To my Mustang Friends:
Recently purchased over a year the stock 5.0 (420hp) -- 2013 brand new.
Got out of the motorcycle game, and decided to put 20,000 dollars into my mustang.
I did get this done at the performance part a the dealership where I got it from.
List of all mods:
- Stage 3 Roush KIT (should be 650+ HP)-- as advertised
- Hop Kit, with wide tires (for Traction - I can WOT in first gear and not experience too much loss of traction)
- Full Roush Exhaust
- Gauges - shift light, boost, and last gauge can track HP, 0-60 and much more)
To be honest I am a good driver given the experience I feel like racing bikes on tracks as given me...however from the CAR experts I would like some advice on a few things below:
FYI - have had the supercharger for about 5 months
1) All stock 5.0 2013 come with Traction Control. I have put on a hop kit FOR traction control. Is the original traction control system prior to the mods Tuned to the power and RPM generated for 420 hp? or would it still work for the car which is now pushing 650. Main question: Should I be driving without the traction control, or would that additional traction control actually help?
Could there be any way the traction control might be fighting against change in RPM and Power?
(with a driving FEW tests I have concluded keeping traction control actually helps, even with the launch).
Most RECENT concern:
2) Upgrade was done with the best oil and most expensive racing spark plugs (3 weeks back). I do not think this applies to the issue I am will describe. I had tested it after the spark plug change, and it drove with much better throttle response.
Issue: Lately it all of a sudden got very cold in TEXAS
( anyone living north please don't laugh
but it has been in 30s 40s.
Given it is my daily driver, there was a week I did not even take the car above 4k rpm. The other day (first time in the cold) where I exceeded 4k rpm in 3rd gear the car RPM was not smooth, and very slowly sent from 4 to 5k rpm. It felt like something was pulling the car down slightly..very hard to explain. 3 words best to describe: slightly jerky, slowed down in rpm acceleration (instead of opposite).
What could this possibly be?
The engine was warm by that point.
Last information which might be helpful: when I accelerated from 1st gear to 4th to redline in this condition, car ran perfect.
However, if from a roll, I have seen these issues as talked about above for WOT over 4k.
PLEASE help me out with suggestions?
Fuel Injection Issue?