Bama tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #1

Bama tuner

I just purchased the x4 Bama tuner for my 2013 5.0. I put the race tuner on my car. Anyone have recommendations for what the best tune is to have on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mharmon671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharmon671 View Post
I just purchased the x4 Bama tuner for my 2013 5.0. I put the race tuner on my car. Anyone have recommendations for what the best tune is to have on the car.
Hey! Welcome to MustangEvolution. That's really debatable and I usually stick with the race tune on my car (and to be honest I don't really use the Street or Performance unless I'm going to be in the car for 7-10 hours) my best recommendation is to typically start with the Street tune and work your way up through the performance and then race tune as I think it's the most responsive and entertaining! Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
try race, street & performance and see what you prefer. Its a subjective thing, which you prefer.

The throttle responsive, stiffness of shifts, etc.. of the race tune might be too aggressive if you drive in a lot of stop & go traffic a lot.

But if you drive like a jackass 24/7 whenever you're in the car, (like I do) then you probably want the race tune on all the time.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #4

Thanks everyone. I have it on race tune now and I do find myself driving more like a jackass since I bought the car. Lol

mharmon671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Hybrid tune from BAMA is what I have. Maybe AM can better explain it. I'm still confused with the difference. All I know is a hybrid tune is a combo of street and race. You get the high end of the race tune with the throttle response of the street. So street has better throttle response than the race.

Anyhow it's better.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I have it on race tune now and I do find myself driving more like a jackass since I bought the car. Lol
My "excuse" is.... "I'm a professional, don't try this at home."

Ok, so I'm not a professional, but I do have a lot of track days (road course) under my belt, with a lot of professional instruction time. So if I can drive 150+mph and make the back S turns at 90++ mph, I think I can handle a little spirited driving on the road, right? Though the road conditions are the big problem, a little dust, gravel or bumps can completely change the expectations of handling vs. the nice clean smooth track.

Actually, all my track time is in my old car, but I will probably take the new ride to the track soon. Just needed 1000+ miles to break her in & new tires, which came in a few days after the last track event (PCA HPDE) that I really wanted to attend.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Hybrid tune from BAMA is what I have. Maybe AM can better explain it. I'm still confused with the difference. All I know is a hybrid tune is a combo of street and race. You get the high end of the race tune with the throttle response of the street. So street has better throttle response than the race.

Anyhow it's better.

AM doesn't offer a hybrid tune anymore
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
try race, street & performance and see what you prefer. Its a subjective thing, which you prefer.

The throttle responsive, stiffness of shifts, etc.. of the race tune might be too aggressive if you drive in a lot of stop & go traffic a lot.

But if you drive like a jackass 24/7 whenever you're in the car, (like I do) then you probably want the race tune on all the time.
^This-I also happen to find myself also driving a little spiritedly-After all, we didn't get into these cars to drive them on the slow side!

Quote:
All in good fun! Take it to a local track sometime or a road course, it's that much more fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
You nailed it! Bama had this offered as they had many requests for some of the aspects of the street as well as the race tune; They've since incorporated their findings into their newest tunes. If you're happy with your current tune then stick with it as there's no reason to get any type of revision set up!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT