Is this a good deal - potential 14 GT owner - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
One other thing to consider doing. It becomes very worthwhile on higher priced cars, especially when they're trying to not give you a lot on the trade.

I did this with my last car deal.

Its called a Courtesy Trade. Basically, you find a private buyer for your car, then go there with your buyer and trade-in your car to the dealership for usually a couple hundred ($200+) less than your deal is worked out for with the other buyer. Then they sell your car to the person for the price you set with them. You get a higher selling price of the selling private, but you still get the tax savings of a trade-in.

The dealership makes $200+ on your buyer with basically no work, and a guaranteed buyer lined up.

Where you make your money is 1.) You generally get a lot more by selling a car than dealers are willing to give you as a trade in value. 2.) You save the sales taxes on the trade in value.

For example, in July my local Ford dealership wanted to only give me like $28k for my 2006 Porsche Cayman S with TPC stage 2 Turbo kit with only 34k miles. KBB was $33k for perfect all options which mine was. Anyway, I found a buyer in 2 only days (online) for $32,800 (could have gotten more if I waited). Buyers bank was willing to wire money to dealership since they were dealing with a dealership (not a private party).

So I got $4,800 more than dealer was offerring me. PLUS I saved $2,870 in taxes, b/c I still traded it in. (Instead of just selling to a private buyer myself, where I'd have still gained $4,800, but not the $2,870.

I sold the car for about $3k less than I would have if I was doing private party only b/c I knew I'd also get the tax savings.
Hey, that's an awesome idea!! Thanks a bunch for sharing it, I will definitely look into putting it up for a private sale and then take it to a dealership! I like your idea of 2 way savings!

I am also going to see private lenders and see if I can get a lower interest rate. This one person I spoke to was like I can 3.5% on a lease, but I don't know the terms yet. I have to go see him first and see if it's legit. He owns a used car dealership, and does private lending to people who wanna buy cars from other places

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

I shopped around and found my 2013 GT, with RTR package, leather,coil overs, tremec t-56, and a Paxton SC, for 30k. Only had 11k miles. I was looking for 3 months, but if you are patient and willing to travel a little to pick up the car you can find a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
martinzusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinzusmc View Post
I shopped around and found my 2013 GT, with RTR package, leather,coil overs, tremec t-56, and a Paxton SC, for 30k. Only had 11k miles. I was looking for 3 months, but if you are patient and willing to travel a little to pick up the car you can find a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
I'm certainly in no hurry to buy a car, this deal is definitely not happening. I'm not feeling it anymore, like I was so damn excited to get a GT and now it's just not there.

I have seen a Roush charged GT with about 11K miles for $27K on another forum. My only concern is that I'm in Canada, and resale value of US cars is not that great. After currency conversion and taxes at the border, I'm guessing it be close to CAD $35-36K with shipping.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah ..that is a tough call.. The best thing to do is understand the demand in your area.. Then pick your price point. If you are patient and dedicated some time here and there you will find a good deal. I found mine on ebay.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
martinzusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT