Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Impressed with TrackKey

3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Rapinator126 
#1 ·
I was pretty impressed over the weekend. Got a chance to get my car on the dyno. The mods are TrackKey, K&N drop in filter, Pype Bomb axle backs and 3.73 gears. The car made 400hp and 385 tq. Definitely more than I expected. A completely stock '14 with magnaflow mufflers and x-pipe made 366h (forgot tq) about 15 minutes after my run.

#8 ·
Well....if you "google drivetrain loss" and come up with about 15%, this particular 'stang is making about 460 to the flywheel..apparently....

I'm on the Procal, which is a similar setup and according my "dragstrip dyno", I'm at 439 fly, which I think is a pretty strong result for something with only 412 fly claimed stock.

#10 · (Edited)
% drivetrain losses are all crap anyway. All you need to do is apply it across two engine configs, one with 500 horse and one with 400. does it make sense one takes 80 horse and one 64 to drive the same transmission and rear end?

That said, it is a little hard to believe a tune only 5.0 putting down 400 to the wheels.

#13 ·
% drivetrain losses are all crap anyway. All you need to do is apply it across two engine configs, one with 500 horse and one with 400. does it make sense one takes 80 horse and one 64 to drive the same transmission and rear end?

That said, it is a little hard to believe a tune only 5.0 putting down 400 to the wheels.
Why? Bolt ons/tune routinely get up in the 450 range.

#12 ·
I'll be getting the track key soon
I'm pumped

#22 ·
Damn internets have been lying to me again. This is why I always say verify like 10 times... I should probalby just go into lurk mode for any forum 05-over... :(

#24 ·
^ Yes,
a car that keeps the stock headers on pump gas will be low 420' s Even with all other boltons.

Most cobra jet, full exhaust e85 Cars are 450-470

After thanksgiving I'm going back to C.T.P to finalize my tune, and Jeff said we are going to go for one of the highest hp stock header 5.0's in the country.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.