Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Best tire for traction

10K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  c_rizzle 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 gt. Automatic lowered 1.5 and has kooks longtubes with the catted x. JLT intake and a tune. I run 20" wheels with mickey thompson street Comp tires and can't seam to get traction to save my life. What tires do you recommend?

#4 ·
Nito Invos 285/35/19 are really good, that's what I been using for 5 months. They are pretty much dead now since I did over 15 burnouts and ran down the track 50+ times, and I always abuse them lmfao. But yeah they are actually a really good long lasting reasonable price performance tire!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
Need more information....

1. What size tires do you have? (maybe try wider tires)
2. What are you trying to do ? (drag race, road race, just drive fast in general )
3. Where are you located / whats the temp? (your tires are meant to be summer tires.. its getting cold right now in most parts of the country... could be you too cold)

1. With the power that a Coyote engine makes you need at least 275 wide rear tires, and preferrably bigger, 285, 295 or 305.

2. If you're drag racing, you do better with smaller wheel like 17-18"
& a drag radial.

3. If you're talking about just driving around town and its cold, you might need to get a set of all season winter tires for this time of year. The Mickey Thompsons you have are really meant for hot summer driving.

#7 ·
Need more information....

1. What size tires do you have?

2. What are you trying to do ? (drag race, road race, just drive fast in general )

3. Where are you located / whats the temp? (your tires are meant to be summer tires.. its getting cold right now in most parts of the country... could be you too cold)

1. With the power that a Coyote engine makes you need at least 275 wide rear tires, and preferrably bigger, 285, 295 or 305.

2. If you're drag racing, you do better with smaller wheel like 17-18"

& a drag radial.

3. If you're talking about just driving around town and its cold, you might need to get a set of all season winter tires for this time of year. The Mickey Thompsons you have are really meant for hot summer driving.

I don't have Mickey Thompsons? I have Nitto Invos like I said, I live in Texas... They were great all summer/fall/ and still hooked up during the cold 50 degrees temps, I don't lose traction in the rain unless I hit the pedal hard. I daily drive my car on the streets every day hard and track it about 5+ days a month. Rim is 19x9.5 SVE Drift, and front tires 255/40/19 rears 285/35/19, that's the boss 302 setup. Works perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

edit. Thought u were talkin to me. My bad!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.