Jpc racing tuning vs john Lund - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
lol to not keep arguing with you, but you do realize, the old tech dyno tunes as you called it, they datalog as well Adam had to come out to the waiting area and ask if I had issues when trying to connect my SCT, said he kept getting an error when trying to connect to datalog, turns out my Kenwood/Maestro system was causing a connection issue, because my Kenwood taps into the OBDII to read straight off the ecm.........
Yes you can data log on a dyno but it's not as good as doing it on the street. Things like the dyno being load or unloaded can effect things as well as other factors.

I learned to tune on a dyno many years ago from a close friend so I have experience doing it both ways. The street gives you advantages a dyno can't.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well all this argument about dyno tuning and remote tuning is kinda useless. They both work and they both are only as good as the person tuning the car.

That being said, I think Scott is right tho. In order to pull the datalogs you're gonna have to WOT in third if not fourth and that's pulling at least 90-100mph if not 120-130mph on the street. Slightly irresponsible if you can't find a remote road.

Second benefit of having a dyno tune: you get to see a dyno sheet and power levels.

To each their own. It's still fried chicken no matter how you fry it up. How good it is just depends on if it's Louisiana Kitchen style or Colonel Sanders secret 11 herbs and spice style, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In order to pull the datalogs you're gonna have to WOT in third if not fourth and that's pulling at least 90-100mph if not 120-130mph on the street. Slightly irresponsible if you can't find a remote road.
LOL, what are you doing driving a 5.0 for? Be responsible and get yourself a Prius.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
LOL, what are you doing driving a 5.0 for? Be responsible and get yourself a Prius.
Bahaha. I think we've all (or most of us) done WOT pulls to 120 before.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post

Lmao I never said I don't. I said "slightly irresponsible"

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Jpc racing tuning vs john Lund

Quote:
slightly irresponsible
For some reason I get this mental image of Napoleon Dynamite saying this......

You guys have a great week, I am checking out for 10 days to travel to Kansas to sit in a tree for 10 days.........or how ever long it takes >>>-------------->
My buddies wife got the big boy two weeks ago, but hopefully there are some of his brothers running around.....and YES, she drives a '13 5.0 too.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
With Lund, do you already have to own a handheld tuner?

ncfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfive0 View Post
With Lund, do you already have to own a handheld tuner?

Yes, or buy one from him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Okay, thanks for the reply

ncfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
[QUOTE=Deerslayer;2119246]Jon II tuned this car.

I beg to differ. Remote tuning lets YOU SEE exactly what is being adjusted to your car and data logs. Something you wont get if you just drop off your car at a shop and come pick it up when it is ready. It is a PROCESS from your car idling to your car making WOT pulls.

1sr Log: Idle Log ( Car idling)
2nd Log: Neutral Rev Log (car in neutral revving to specific RPMs)
3rd Log: Lower RPM Log Pulls (2500-5000 RPMs)
4th Log: WOT Pulls (to 7100 RPMs or what your red-line is set at)

Each Log is logged, and attached to your open COM with the tuner. Log is reviewed, changes made, tuner then attaches a Tune Revision and it the file is attached once again in your open COM.
Your car gets looked at and tuned from idling all the way to WOT pulls with the same loads as it will see in real situations. Not on rollers that don't put NEAR any strain on your motor as it does on the road.
Once you begin each new log, YOU can see the changes in the data. The process is quick, SUPER easy and efficient. If you cant objectively look at new ways that things are being done and accept that sometimes, newer IS better then you might as well be an ostrich with your head in the sand. This is not a knock on dyno tunes, but just showing that with new technology, comes new ways of doing things that can be more efficient.
Ask anyone who has actually done the Remote Sessions with Lund Racing how easy it is. It is no different than posting in this thread. Only you and your tuner are the only ones on the thread. You have a button to attach attachments back and forth for your logs and tunes. It is quick easy and YOU get to see and feel the results as they are happening.
First, fix your sig, Jon Lund didn't tune it. ( according to you )
Second, not arguing any of your above points, street tuning by the tuner does all of that +.
Stop & think, when Ford Motor Co. develops a tune, do they do it @ a computer terminal, or do they go out and drive the car ??
That's all I'm saying.
After my cars were " street " tuned by the tuner, ( who used to work for Ford as a tuner ), then they went to the dyno !

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Deerslayer what gauges are you using?

Leo513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT