MT82 issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
MT82 issues

so add me to the MT82 **** box issues, since I bought the car brand new in 2011, it's had the common 2nd gear syncro nibble, it's gotten progressively worse over the 3yr span, it's to the point where often times when shifting into 2nd gear, it will pop out because it didn't fully engage. this screams that the syncros are beat up. this car has never ever been beat on, never once been to the track, hell it only has less than 20k miles. I do have a Barton shifter, ss clutch line, a tune, and long tube headers, will they hold these mods against me? I take it in December 3rd to be looked at

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
There's a pretty good choice you will be given a hard time.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
504gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 100
Depends on the dealer really, at my dealership we warrantied a power steering rack from a gt500 that was damaged from doing wheelies.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
thanks fellas, Im hoping it wont be an issue, Ive had other warranty work done at this dealership, but nothing mods would impact (hood corrosion and power drivers seat failure) but they seem like a cool dealership. Ill post up my experience
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
thanks fellas, Im hoping it wont be an issue, Ive had other warranty work done at this dealership, but nothing mods would impact (hood corrosion and power drivers seat failure) but they seem like a cool dealership. Ill post up my experience

Take the transmission related mods off. Barton and the clutch line.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Take the transmission related mods off. Barton and the clutch line.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
nah I'll take my chances, the Barton isn't an issue removing, but hell with removing that clutch line

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
nah I'll take my chances, the Barton isn't an issue removing, but hell with removing that clutch line

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
Doubt they will Even notice the clutch line. Do you have the actual silver braided one or the black "stealth" one from JPC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Just put your stock shifter back and you should be good. My MT 82 is becoming clunky day by day, to a point where it wouldn't get into 3rd gear (more often than not) if i'm pushing it. I went to go see my dealer- my mechanic was like dude just put it back to stock and I will take care of the rest

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Just put your stock shifter back and you should be good. My MT 82 is becoming clunky day by day, to a point where it wouldn't get into 3rd gear (more often than not) if i'm pushing it. I went to go see my dealer- my mechanic was like dude just put it back to stock and I will take care of the rest

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

Nah bro OP is a gambling man. It's exciting to him to see if the dealer will flag his shifter or not. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Doubt they will Even notice the clutch line. Do you have the actual silver braided one or the black "stealth" one from JPC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
it's a silver one unfortunately. I believe I will put the stock shifter back on however

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Konawin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 118
I would hope the dealership would not flag the Trans due to a shifter that could not hurt the Trans. Like DallasStang77, I want to see what they do...
Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konawin View Post
I would hope the dealership would not flag the Trans due to a shifter that could not hurt the Trans. Like DallasStang77, I want to see what they do...
the first dealership I took it to denied me without even seeing if Ford would approve the warranty work, lol they went as far as saying the car had "slicks" which are actually Mickey Thompson street comps. I believe the tech saw it had long tubes and assumed it would cause them more work, which they will not. I asked the service advisor if the car was flagged and he said no, they just don't want to touch the car because it's modified. anyways, I have it scheduled to go to another dealership January 5th, the service advisor I talked to there was cool, I told him "look before I waste your time by scheduling an appointment, the car is modified with a tune and long tube headers" he said they do not deny anyone unless they think what you did caused the issue(s).......

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
the first dealership I took it to denied me without even seeing if Ford would approve the warranty work, lol they went as far as saying the car had "slicks" which are actually Mickey Thompson street comps. I believe the tech saw it had long tubes and assumed it would cause them more work, which they will not. I asked the service advisor if the car was flagged and he said no, they just don't want to touch the car because it's modified. anyways, I have it scheduled to go to another dealership January 5th, the service advisor I talked to there was cool, I told him "look before I waste your time by scheduling an appointment, the car is modified with a tune and long tube headers" he said they do not deny anyone unless they think what I did caused the issue(s).......

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
I moved to a new place after I got my car, so it was natural of me to go to a dealership that was about 5 mins away. Well, my car was tuned and had a short shifter on. They freaking flagged it -each time they put my Vin in their system, a foot note popped up saying "car has a short throw shifter and an aftermarket tune. No warranty on driveline and transmission issues " what a bunch of whackers!

Needless to say I go back to my original dealership, albeit it's half n hour away. The Tech was like dude just bring your car with stock shifter and I will take care of your MT82 issues.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I moved to a new place after I got my car, so it was natural of me to go to a dealership that was about 5 mins away. Well, my car was tuned and had a short shifter on. They freaking flagged it -each time they put my Vin in their system, a foot note popped up saying "car has a short throw shifter and an aftermarket tune. No warranty on driveline and transmission issues " what a bunch of whackers!

Needless to say I go back to my original dealership, albeit it's half n hour away. The Tech was like dude just bring your car with stock shifter and I will take care of your MT82 issues.
that sucks, I'm hoping they take care of me, I mean yeah the car is modified, but it's exhibiting all the same issues as stock mt82 cars.......we'll see

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
If they want to they could easily blame your problem on the shifter. I would consider removing it to be safe before you take it in. A short throw shifter (if improperly shifted) would cause exactly the same issues. I'm not saying it was but they could pin it on that if warranty budget is low.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
If they want to they could easily blame your problem on the shifter. I would consider removing it to be safe before you take it in. A short throw shifter (if improperly shifted) would cause exactly the same issues. I'm not saying it was but they could pin it on that if warranty budget is low.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
if you're referring to me, I already removed (and sold) the Barton shifter, it actually shifts worse with the stock shifter lol

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk[COLOR="Silver"]




sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
if you're referring to me, I already removed (and sold) the Barton shifter, it actually shifts worse with the stock shifter lol

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk[COLOR="Silver"]




sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk

Maybe was not the issue or damage is done but they could deny warranty if they wished. Hopefully you get it fixed! Good Luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does everyone like there mt82 transmission GE3G 2011-2014 Mustang GT 66 03-29-2016 10:13 AM
Possible Silver Bullet for MT82 Shifting Issues? Fritzep 2011-2014 Mustang GT 21 10-19-2013 08:24 AM
MT82 manual transmission issues resolved on 2014? newyorkien 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 3 03-01-2013 02:44 PM
MT82 Transmission Issue...Please Read and Please HELP DannyDoright 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 5 03-02-2012 09:46 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:02 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.