiting as well. Nothing new to report on anyone having them available yet
Old 01-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
I am still waiting as well. Nothing new to report on anyone having them available yet
I hope this comes through, it will be a game changer. Guess my tax return is safe for now...

Old 01-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
So I have a Bama SCT4 tune now. What is the cost to go Lund? Does his tune squeeze additional hp/torque or what exactly would I expect?
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bmr14 View Post
So I have a Bama SCT4 tune now. What is the cost to go Lund? Does his tune squeeze additional hp/torque or what exactly would I expect?
There are several threads on this forum concerning Lund and other tuners and their pros and cons - the search function is your friend. This thread is focused on a new product in development from Lund.
Your question would be hard to give a specific answer to, as each application is different, but I think you'll find that Lund is pretty well respected as a quality, safe tuner that can get the most out of your car. Also, I believe they list prices on their website.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Sorry for the highjack.
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry for the highjack.
No problem, just trying to be helpful. hope you found the info you were looking for.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry for the highjack.
There's several threads on the 1st few pages. But to quickly answer your question, yes, expect a great deal difference in a tune from Lund (aed, mike) verses the competition.

Sent from my XT1045 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-12-2015, 11:39 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I asked to be emailed on new details. Haven't got anything. Anyone have their Facebook? I couldn't wait any longer and just bought a SCT. However I'd switch over asap.

Sent from my XT1045 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT