Atak VS S Type - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Atak VS S Type

I know this has probably been asked a bunch of times, BUT I have pype bombs and a pypes after cat x pipe on right now and I can say after I installed the x pipe it sounds a lot smoother and the tone is very different than before. However it also doesn't really have a deep enough tone for me now. It sounds good but I want something throatier. I am looking at either the S types or the Ataks, for all the people who have them or have heard both of them which one would you guys suggest? I like how deep sounding the S types are but I like the volume of the Ataks. I heard that the Ataks wont sound too different than what I have now but I have never heard either in real life only in video so I just want some feedback from owners of these 2 exhausts systems
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I have the borla stingers and love the sound throaty deep and not as loud as the ataks but that's the way I like it. Generates a nice tuned sound
Raeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ya thats what I've heard, I want something thats throatier than my Pype bombs but I like the volume so I'm not sure if I should get S types, Ataks, or stick to what I have. Although having no drone would be nice too lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm happy that I got this exhaust in the beginning. I thought about atak for 2 seconds when they came out. Then I realized I have no reason to trade my exhaust because I'm happy with it. It's like leaving your wife you have been happy with for 4 years for a 1 night stand. You will enjoy it at first then you will realize what you lost lol
Old 10-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ya haha I mean I like having a loud exhaust but not too loud. Like I said the volume on my pypes is just right but the tone is so-so, thats why I am looking at Borlas. So I guess the main thing would be how much louder are the Ataks than the S types because I have heard 10-20% which is a big range because if its only 10% then I rather have the tone of the S types if its 20 well I think I'd go with the Ataks

Old 10-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't necessarily just go with the one that's louder but the one that sounds better. You delete your cats then boom your car is louder. And with no cats and the exhaust you want I would call that a win
Old 10-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I have the ataks now after having the Mac axle backs. The sound is super good. Absolutely no drone whatsoever and it's loud. Loud in a different way than some systems , inside the car it's not loud at all but outside is a different story. It's like WOW this thing is a whole different car now. It's really throaty but smooth if u know what I mean. I would recommend them 100% and it's exactly what I wanted. The s types weren't loud enough for my taste but had a slightly similar sound to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
I have the ataks now after having the Mac axle backs. The sound is super good. Absolutely no drone whatsoever and it's loud. Loud in a different way than some systems , inside the car it's not loud at all but outside is a different story. It's like WOW this thing is a whole different car now. It's really throaty but smooth if u know what I mean. I would recommend them 100% and it's exactly what I wanted. The s types weren't loud enough for my taste but had a slightly similar sound to them.
Thanks man I mean thats what I am tore between because I really like the tone on the S Types but the volume and tone combo on the Ataks is nice. I am trying to decide and its kinda tough haha, my thing is that I am used to the pypes which are loud and drone so I feel like if I went to the S types they might be too quiet but then again I rather have something that has a really good tone than just loud, ESPECIALLY after my last fiasco with offroad x pipe and pype bombs lol. Never again....

Old 10-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Then go ataks. Seriously they're not "too" loud as some videos make them sound. They're perfect. Zero drone so no headaches in the car and they have that s type tone but a little throatier. Jegs has them for 723$ but you can get American muscle too price match them. Although my borlas came from jegs in just one day with regular shipping I had no hassles with them. American muscle price is 850 something so be sure to get the best price.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then go ataks. Seriously they're not "too" loud as some videos make them sound. They're perfect. Zero drone so no headaches in the car and they have that s type tone but a little throatier. Jegs has them for 723$ but you can get American muscle too price match them. Although my borlas came from jegs in just one day with regular shipping I had no hassles with them. American muscle price is 850 something so be sure to get the best price.
I mean I know they wouldn't be too loud for me for sure, I like loud but just not too loud like cat deletes and pype bombs lol. I would get the ones built for the 11-12 GTs because I want the tips to stick out a good bit haha, but I like the volume like I said but I really like the tone of the S types. I do like how throaty they both are but the S types are a lot deeper toned. I think either one will have a better tone than my pype bombs though so yeah. Also with an X pipe with my pype bombs the sound is a lot smoother and not as throaty as before but I like it this way just as much as the other, if I got a set of Borlas I assume it will be a lot throatier because doesn't the cat back come with an X pipe?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I am thinking the cat back comes with an x pipe. I just have factory cat back on mine. I'd like to get an x pipe though but not offroad.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I am thinking the cat back comes with an x pipe. I just have factory cat back on mine. I'd like to get an x pipe though but not offroad.

Well I can tell you offroad x pipe with pype bombs sounds awful haha but Idk how it would sound with Ataks. I already have the X pipe so there isn't much of a point in getting the catback IMO but I wouldn't delete your cats completely after what I just experienced lol I would just go high flow if you really wanted the power/sound

Old 10-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'll probably just keep my cats stock and just go x pipe route. Give it a little throatier sound. I didn't think I'd like the throaty sound on this car but since the ataks I love it!! I'm serious it's a totally different sounding car and I can't get enough of driving it.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Ya don't delete cats dude, it was a headache literally and figureativly especially because I daily drive my 5.0... The x pipe although a lot of people say won't make a difference it makes a big difference IMO. The tone of the exhaust is completely different however I feel like it would affect my tone a lot more since its just a muffler delete while your exhaust is built to actually have a certain tone to it, thats just my guess though I'm not completely sure
Old 10-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I agree 100%

Old 10-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

yeah either way I am going to stick with my pypes at least until Christmas... But I will probably order a set of Borla's around that time... Just gotta decide which one
Old 10-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Seriously go with ataks. I think you'll love them. I have a video on my phone of in car sound but idk how to post it lol. I can send it thru text tho.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

haha in car sound isn't a big deal. I think I will get Ataks, I mean I know what they sound like I am just trying to decide if I want another loud exhaust (which I don't mind it being loud) Or something more quiet that has a really deep tone to it... But I think I'll get the Ataks because I am used to the pype bombs which are decently loud for just mufflers and I know the Ataks are not as loud but they are almost there but they have a much deeper tone.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

The sound is intoxicating. They have that exotic sound you only get from certain setups imo. You'll be happy trust me.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

When driving the car they sound close to stock unless you lug it or get on It then they'll scream. Normal driving you rarely hear it with the radio even on low volume.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Well honestly after going through my pype bombs and the x pipe and no cats then back to cats and x pipe and pype bombs... I am looking for something more defined with no drone. When I first got my 5.0 I just wanted it to be as loud as possible, got there last week, never want to go back again hahaha.. If it was like a weekend car or something sure it would be cool but everyday, NO WAY. I know the deepest sounding mufflers are the S types and Ataks and now I'm just trying to choose what volume I want I guess lol. But I think I will go Ataks
Old 10-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Same here dude I daily drive mine and I hate drone period. Makes the car sound louder than it really is too. A lot of people say go roush but they're obnoxious loud and they do drone and that's not something I want. I like compliments. And with these ataks I've gotten so many points to my car and smiles than I've ever had. People at work tel me how awesome it sounds as well.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Well my buddy has roush on his 5.0 and the pype bombs are louder because we've compared haha... I will definitely get the Ataks because they are loud and throaty and DONT drone lol

Old 10-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

They're perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-31-2014, 10:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Borla s is loud enough, no drone and 4.5 inch tips

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They're perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

There not loud enough for me.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'm kind of leaning towards Roush now.... Because its a lot cheaper but I still really like the tone and volume. I mean its really difficult to decide haha because I like the S types, Ataks, and Roush and the price of the Roush is really enticing.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:13 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

They drone

Old 10-31-2014, 11:34 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I mean when I ride in my friends 2014 5.0 he has BBK Long tubes and O/R x pipe with Roush AB and his doesn't drone, but past like 2,200 RPMs its really loud. But since his is auto when he puts it into D and just drives normally it isn't loud or ruining anyone's day. And on the highway cruising at 65 doesn't drone either, we can have conversations with each other without yelling. But that's just based off my experience Idk maybe drone to you is a little different than to me
Old 10-31-2014, 11:52 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Well with stock setups they drone. Maybe not with something like that.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Perhaps... It's a tough call I like the Borla and the Roush but I know they both drone less than my pype bombs and I know the Roush is like 300 dollars less which is a Shelby spoiler lol

Old 11-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

which Borlas are the FRPP sport mufflers equivalent to? kinda thinking about these, my Kooks sound nice but they drone a little too much for me 45yo ears lol
Old 11-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I think the borla touring. I'm notn100% sure though

Old 11-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Just put ATAK Catbacks on my 14 GT and I was genuinely surprised with how accurate it is from what I heard online. What you hear online is what you'll end up hearing in real life. So whatever sounds better to you online is what you should go with. Personally I love my ATAKs, they give a deep throaty sound and make it super distinctive.

Capn__Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn__Morgan View Post
Just put ATAK Catbacks on my 14 GT and I was genuinely surprised with how accurate it is from what I heard online. What you hear online is what you'll end up hearing in real life. So whatever sounds better to you online is what you should go with. Personally I love my ATAKs, they give a deep throaty sound and make it super distinctive.

100% true. You know that's what the car has on it (if you've done research) when u hear one!!

Old 11-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
iv had my ataks for about a week now i gotta be honest and say its a little lower volume than i was expecting but sounds amazing. the upside is zero drone at any speed, witch to me makes up for lack of volume.

FRPP sport = borla s type
FRPP touring = borla touring
deadpandan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT