Street/Strip Suspension Wheels and Tires Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Nebraska
Street/Strip Suspension Wheels and Tires Questions

Hi folks, winter will be upon us here in the midwest in a few weeks so that means it will be time for the winter mods in the garage. Currently the car is AED tuned E85/93, JLT CAI, Kooks 1 3/4 ceramic coated headers and Kooks ORX pipe with GT500 AB's resonators deleted, MGW shifter. I've installed BMR LCA's, BMR adjustable panhard bar/panhard support bar on the rear of the car.
The remaining parts in boxes in the garage consist of a BMR adjustable UCA as well as a set of Ford Racing 3.73's which I plan on installing in the next month once the weather turns and the car gets put away till spring.
My remaining winter plans consist of wheels,tires and a drop but I'm really struggling on which direction to go with it. The car is a nice weather driver that I run errands around town in and drive for fun it is not my dd. The problem I'm running into is I want a balance of quick on the street as well as being able to hook at the track well a few times a year. My schedule will be changing at work allowing me the opportunity to get to the track this year but I'm unsure as to how focused I will be on that.
Originally I was going to go with a set of forgestars with as wide a street tire as I could fit on the rear of the S197 with the eibach pro system drop. Now part of me is considering a 15 by 10" wide dark star with some MT ET Street Radials and a 17" up front. I realize they will degrade handling in the corners can't be ran in the rain etc, guess I'd like to hear from some people that have ran both and what your thoughts are on it. I don't mind buying a set of rear tires once a year, also looking for opinions if the eibach pro would be a good match or if I should look at something like the Lakewood 70/30 or if theres a better alternative? Looking to stay in the $3K range for drop/wheels/tires?
Big Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT