Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Just purchased a 2011 gt

Tags
2011 gt
2K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  94gtconvert 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a 2011 gt with about 38,000 miles on it. I got it for around $18,000. It is CLEAN with a 9/10 exterior just some swirls Here and there, nothing some ultimate rubbing compound can't fix. It was a base gt, but has oem leather seats in it, with the premium door sills, boss 302 lower valance with fogs. For the real mods it has gt500 lower control arms, Roush uppers, frpp sway bar and links, gt500 exhaust with resonator deletes, sct x3 tuner with the ghost can tune in there (don't plan on using it but it's bama), airaid cai, jegs cat deletes not installed, and jlt oil catch can. It also has had a 3m clear bra on it since x,xxx miles. Under the clear bra seems to be a pint bubble. I know the 10+ mustangs are notorious for paint issues. But the warranty should handle that. I'm very happy with the car. It doesn't feel anything like my 94 in any way at all. It's a bigger car with 2x the horsepower.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Congrats! You will love it!! I just got a 2011 gt cs a week ago and it is amazing! I had a 99gt before but the frame rotted in the trunk I'm in New England.. I had a 2012 wrx for a little but I just didn't like it and it was uncomfortable so I traded it for the mustang. It had a real econo box feel.. The stang is like a caddy compared to wrx! Mine had 27000 miles and got for 20k at dealer so that must be a good winter price which I was looking for! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Grille

Ps I'm new here, moddedmustangs has no app so I downloaded this!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#11 ·
Lmaoooooooo, the steering wheel is hideous except the airbag portion. The plastic/ rubber actual wheel will probably never wear or get any uglier, but it's pretty Damn ugly. I'm definitely finding a wrecked 2013 or 14 and buying the steering wheel, and shaker stereo. My only gripe about the car are the sorry ass speakers the base gt gets, and the queer looking antenna Ford put by the trunk. Come on, why couldn't they put a nice shark fin antenna on the back of the roof.

#10 ·
Thanks guys. Yea I just took her out again and was playing with the computer thing that tells you mpg and what not. Anyway I love it so much. It rides beautifully, gets 1000x better fuel economy than my old 94 5.0 and has more power than I could ever use on the street. Really happy with it.

#16 ·
Nice, doing what I'm planning on doing, just way faster lol. Looked at modding the SN95 and tallied up what it would cost and still have a 15-20 yr old car. Cheaper to buy a Coyote and you guys got SCREAMING good deals!

Now post build mod threads!

#18 ·
yea man, i remember you telling me to stay away form the 99 cobra and either get a termi or a coyote. I love terminators but... there and old platform, the s197 11+ are much, much tighter cars in every way. The suspension is silent, the front end doesn't sound like its about to fall out when you hit a pot hole. And the coyote pound for pound makes better power than the termi's. The 11+ interiors are also very well put together, it has no squeaks or rattles going down the road. I got a screaming deal, but its only because i bought it off a family member. He had to get rid of it before winter, and everyone on craigslist was beating around the bush with appointments to see it and what not. So im selling my 94 and just took a loan out on it.

#17 · (Edited)
Looks nice.

I'd do something with those taillights:

Option 1: 2013 Style Mustang Tail Light Vinyl Conversion Kit - Matte Black (10-12 All) - Free Shipping Basically makes them look like a 2013+ very cheaply

Looks even better with this too: http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-taillight-trim-1012.html

Option 2: Get the Raxiom Tail Light Conversion Trim, and a set of 2013 Tailights (expensive) to give you the true LED taillights.

Then change the steering wheel. I have a steering wheel that you might be interested in. I'll post a picture of it later.

Changing those 2 minor cosmetic things will make your stang look a few years newer / fresher.

#19 ·
Looks nice.

I'd do something with those taillights:

Option 1: 2013 Style Mustang Tail Light Vinyl Conversion Kit - Matte Black (10-12 All) - Free Shipping Basically makes them look like a 2013+ very cheaply

Option 2: Get the Raxiom Tail Light Conversion Trim, and a set of 2013 Tailights (expensive) to give you the true LED taillights.

Then change the steering wheel. I have a steering wheel that you might be interested in. I'll post a picture of it later.

Changing those 2 minor cosmetic things will make your stang look a few years newer / fresher.
yes i agree, but... i need to scrape up funds before i can start to fiddle with ascetics. I need to also get the bubble on the hood warrantyed soon.. Hopefully ford got their s^$t together with the paint issue.

#21 ·
meh... not my cup of tea. i like the stockers. most id so is buy the american muscle shiny tint for them. Honest i like the 2014 tails better, but there to expensive, and im not about to try and make my 11 lights look like 14 lights with tint. its not bad looking, just not my taste.

#23 ·
With the 11/12 tails... I know I'm a minority but I like the 11/12 tails a lot. I mean the 13/14 tails might go down as the best in Mustang history but the 11/12 tails are still very nice and sequential and everything. IMO either leave them, tint them or swap to OEM 13/14 tails with the Raxiom inserts. The vinyl is kind of cheap IMO.

#24 ·
Problem with that "option 2" (real 13/14 tailights + Raxion insert), is its very expensive, even with parts source from junkyards.

They generally want a few hundred per taillight. So its more like a $500-1,000+ swap vs. the admittedly cheaper looking $115 option.

#27 ·
In my opinion all I need is either 2013 or 2014 hid headlights, or raxiom halos, gt500 spoiler, rtr or sve drift wheels black, and a alcantera steering wheel. I'm happy with the 2011 taillights. In my opinion they look fine, and there the brightest taillights on the face of earth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.