SR Performance Springs - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
No I don't have brembos. And all four are like that

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
No I don't have brembos. And all four are like that

Oh ok I was confused as to why you were mentioning caliper clearance but I gotcha. Thats pretty close lol.

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Until u learn the hard way or listen to people that have you'll never learn how to take advice. That's all I have to say.

Done it. Eibach Sportline 2" drop for two and half years, and adjustable phb plus LCA only. Drove it for more than a year without a problem. Just recently changed out the axle gears. Old gears look good and no leaks.

So again if both steeda and American muscle and other shops that have done hundreds or even thousands of lowered cars compared to your one or two cars, plus the many other members on here who have done the minimum springs and panhard, says it's possible then maybe it's you that needs to stop spewing info that's also not 100% correct.

Again every car is different but not that much different.

Also, I don't have camber plates nor bolts. My stock tires had perfect wear and the Nitto 555 on my new 20" wheels has 31,000 miles on it and still no uneven wear. Still on my car with probably another good 4,000 miles of life in the front.

And the alignment place only had to adjust the toe. My camber was -1.9 and -1.8 or something like that after the drop.

Recommended? Sure those parts are recommended but necessary or else your car will explode? Nah

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #39

Region: California
The adjustable Panhard bar is all you need. Also get an alignment after. So more like a $300-350 project if you get all installed in a shop. I have the SR springs.

HooniganGT5.0
HooniganGT5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

American muscle also states their bama tunes are among the best on the market. We all know that's untrue. When anything bare
Minimum is tested against something custom, tried and proven, it's usually beaten. Including suspension. Ask grabberblue his input on suspension. Ask someone on here that is beyond the normal enthusiast. That's all I am. But I have a lot of friends and I've made a few on here that are very knowledgable on these cars.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I don't understand why an adjustable panhard bar is so popular paired with springs. Out of CC plates, adjustable UCA, etc. the list goes on, I found after lowering, fixing my panhard setting did the absolute least and could of gone without it tbh.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
American muscle also states their bama tunes are among the best on the market. We all know that's untrue. When anything bare
Minimum is tested against something custom, tried and proven, it's usually beaten. Including suspension. Ask grabberblue his input on suspension. Ask someone on here that is beyond the normal enthusiast. That's all I am. But I have a lot of friends and I've made a few on here that are very knowledgable on these cars.

Your spouting second or even third hand information is just as or less trustworthy than a company who has it's reputation and/or lawsuits at stake. And are you calling Steeda a shady and unknowledgeable company as well?

Old 11-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

No I didn't say they were shady. But seriously it's a canned tune? How is it so much better than a custom tune. Being 100% I run a bama tune only because I'm going to a vortech setup and am waiting for a real tune like Lund. And most of the people that work at American muscle know nothing. I've called several times to ask questions and they have no idea about the stuff I ask. Like what all the tune kit came with and how much horsepower it should make etc etc. but if u call a reputable shop. They know all the answers without having to put u on hold to look for the answer on Google.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I don't understand why an adjustable panhard bar is so popular paired with springs. Out of CC plates, adjustable UCA, etc. the list goes on, I found after lowering, fixing my panhard setting did the absolute least and could of gone without it tbh.

I only got the ph bar because my car shifted about a half inch man. It helped nothing performance wise lol.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Because if you lower a car with a PHB the rear will be shifted to the left. Always. Adjustable PHB is required to center it properly.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I understand how it works, but with a 1.5in drop it was barely out of spec. I mean maybe 0.25in. It did tighten the rear up a little over stock but that's obvious when you put stronger parts back there.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I understand how it works, but with a 1.5in drop it was barely out of spec. I mean maybe 0.25in. It did tighten the rear up a little over stock but that's obvious when you put stronger parts back there.

You must of missed the many recommendations that for a 1.5" or less drop you could get away with doing without an adjustable PHB. Although your only a quarter inch off for some people who run a wider wheel and tire configuration sometimes even an 1/8" difference makes an impact on rubbing or not so perhaps for you a quarter inch is no sweat but for others it's makes a difference.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
You must of missed the many recommendations that for a 1.5" or less drop you could get away with doing without an adjustable PHB. Although your only a quarter inch off for some people who run a wider wheel and tire configuration sometimes even an 1/8" difference makes an impact on rubbing or not so perhaps for you a quarter inch is no sweat but for others it's makes a difference.

I understand that as well. I put a lot of research into my setup and of course I'm still here learning more. I did not think of running into issues with a wider tire and no adj. PHB, so that makes sense to me.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I had to because I have wider wheels myself. And a lot bigger tires but I'm not sure about the stock guys

Old 11-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I had to because I have wider wheels myself. And a lot bigger tires but I'm not sure about the stock guys

Old 11-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff

Even if you are 1/8 or 1/4" off, now your control arms are cocked to one side. You need an adjustable PHB, no way around it. Anyone who tells you different should be ridiculed appropriately.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
My rear end didn't go anywhere once lowered. Didn't need the PHR, bought it anyway cause I had the money.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #53
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Like what Scotty is saying. When you lower the car with the stock Panhard bar it WILL set your axle to the side, you may not notice it, but it is happening. That causes your control arm to be cocked to the side, which is horrible for the suspension

Why by a new car, spend money on modifications if you are going to half *** it?

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
SR Performance Springs

So why do so many people go crazy with their setup and insist that you must actually spend over 1000$ even if it's just a 1.5' drop? I don't get it and I'm sitting here with a panhard bar and lowering springs in my garage wondering what i should do next lol

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Read the post above and you'll see

Old 11-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I had a ham sandwich in my hand the other day. Decided to replace the ham with turkey, but then realized the cheese didn't go with the turkey. Just as I was replacing the cheese with havarti, I noticed the mayonnaise didn't match the turkey so I scraped it off and spread on some miracle whip. Once I was done it dawned on me there was still mayonnaise in the pores of the bread, and I kinda wanted ciabatta anyway. I threw away the sandwich and started over.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Mine wasn't over 1000$ either. I just got all the supporting mods.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #58
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Like what Scotty is saying. When you lower the car with the stock Panhard bar it WILL set your axle to the side, you may not notice it, but it is happening. That causes your control arm to be cocked to the side, which is horrible for the suspension

Why by a new car, spend money on modifications if you are going to half *** it?

I've found in my years of messing with these cars and watching others to the same... people always have the money/time to do it right the SECOND time.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

SR Performance Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
My rear end didn't go anywhere once lowered. Didn't need the PHR, bought it anyway cause I had the money.

If ur rear end didn't go any where once it got lowered then maybe you lowered the wrong "rear end" lol

As for the PHB... Lol I dunno...

Old 11-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

It's like at work. Our boss says why not do it right the first time, the inspectors will write a violation and you'll have to fix it anyway. So why pay them and fix it when u can do it for less the first rine

Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #61
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
It's like at work. Our boss says why not do it right the first time, the inspectors will write a violation and you'll have to fix it anyway. So why pay them and fix it when u can do it for less the first rine

Lol, it always amazes me that some ppl will do MORE work to not do it right the first time. An OSHA inspector was telling me how he once found a shop where a guy had welded dummy bolts to all the fixtures that were supposed to be secured to the floor vs just bolting them all down. Lesson I learned was that if I'm ever doing an inspection, grab and try to move everything that looks like its secured lol. Ppl are just morons...

Old 11-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Hahaha yeah it's crazy. I'd rather do it right the first time. Saves time and money

Old 11-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #63
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I've found in my years of messing with these cars and watching others to the same... people always have the money/time to do it right the SECOND time.

Hell even my suspension right now will be fully replaced at one point. New goal is what Brett Madsen has done to his car
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416885950.081766.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	170260

HID end all thread
Old 11-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #64
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol you are going to have $40k into that Bullitt by the time you are done. Hell, if you plan on keeping it forever go for it. You only live once and you can't take it with you.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #65
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Your spouting second or even third hand information is just as or less trustworthy than a company who has it's reputation and/or lawsuits at stake. And are you calling Steeda a shady and unknowledgeable company as well?

Lowering the car on stock struts will lead to issues. Companies are saying you'll be fine because you will for a while, but eventually something will give. Some people make it to 60k some don't. It's impossible for any company to tell you what will happen to your car after you lower it improperly. For me...my stock struts failed at 10k. Most idiots ( like you) have no clue what a worn strut feels like, so how the hell are you even arguing this? I bet you car rides and handles like complete garbage.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #66
Staff
Regular
Staff

Cliff's notes from this thread:

- If you lower your car, you NEED new shocks/struts/adjustable PHB/CC bolts (preferrably plates).

- Anyone telling you that you don't is trying to sell you something or doesn't know what they are talking about.

- Running springs without new shocks/struts is going to wear them out MUCH sooner and your ride is going to be crap compared to a proper setup with Bilsteins/Konis.

- Running without an adjustable PHB is going to cock your rear to one side and even if it looks minor/ok, you now have completely thrown off your control arm angles and are going to tear the **** out of your bushings.

- Running lowered without CC bolts or plates is going to make it very hard or impossible to properly align your front end and you'll booger up the front tires.

* Suspension is not an area you cheap out on. If something is not working properly or (worse) breaks, you could easily get killed or kill someone else. Do it once, do it right, if you can't afford to do it right then reconsider modding a 400+rwhp vehicle.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #67
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Lol you are going to have $40k into that Bullitt by the time you are done. Hell, if you plan on keeping it forever go for it. You only live once and you can't take it with you.

Exactly. Don't plan on selling it

HID end all thread
Old 11-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cl
- Anyone telling you that you don't is trying to sell you something or doesn't know what they are talking about.
How is someone trying to sell you something if they're telling you its not needed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

SR Performance Springs

Basically what we should take from this is you will have to upgrade your shocks and struts EVENTUALLY and no doubt that it is better for your car and wallet to do it right away but some people don't have the time or money for that and are doing it slowly. So of course, we can spend 1000$ on lowering the car 1.5' all around or do it a couple 100$ at a time it doesn't really make a difference because you're not likely to blow stock strut or shock immediately after springs install. And that's been reiterated clearly buy all the people that are actually convinced that all they really need is a PHB and springs

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

SR Performance Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Lowering the car on stock struts will lead to issues. Companies are saying you'll be fine because you will for a while, but eventually something will give. Some people make it to 60k some don't. It's impossible for any company to tell you what will happen to your car after you lower it improperly. For me...my stock struts failed at 10k. Most idiots ( like you) have no clue what a worn strut feels like, so how the hell are you even arguing this? I bet you car rides and handles like complete garbage.

Lol I never said I kept the stock struts and shocks. I swapped them out about a year later.

Right now my suspension set up is
LCA
Adjustable UCA
Adjustable shocks/struts
Adjustable PHB

Camber up front is still stock cuz at -1.9 and -1.8 it's at an acceptable degree that's good for corner and did not wear out my front tires. In fact, they are the same Nitto 555 I got at 11k miles and with 43,800 miles now they still are evenly worn.

Mike3tt I understand what you're saying. My ex worked with retarded kids with Down's syndrome who gets agitated and worked up. Sometimes it's really difficult to handle them or even understand what they're trying to say. Just rest assured your ramblings are completely accepted and appreciated by me.

Just remember keep up with the medication. It will help you out immensely.

Take care kiddo.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT