Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Anyone have any experience with a Koni Yellow set up

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jande063 
#1 ·
Hey everybody hows it going. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with a Koni Yellow strut and shock set up. I enjoy tracking my 2012 and as of now im lowerd on Eibach prokit with camber bolts, front and rear adjustable sway bars and lower control arms with relocation brackets. I was just wondering if I will notice a improvement on handling with koni yellows or save my money and go coilovers. I daily drive my stang and track it around 6 -8 times a year.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
I upgraded to the Koni Yellows a few months ago because everyone recommended them above all others so I installed with the steesa sport lowering springs and FRPP jounce bumpers and man I am pleased. My 14 is a DD but the performance and handling is really impeccable. My younger brother has eibachs on his 08 and I hated the ride, it was real rigid and uncomfortable so I looked elsewhere and I'm so glad I did. I have yet to actually adjust them though...should probably do that to at least exercise the choice to adjust them to justify the extra few $100. I do sort of wish I had coilovers now so I could adjust the height at will but I'm happy with my moderately lowered stance and the soft yet firm handling from the Koni yellows. I found them the cheapest at TMMOTORSPORTS and they were a whopping like $70 total less than everywhere else for the full set so yeah.

Auto part Vehicle Machine

#6 ·
I did Koni yellows with:
BMR springs
BMR lower control arm relocation brackets
BMR panhard bar
GT500 strut mounts

All at once. I can tell you I am very happy with the results. I have left the Konis on full soft and have noticed I can take long curved highway ramps at higher speeds than with the stock setup. There are a few spots on my way to work where on these long curved highway ramps I would feel the rear of the car hopping to the side when hitting some uneven spots or expansion joints in the road. Enough so that I would have to correct my steering to stay in my lane. With the Konis and the new springs I feel the bumps, but do not have to do ANY steering correction now, even at higher speeds than before. Not sure how much of that is a result of the shocks themselves or in combination with the springs.... I went with the yellow because I couldn't find Oranges anywhere in stock this summer when I had the $$$.

#7 ·
I am very happy with my Yellows, I was within 0.9 seconds per lap on a very skilled driver in a brand new 911 GT3 on an 82 second course this weekend (not bad for being up on weight, down on power, and costing about $150,000 less). The main issue that I am now having is that I corner hard enough to lift the inside front tire about 2 inches off the ground on almost all corners, but that is more of a soft spring, stiff bar, combined with unibody twist issue (it does this on my street/road course tires, 285mm Bridgestone RE-11s on all four, it is worse on the Hoosiers). I can also attest to the Yellows being very durable, I let a friend drive my first 2014, he rolled it, and three of the four survived.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.