Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suspension

917 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  john@steeda 
#1 ·
I have a 14 gt manual. Wanting to start upgrading my suspension. So far I have longtubes and o/r x pipe. added quite a bit of power. But i can tell my suspension needs some work. Car has 4,500 miles. So, what should i buy first? Specific order? Specific brand I should go with?

My car is a dd, I drive about 40 miles a day or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
First off, can't go wrong with BMR or especially metco suspension parts. Metco is actually better/higher quality stuff but you also have the price tag that comes with it.

For starters, lcas, lowering springs, Koni/tokico shocks and struts, and wider tires.

Expect to spend about $1000 on all suspension parts listed and a GOOD set of tires will set you back ~$900-1200

#3 ·
Are you lowered at all? I would say if not start with that and grab yourself a panhard bar.. Many people grab Struts/shocks combo with the springs, then the panhard, lower control arms with relocation brackets.. Although you will need to weld in those brackets.. We had a customer toss us a photo of his non welded BMR LCAs and the results were bad shoving his tire into his fender and the relocation brackets bent almost in half.. I have BMR lower control arms and know they hold up well once welded so make sure you weld them.. Although we sell all the items needed for suspension here at STEEDA.. so if i can be any assistance please feel free to contact me( ill help you out with a solid discount)

Thanks,

John

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

And grabberblue5.0 is correct as far as what to expect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.