Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mustang GT 2013 starting issue

902 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Getn off 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

Today I woke up and went out to turn on my pony to go for a ride.

Anyhow, when i tried to turn it for the first time it didnt turn on and there was a noice from the car cant specify where exactly .. but it was like somthing was cranking... anyhow, i tried 4 times same thing happened .. then i left the car for about 20 mins then tried to turn it on .. then it worked ( even though there was a small cranking sound at the time it worked )

These are two videos of the problem that happened to me

YouTube

This is the 5th time when it worked out

YouTube

NOTE that i just changed the synchros and the gears in the gearbox
also, i installed a new clutch all of this was last week and since then i used the car 3 times and she was ok

Car is running 45k km

Please help guys

Thank you

See less See more
#3 ·
I had a very similar issue on my gto. After I changed the clutch, it wouldn't start often times, and sometimes would here a screech kinda noise while attempting.
Turns out that when the flywheel was replaced, the guy didn't get the starter ring gear mated back on the new flywheel correctly. And the starter ring gear would slip off the flywheel a bit while starting.
To test this, next time it wont start, try pushing the car a couple inches and trying again.
Good luck,
Troy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.