Repetitive topics - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Repetitive topics

So I just joined this forum not too long ago and I have noticed one thing. No one bothers to use the wonderful search function and asks the same question when there is an open topic no more than a couple posts down about the exact same thing. Browse open topics or even search the forum for answers before posting a new thread and no one will be angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ncfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I agree but at the same time for how old most of these cars are everything's been covered so if everyone searched then the tech areas would be pretty dead.

I've always said for people who are bothered by this simple don't post in repetitive topics or recommend searching in a nice way. Fact is if people stopped answering these recurring topics then they would go away. In a lot of cases it's just lazy as searching google and this forum can answer any questions about any mustang (excluding the 15s).

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Valid point there

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfive0 View Post
So I just joined this forum not too long ago and I have noticed one thing. No one bothers to use the wonderful search function and asks the same question when there is an open topic no more than a couple posts down about the exact same thing. Browse open topics or even search the forum for answers before posting a new thread and no one will be angry.

Welcome to mevo
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
This is getting to be a repetitive topic too. Agreed, no one is forcing anyone to read or respond to any thread here. Some of the treatment of people here lately using this justification is pretty atrocious.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I was more or less making a suggestion that could also save people time instead of waiting for a response

Old 11-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
This is getting to be a repetitive topic too. Agreed, no one is forcing anyone to read or respond to any thread here. Some of the treatment of people here lately using this justification is pretty atrocious.
Completely agree, I'm fairly new to the forum and have been reading up on a lot. But the level of pithiness and condescending replies from some people is a bit immature. I rarely read a post on here where someone isn't being chastised for something. I am on some motorcycle boards and that doesn't happen as frequently. I was a bit surprised when I came here. Almost afraid to ask any questions here.

Sent from my XT1056 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brewcityf6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
There's always some good tech going on, just not here. You have to join some of the more advanced forums like SVT Performance or S197 Forums. Those sights are just a little more advanced and better run.

Places like allfordmustangs, Mustang Source, and here cater to the lesser crowd that just want to throw an exhaust and CAI on and call it a day.

Just the nature of the beast.......
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Here's my advice...stop worrying about all the people that you don't know and most likely never will know. This thread is pointless. It used to be all the old people complaining. Now it's the semi new people that posted 5 million exhaust threads two months ago that are complaining. Funny how that works. You guys should be welcoming additional traffic, not driving it away.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I regret posting this thread now. I was making an observation and should've kept my opinion to myself. I'm new here too so I don't really have the right to complain.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
In "repetitive topic makers" defense the app's search feature leaves a lot left to be desired.

I don't mind people making repetitive posts but I always use the search feature first because I can get information much faster.

Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
My point exactly.

Sent from my XT1056 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brewcityf6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbird View Post
In "repetitive topic makers" defense the app's search feature leaves a lot left to be desired.

I don't mind people making repetitive posts but I always use the search feature first because I can get information much faster.

+1
I've used the search on here. Sure takes a while to find what I'm looking for.

I've also noticed that some people, not all, get bugged if one revives an old dead thread. The fact is, you can't have everyone happy. If one doesn't want to post on a repeated thread, don't bother posting in it and if posting be polite about it and just show them the way to a thread that answers the OPs question.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
^^^^ All the above are valid points, but more than repetitive threads as a bad habit on this forum , is the tendency to sabotage a topic and get out off the topic on hand . FWIW
Old 11-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I agree with all of this. I made exhaust threads when I was new to this forum as well. But then I became one of the people that gets mad for others doing the same. I shouldn't have done that. But at the same time I do agree that the search feature in the iPhone app is kind of junk. Because it bring up EVERY topic that has a word u searched for and is really annoying and it's usually faster to just make a new thread. But sorry for hating on new repetitive threads guys.

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

That's one flaw in the forum search feature is how it searches signatures opposed to actual topic content. When I was searching for information on magnaflow exhaust every thread that Someone posted in with magnaflow exhaust listed as a mod in their signatures was a hit.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that's what is garbage. You can never find anything when u want to.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
Yeah that's what is garbage. You can never find anything when u want to.

Especially when it's like airaid or roush that everyone and there mom has the parts. I search with Google a lot of it comes up with a lot of ME discussion topics that seem to be more relevant. I guess I just don't trust he advice of people who just happen to see a single thread. Instead before spending Money l like to do a bunch or research and be 100% sure. As occasionally people can give bad advice either on purpose or just not being as educated as they believe they are!

Old 11-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I know man or not give the full description when suggesting parts. Like I bought eibach lowers and a hotchkis upper with bmr brackets and THEN was informed that I shouldn't mix and match brands. So had to sale them. Of course the next guy could just get a hotchkis uca mount instead of bmr like I did.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

You can always filter the searches to match the title etc. That's what I do to find whatever info I want and its usually a hit. I don't know why the search feature is set this way, instead it seems like already said; it pops up every thread.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Btw any of you guys seen the repetitive/double threads by Brent lately? Or is it just me? 😮

Old 11-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Just heads up search function blows on the app

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
waspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Repetitive topics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydos View Post
^^^^ All the above are valid points, but more than repetitive threads as a bad habit on this forum , is the tendency to sabotage a topic and get out off the topic on hand . FWIW

I agree, a lot of threadjacking and not answering the OP's question. "be careful who's advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it".
Jd431x1f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I think stuff like what exhaust sounds the best, what rims should i get, and things that are opinion based are annoying because everybody has a different opinion
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Welcome to the wonderful world of interwebz forums. Nobody ever searches, everyone thinks their crisis is someone else's emergency and you'll see a higher proportion of idiots online than you do IRL.

That's why Rap started that spoof thread about what exhaust is best. And then there were like 3 or 4 posters who didn't realize it was a spoof lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I must admit that was rather funny

Old 11-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #27
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah it was. Honestly, I tend to ignore the repetitive topics threads. I mean we all did have to start somewhere but still. Any possible question one can think to ask on a 14-down car has already been answered on multiple forums. If this forum does not have it, just google.

Hell, I am having issues with my 03 Expy and instead of making a thread about it on Ford-Trucks and waiting, I had my answer in about 20 minutes of reading various troubleshooting threads on various truck forums. I had 0 idea that the parking brakes on those trucks were actually a drum setup separate from the rotor/caliper main brake and that when they come apart it sounds like something is trying to escape from inside the wheel lol. Needless to say the truck is grounded till I get the wheels off this weekend and diagnose IRL but I'm 90% there without having to wait for a response that might not come right away.

Then again, if nobody asked a million repetitive questions, I would not have as many google results to peruse through for more detailed answers lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Repetitive topics

They are two different people in this world, those that actually work on their mustang and those that like to talk about working on their mustang. Due to the nature of a forum, you will find most of the people that like to talk about working on their mustang here.

I don't always reply but when I do, it's helpful
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
They are two different people in this world, those that actually work on their mustang and those that like to talk about working on their mustang. Due to the nature of a forum, you will find most of the people that like to talk about working on their mustang here.

I don't always reply but when I do, it's helpful
I would bet a good chunk of money that 75% of the posters on any given car forum are information recyclers/internet racers.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
Btw any of you guys seen the repetitive/double threads by Brent lately? Or is it just me? 😮

Why would I do that?

One thing that surprises me is that nobody has posted any exhaust threads on this forum yet.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Why would I do that?

One thing that surprises me is that nobody has posted any exhaust threads on this forum yet.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Not you lol Brent the admin/mod..

Old 11-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

This is what I'm saying. Am I the only one seeing these double posts/threads?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416017253509.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	169711  
Old 11-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

who gives a flying FK if they are repetitive, it's a forum. People use it for help. Only so many questions can be asked without starting to be repetitive, I think that number passed about 2 years ago, get over it.

Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
This is what I'm saying. Am I the only one seeing these double posts/threads?

and I see them all hah. That fool has 11K posts and became a member/admin in 03. Let him do whatever he wants lol.

Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT