Bama tune 2014 GT feedback and footprint - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Bama tune 2014 GT feedback and footprint

As I know this question and topic has been brought up before, I just wanted to get some more feed back on the topic before I pull the trigger on a Bama tune on my 14 GT... I've been doing a lot of research on tuning cars and warranties and such and it seems a lot of people say that even if you do revert your cars tune back to stock Ford can tell that it has been tuned and if you do encounter a problem they will void your warranty, however I talked to one AM rep and he said that SCT specifically claims that using an X4 tuner will not leave a footprint in the ECU one reverted back to stock tune. I am looking for a couple different types of feedback, 1. being the validity of this statement and 2. being how do people like their Bama tunes? And I don't wont people just bashing Bama but instead giving legitimate evidence to why or why not they like it
Thanks
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I just posted this thread in the v6 section. I can't speak for the GTs. But if you wanted to see my experience from a noob, here's the thread: Bama tune 2014 GT feedback and footprint

In terms of warranty etc. you may have stumbled upon the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which states that they must prove that the tune is the reason for whatever failure you're trying to get covered under warranty. Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In terms of the footprint on the ECU, I've heard many different opinions... The most popular being that it DOES leave a footprint.

As far as BAMA is considered, for my v6, I am currently thoroughly enjoying the experience. Reasons can be seen in linked thread.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

so I was on the fence about getting a tune but an AM employee sent me the link to SCT's page saying that you once returned to stock there is no footprint or trace of a tune in the car:
SCT Performance - SCT X4 Power Flash Ford Programmer**Part Number: 7015
If this isn't true and its out in the open for the public then they can get into a lot of trouble, with that being said this is reason enough for me to believe that it is true... so with THAT being said I think I am going to buy a X4 tuner with some Bama tunes... lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I think you'll be happy. Based on their link, then I guess there is no footprint. Save the page should you ever need it
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I think you'll be happy. Based on their link, then I guess there is no footprint. Save the page should you ever need it
Thats exactly what I was thinking... Because in all honesty they wouldn't make this public information unless it was true, like I said before if they lied about their product then they can be held liable and subject to some legal issues but thanks a lot for the feedback!
Old 12-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Bama tune 2014 GT feedback and footprint

Just a caution note: Not having any footprint or trace of the tune is not necessarily meaning that Ford can't still find evidence that the PCM was hacked. Not having trace or footprint could mean there is no way of identifying what tune and what was done to the PCM but not necessarily that they can't find evidence that something was done at all.

This is like someone breaking into your house. Even if they don't leave any fingerprints or footprints there could still be evidence of a break in. Just that you can't find any clues as to who was there or what they did.

If there is a separate log or counter or whatever it's called that has how many times and/or when the tune has been updated then you would be hard pressed to explain that to Ford.

There's a specific term for this counter thing or whatever. I'm not 100% sure what or if it even exists but many people swear that it exists.

I just want you to know everything and all issues. AM is a great company and I trust them to a very far extent but in legal jargon no trace or footprint could be interpreted slightly different than what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
There's a flash counter that leaves a trace that's unavoidable. If you put a tune on your car a dealer may not be able to find it but a Ford engineer will. Warranty voided as you will lose the battle. American Muscle is just trying to feed you a line here and is not to be trusted.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Or they might even troll this forum for part of the footprint :-/

So always end with, "maybe I will, maybe I won't".

I'm saving for one for around next spring

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
hobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveh14GT View Post
As I know this question and topic has been brought up before, I just wanted to get some more feed back on the topic before I pull the trigger on a Bama tune on my 14 GT... I've been doing a lot of research on tuning cars and warranties and such and it seems a lot of people say that even if you do revert your cars tune back to stock Ford can tell that it has been tuned and if you do encounter a problem they will void your warranty, however I talked to one AM rep and he said that SCT specifically claims that using an X4 tuner will not leave a footprint in the ECU one reverted back to stock tune. I am looking for a couple different types of feedback, 1. being the validity of this statement and 2. being how do people like their Bama tunes? And I don't wont people just bashing Bama but instead giving legitimate evidence to why or why not they like it
Thanks
Hey-That's a good question and I want to apologize about the misinformation that you received about this from our rep! It's definitely common knowledge on our end and we're very transparent about the tuner leaving a footprint. I'll make sure that our customer service team is aware of this as they were only going based off information that's provided to us from SCT.

Sorry about that again but I think you'd definitely enjoy a Bama X4/SF4 Tuner on your GT and I can absolutely attest to the night and day difference it is driving a tuned Coyote back to back with a stock one! Let me know if there's anything I can help out with or shoot me a PM. I'm always around to help!

Alex

(Steven)

Thanks for your write up and help here! There's a lot of opinions floating around out there and we like to be as clear as possible on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveh14GT View Post
so I was on the fence about getting a tune but an AM employee sent me the link to SCT's page saying that you once returned to stock there is no footprint or trace of a tune in the car:
SCT Performance - SCT X4 Power Flash Ford Programmer**Part Number: 7015
If this isn't true and its out in the open for the public then they can get into a lot of trouble, with that being said this is reason enough for me to believe that it is true... so with THAT being said I think I am going to buy a X4 tuner with some Bama tunes... lol
This is something that I'm going to have sent over to them right now so they can get a look at this! Let me know how you make out with Bama and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you have a 11-14 car, get a AED or Lund tune. Much better and are real remote datalog tunes vs a canned tune. /thread.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2013 GT, it was mostly stock except that I got a different exhaust,specifically a catback. During Black Friday I was able to get a good deal with AM. Got the X4 tuner with a JLT intake. Before the tune I thought my car was pretty decent for all the hype. Once I got the intake and tuner I had 3 different types of tunes set for it. sport, performance, and race. I usually leave it on performance. Huge difference. You'll feel it I promise you not a waste of money. As for race tune is a massive force of power. I wouldn't recommend running on that tune permanently. Maybe just to go cruising hunting down Cameros, or even the track works. Lately I've been driving in sport mode just to get a better fuel to air ratio. You will defiantly see the difference. Also if you go with the intake special you will also see you will get more gas mileage before you hit empty on your gas tank.
mooseruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
You tune you will likely be denied in any power train warranty claim. Being sneaky about it is like stealing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseruler View Post
I have a 2013 GT, it was mostly stock except that I got a different exhaust,specifically a catback. During Black Friday I was able to get a good deal with AM. Got the X4 tuner with a JLT intake. Before the tune I thought my car was pretty decent for all the hype. Once I got the intake and tuner I had 3 different types of tunes set for it. sport, performance, and race. I usually leave it on performance. Huge difference. You'll feel it I promise you not a waste of money. As for race tune is a massive force of power. I wouldn't recommend running on that tune permanently. Maybe just to go cruising hunting down Cameros, or even the track works. Lately I've been driving in sport mode just to get a better fuel to air ratio. You will defiantly see the difference. Also if you go with the intake special you will also see you will get more gas mileage before you hit empty on your gas tank.
Hey Moose-Thanks for taking the time to post up a review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying it so much! I definitely remember my first time in a Bama tuned Coyote, I was all grins!

Let me know if there's ever anything I can help out with I'm always around!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Moose-Thanks for taking the time to post up a review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying it so much! I definitely remember my first time in a Bama tuned Coyote, I was all grins!

Let me know if there's ever anything I can help out with I'm always around!

Alex

Any way I can get free tires for the rims I also bought for Black Friday? Haha my stock ones won't fit!
Old 12-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #15
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseruler View Post
Any way I can get free tires for the rims I also bought for Black Friday? Haha my stock ones won't fit!
Well-As much as I'd love to give them away I think I might lose my job! Sorry about that but shoot us a call and we're happy to get an order set up for you on them!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 12-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
There's a flash counter that leaves a trace that's unavoidable. If you put a tune on your car a dealer may not be able to find it but a Ford engineer will. Warranty voided as you will lose the battle. American Muscle is just trying to feed you a line here and is not to be trusted.
This post may or may not have been Grabber Blue5.0. Could be ISIS. Could be Taliban. Could be Jay Leno.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I really want to tune my car because a lot of people say it makes a big difference and its the best mod but I really don't want anything to happen to the car and then my warranty is gone... But I really have an itch to tune it, especially wanna try out the race tune
Old 12-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Well-As much as I'd love to give them away I think I might lose my job! Sorry about that but shoot us a call and we're happy to get an order set up for you on them!

Alex

Haha I can understand that! I'll just shoot you a pm
Old 12-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #19

I absolutely love my AM BAMA tunes and JLT intake combo. It seriously took my 13GT vert to another level. You'll love it. Best mustang money I've spent.

2013 GT Convertible Base, Candy Red, Automatic, 3.15 gears, BAMA Tune, JLT CAI
Central Oklahoma
Crimson_RN is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT