Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cobra jet Manifold

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  DallasStang77 
#1 ·
Before I start this thread let me begin by saying this is not for me this is for a buddy of mine The question I had is What other things will you need If Getting the Cobra jet intake manifold now I know you will need the TB and Cai what other things are required that's all I'm asking I don't need anyone to but in and ask well why waste all that money when you can get the boss and other things

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#3 ·
Sounds good also so everyone knows the car just has 3 in exhaust right now headers will be installed the car will be dynoed after the manifold TB And Cai are installed along with 373 gears car is manual

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
I don't remember all the stuff off the top of my head but the intake manifold, intake tubing, and throttle body about wrap it all up. You may also need a modified coolant elbow for the front side of the drivers side cylinder head. The CJ TB does not really fit with the stock coolant elbow and a modified one can be bought at a dealer parts shop. There may be one or two other small things but the list of necessary parts isn't very long.

#7 ·
I had both the boss and cj set up.. Sold them both though.. Although I have been contemplating going to the CJ set up again.. Basically this is what you will need- Mani, Scj Tb, 4.5 inch cai.. here are some recipes for HP NA build I found that may help you out.

ecipes for HORSEPOWER NA builds

Recipe for 550 rwhp:
Custom cams
CJ intake
SCJ TB
4.5 inch CAI
1 3/4 or 1 3/4-1 7/8 step + full exhaust
E85 Fuel

Recipe for 575 rwhp:
Custom cams
CJ intake
SCJ TB
4.5 inch CAI
FTW Fuel

Recipe for 600 rwhp:
Valve job (back cut), light port on heads (stage 1-2)
Custom cams
CJ intake
SCJ TB
4.5 inch CAI
FTW Fuel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.