Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suspension install correct?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kanine 
#1 ·
I just want to see if this is correct or ok. I have the front shock and spring assembled, but the spring does not sit flush all the way on the bottom perch, I tried decompressing and adjusting the spring, but it keeps end up with a gap on one side on the bottom. I have he 05-10 Konis, but using the 11-14 Eibachs.

I was installing my suspension today, I only got to do the rear, took me almost 4 hours. I have the fronts assembled, was planning to install it tomorrow,.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I have he 05-10 Konis, but using the 11-14 Eibachs.
I don't think 11-14 springs will fit 05-10 struts. If you mount those as shown it will be interesting to see how long it takes for the spring perch to fail.

Coil spring Auto part Suspension Suspension part Machine

#4 ·
Forgot to mention they are the 11-14 Eibach Pro springs. This is upsetting, I asked about fitment with the 05-10 Konis and getting 11-14 springs, I only got them because I was going to use the GT500 strut mounts.

What should I do now? Should I just switch the rear Eibachs back to the stock springs and keep the Konis on the rear till I get a front set for the 11-14s. What strut mounts should I get, I really didn't want to get CC plates since the Pro Kit only dropped the front by 1 inch.

#5 ·
11-14 springs work on 05-09 struts. I'm currently running 11-14 Eibach Sportlines with 05-09 Koni STR.Ts and GT500 mounts. The springs sit fine in the perch. Try sliding the rubber sleeve up the spring slightly. Maybe it's making the coil too thick so that it doesn't clear that ridge on that part of the perch.

Sent from the Death Star.

#6 ·
I tried today to slide the rubber sleeve up, it still doesn't fit, even when uncompressed, the bottom of the spring does not sit flush on the perch. I think the 11-14 Eibach Pro is different, on all the websites, other springs like BMR, Steeda, etc. are listed 05-14, but the Pros have two different ones, 05-10 and 11-14.

I removed the rear Eibachs and put it back to stock, left the Koni in the back for now, I guess I will have to get Steeda Sport springs instead now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.