Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New to Mustangs. GT Manual here, need help.

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  DallasStang77 
#1 ·
Quick Intro:
Originally had a 2011 Chevy Camaro LS auto. Pleasantly modded and ran consistent 13.4-13.5 quarter mile times. Car was totaled in a horrible hydroplane incident and with the money the insurance gave me I purchased a 2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Manual with 30k miles. I couldnt get a camaro to match fords price so that why I transferred to Ford.

Now, the car only has a flowmaster exhaust (While drones like crap but sounds somewhat decent at idle). I ready to mod up. Its my daily driver but I will drag maybe 10 times a year or so. So I want to build a really nice daily driver. I will stay NA. I know the typical mods like cams, longtube headers, tune, maybe a nice CAI, and TB or IManifold but my question is what are the mods that give the best gains. What are the things to start on first? How about common DIY that I need to do since its used?

Thank y'all!

#2 ·
#3 ·
AED is a great place to get a tune. They are local to me so I know people who have gotten dyno tunes by them and have also seen some of their cars run at our local drag strip quite a few times. They definitely know what they are doing.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

#7 ·
Just an FYI, but since you have a 2013+ Manual you can also put in a FordTrack Key tune. {lookup TrackCal tune} I have one and until I get much better tires it just roasts them even at the track. Added about 60 foot pounds way down low and woke the entire car up.

I have Borla ATAK axle backs and the Ford Track Key tune has the Cam Lope Idle that sounds old school. Your muffs should sound good on this tune as well.

Art

#10 ·
I was thinking this as my mod setup.

JLT oil separator first
Staggered 19s with 275+ in the back
Longtube headers with mid catted xpipe
Tune(im thinking dyno over handheld)
Throttle Body 90mm i presume

Anything else that should be looked at being a base 13 manual? I do not race too often so I dont see clutch upgrades being worth it now (I am 22 and getting ready to go into graduate school). I wont drop the car because I already almost scrap going up my driveway and houston is ridiculous for its bad roads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.