Originally Posted by Ntbruncie
I have a 2014 gt. Automatic lowered 1.5 and has kooks longtubes with the catted x. JLT intake and a tune. I run 20" wheels with mickey thompson street Comp tires and can't seam to get traction to save my life. What tires do you recommend?
Need more information....
1. What size tires do you have? (maybe try wider tires)
2. What are you trying to do ? (drag race, road race, just drive fast in general )
3. Where are you located / whats the temp? (your tires are meant to be summer tires.. its getting cold right now in most parts of the country... could be you too cold)
1. With the power that a Coyote engine makes you need at least 275 wide rear tires, and preferrably bigger, 285, 295 or 305.
2. If you're drag racing, you do better with smaller wheel like 17-18"
& a drag radial.
3. If you're talking about just driving around town and its cold, you might need to get a set of all season winter tires for this time of year. The Mickey Thompsons you have are really meant for hot summer driving.