Raxiom halo fogs - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

I'd love to know if anyone has wired them into the sidebars, I have a '13. During the day if I want to use my fog halos I have to turn my switch to the parking lights or turn my headlights on. I asked AM about doing this and they told me to find an electrician. If I could wire them into my sidebars they would stay on every time the car is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thats what im going to do. And btw they arent called 'sidebars' they are the daytime running lights for our gen. Anyway you are supposed to wire them into the daytime runners. The 'sidebars' dont run off the same wiring harness as the actual hid light, hence why you can do this. i.e. your halos will forever be running.
jkattchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

And RTR i just realized that if you wire them to the daytime runners rather than the side markers you wont have to worry about doing it with connectors. Or shouldnt have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkattchee View Post
Thats what im going to do. And btw they arent called 'sidebars' they are the daytime running lights for our gen. Anyway you are supposed to wire them into the daytime runners. The 'sidebars' dont run off the same wiring harness as the actual hid light, hence why you can do this. i.e. your halos will forever be running.

That's what I want. I want them on all the time. If I have to replace them every year or so I'm cool with that. Also, Justin from AM calls them bars so I guess I'd rather be wrong along side an expert. It's all good. I just have to take a few extra steps to get what I want. Being a DD with a commute of 20 minutes a day round trip I figure I won't burn them out too fast even if I keep them on all the time.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Well ccfl bulbs have a ~10,000hr life or so. So if you burn them out color me impressed. And they are 'sidebars' but as far as legality and ford sees it (DOT by legality) they are considered the daytime runners (every car must have them after a certain production date to be road legal)

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

According to Oracle lighting CCFL actually has a 50,000hr life. But that can depend on quality and manufacturer. But they have a longer life than you can possibly use them for.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #42
RTR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
And RTR i just realized that if you wire them to the daytime runners rather than the side markers you wont have to worry about doing it with connectors. Or shouldnt have to.
I never thought about wiring to the daytime runners that's a good idea. I might just have to try to do that tonight Ill let you know what happens. But I think you will still need to wire in a plug because the headlight harness is behind the headlight an the fogs stay attached to the grill so in order to remove the bumper you need to be able to unplug it. From what I can tell if you have a better idea of how to do this please let me know id appreciate it.
Here is my current setup to the side markers although in this mustang I'm using Oracle plasma Halos since they are brighter and last much longer 100,000hrs as for the Raxiom I have in my grey mustang they are CCFL and not the best quality ones either they may last 40,000 but probably not.

RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

OK i see what you did with the sidmarker. You just stripped back the insulating and wired the plug in there. I was just unsure where you wired it into, by that i mean which side of the plug (m or f side).
Old 12-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I just got these fog lights in and have little wiring experience would you recommend that i take it somewhere to get it installed? My buddy will be with me that semi knows what he is doing

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly if you just splice your wiring you dont need to take it somewhere. But if you plan to put plugs in and dont have experience stripping wire/soldering then id take it somewhere.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Yeah I'm thinking about running mine into the daytime running lights as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Do it.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Please post how you install them with the daytime running lights, especially if you have a '13. I so want to know how to do this!!!

Old 12-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

It comes with horrible instructions and you can find the video on YouTube

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Old 12-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418257790.081816.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	793.7 KB
ID:	171522 Got them on today!!! Couldn't take a better picture because it was dark by the time I finished but the install only took around 2 and a half hours with my buddy. The wiring is not hard at all just use the blue connectors that are supplied to connect the currents between the side markers and the halo lights. If you think you can't do this project by yourself like I did before the install trust me it is not as hard as it looks. Couldn't be happier with this

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Old 12-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Hey man that looks sweet. I cant wait till i make it home on sunday. Monday rolls around The install will be starting. Entire new front end new front brake rotors and finally get my forgestars wrapped with Michelin Pilot SS's on all four. 19x11 rear 19x9 front. Its gonna look so much different when im finished.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Good stuff man

Old 12-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Anyone care to follow up in how to wire these up to the DRLs?
gamecock426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Raxiom halo fogs

DRLs run all the time as well except for when the car is running and you pull up on the ebrake

Old 12-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

To wire them into the DRL lights you have to take the headlights off their mount and find the wires that run the DRL's then just splice them on in. Just so yall know the side markers lights do run at all times the car is on, they have to.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To wire them into the DRL lights you have to take the headlights off their mount and find the wires that run the DRL's then just splice them on in. Just so yall know the side markers lights do run at all times the car is on, they have to.

My '13 doesn't. I wish it did. I have to manually switch my lights to parking unless it's dark. Then my auto option turns them on.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Yeah my 14 seems to be the same way, they don't automatically come on. With the lights knob are you supposed to turn it clockwise to the furthest setting for them to come on and stay on or what does that even control?

Im about install the Roush lower fog light kit on mine and I was wondering if anyone knew much about those, I think it would be cool to have the Raxiom halos in both the boss302 grille and in the Roush lower fog kit for the 13-14.
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

It could depend on model and transmission.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

It's a 2014 GT
Old 12-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Does anyone know a free outlet on the 13-14 battery that comes on whenever the key is inserted into the ignition? I'm about to install these halos and I want to have them running all the time so I'm planning on getting some extra wiring to run them directly to the battery so they come on whenever I put the key in and always stay on, I just don't know which open outlet possesses these qualities or which wires to splice.

I don't want to do it to my DRL's because they aren't always running and I have head lights and fog lights already installed occupying the stock knob options.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote2820 View Post
Does anyone know a free outlet on the 13-14 battery that comes on whenever the key is inserted into the ignition? I'm about to install these halos and I want to have them running all the time so I'm planning on getting some extra wiring to run them directly to the battery so they come on whenever I put the key in and always stay on, I just don't know which open outlet possesses these qualities or which wires to splice.

I don't want to do it to my DRL's because they aren't always running and I have head lights and fog lights already installed occupying the stock knob options.

You don't need extra wiring... I wired them to the Orange side markers and those are on 100% all the time the car is running (unless you turn your switch to all the way off and have your ebrake up when stopped) and they come on when you open a door/hit unlock ect

Old 12-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Hell yeah! I didn't realize those were always on. I thought they only come on when your lights are turned on or blinkers?
Old 12-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Raxiom halo fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote2820 View Post
Hell yeah! I didn't realize those were always on. I thought they only come on when your lights are turned on or blinkers?

No, look when you hit unlock or open your doors. They're always on as well as whenever the car as on (besides like I had said before; stopped with ebrake up and your drls and the side markers turn off as well)
I wish I had taken a picture of the wiring for reference

Old 12-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

It's cool, I appreciate the info. It made things much simpler. But I forgot to buy the parts to make plugs fml so the next time the bumper comes off is going to suck.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Raxiom halo fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
You don't need extra wiring... I wired them to the Orange side markers and those are on 100% all the time the car is running (unless you turn your switch to all the way off and have your ebrake up when stopped) and they come on when you open a door/hit unlock ect

Mine only turns on when the side marks are on. I would like to know how you made them to be on each time the car is running

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Ya they are easy to installClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1419222262.777312.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	172338

dentman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlp07 View Post
Mine only turns on when the side marks are on. I would like to know how you made them to be on each time the car is running

If you wired them to the side markers they should be on all the time.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:39 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Raxiom halo fogs

The side markers are on 100% all the time unless you are stopped and turn your headlight switch to off and pull up the ebrake which will leave only the drl lights on and leaving halos and side markers off.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:07 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Installed mine today. I love the way they look, probably tightened then too much though because I can barely get the fog deletes in and out smoothly but overall I'm satisfied. They look pretty wicked I think.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1419235556.704223.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	172346

Flash glare took away from the halo clarity. I don't actually have the fog light connected. Will get a better one tomorrow. Now I just need whiter bulbs for the Roush fogs to match.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I'm in the black 2014. I'll pass on the 15. Lol. I have the halos as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419253225127.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	172348  
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT