Suspension Upgrade questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Suspension Upgrade questions

First of all I have a few different questions.

First off, I am looking at getting all BMR LCA and UCA and relocation brackets for both along with an adjustable panhard bar and brace.

Now my question is, the difference between the BMR panhard bar brace and the whiteline brace. The whiteline is slightly cheaper and doesnt have a bend in it which seems better to me. What is the purpose in the bend in the BMR piece or does it even serve a purpose? Which one is the better choice?

And the LCA relocation brackets from both companies, which is better? Ive seen at least one person complain about the BMR brackets since they hang down so far they've scraped. They both look basically the same except the whiteline piece doesn't have as many choices in mounting holes as the BMR piece does. Do you really need all those choices? I would just assume keep all the pieces from the same company but if someone else's piece is better then I would swap out a piece here and there.

Any insight before I start buying would be great.
MOOSEDAWG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
First, never buy DOM tubing for any suspension pieces, always use Chromoly.
I just installed a Whiteline double adjustable panhard bar after lowering my 14. Other than not reading the instructions and putting it in wrong, it was easy and brought my housing back to the center of the car.
As for the bend, I saw the BMR double adjustable bar (just like the Whiteline) and it didn't have a bend. Are you sure you aren't talking about the panhard bar brace which goes between the brackets?
You really want the panhard bar to parallel to the road surface when the cars suspension is fully loaded, so I would see no reason for a bend................I could be wrong.
Unless you are going to be racing I'm not sure you need more adjustment than the Whiteline provides in the relocation bracket, plus they have a little more support.....I will use them. Also, when you buy the UCA, be sure to get the support bracket if you buy BMR, Whiteline already supplies theirs with a welded support.
I would stay with one brand unless someone can show me why mixing brands would be better. I personally like Whiteline and have found over the past ten years that a lot of performance parts that come from DownUnder are just as good and in a few cases better than good Ole USA.......IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
As for the bend, I saw the BMR double adjustable bar (just like the Whiteline) and it didn't have a bend. Are you sure you aren't talking about the panhard bar brace which goes between the brackets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSEDAWG29
Now my question is, the difference between the BMR panhard bar brace and the whiteline brace. The whiteline is slightly cheaper and doesnt have a bend in it which seems better to me. What is the purpose in the bend in the BMR piece or does it even serve a purpose? Which one is the better choice?
Yes that is what I was talking about. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
I personally have a mix of parts, on my 2013, based on pricing and or availability. From what I have seen, most of these parts are almost identical across many of these companies. I have Steeda LCA, Carriage House Engineering UCA and UCA Mount, Freedom Racing PHB and PHB Brace, and Whiteline LCA Relocation brackets aka Anti-squat brackets., Some might have thicker materials, and/or different thickness steel. The PHB Brace adds some clearance for the exhaust if ever going for bigger pipes where the pipes go over the rear end housing.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

How does the PHB brace give you extra clearance? I expected it to be larger in some way to be more stout and sturdy. How is this accomplished?
Old 12-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
The factory crushes the over axle pipe slightly to clear the factory PHB Brace. The aftermarket braces are tubular versus the factory stamped steel.
Here is the one I have:
Panhard Support Brace - 2005-2013 Mustang V6 GT GT500
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I'd stick to one brand. I'm a bigger fan of BMR than whiteline. I also recall someone saying whiteline's relo's snapped on hard launches.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT