Please help mustang issues and problem with dealership - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Please help mustang issues and problem with dealership

I've had the worst experience in my mustang. I've had my car been repainted 4 times, because they didn't do it right and kept peeling off.... Since ever I had my car it had an factory alarm that I had installed in a different dealership. My alarm started to go crazy on me and went to my closest dealership, so they had it replaced.... My alarm doesn't even work anymore and my car doesn't want to start anymore! The dome left light stays dimmed but not completely off and that didn't happened before! Seriously I think they already ****ed up my car since the engine light stays on... Reason why I say this is because one time I saw one sock behind my car and wondered who's sock was it. I asked my gf and she said it wasn't hers... No one gets on my car except me and her... I was like okay I guess... Now yesterday my car stayed at the dealership because they had to replace the alarm like a said above... Today I worked and one of my coworkers told me he saw my car at a house which isn't mine! So now I'm more than sure they use my car while it was suppose to be at the dealership! Idk what to do anymore, my car doesn't turn on anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
If your car doesn't start how could the car be at someone else's house? And maybe it was just another mustang. I have a 5 mile ride to work every day and I see at least 4 mustangs on that drive. Ther'yre everywhere...

Seanp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I had my car At the dealership since yesterday because they were suppose to install the alarm that day, but they had an excuse that they couldn't do it because they were too busy and idk what... So he said to come tomorrow (which is today) and he'll have it ready... Today came... My friend worked at 6am so he was on his way to work and saw the same car (my car) with the raxiom fogs, same rims, it was dirty (it has been raining this past days) and no front license.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't jump the gun on that. Those are very common mods.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I told my friend if he was sure it was my car he said yes. My raxiom fogs are still almost new so you can tell the difference in my fog light and headlight color difference. Like the fogs looking new compared to the headlights. He told me he always passes by that street and never sees a mustang there. (He always works at 9am) this time he worked at 6. We passed trough that street again and the car wasn't there. Tomorrow he works again at the same time he said he's going to check if the mustang he saw parked is there, but he's really sure it was mine

Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Why don't you just show up at the dealership and check..

Old 12-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Always check your odometer when u drop it off anywhere to have it worked on to see if they've been joy riding in it

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

How can I check my car doesn't start... Don't know what they did to it... It's pretty ridiculous that they never do their job right. On a 6k mile car and now i can't even drive it.. It's so stressful after all this. I'm going to call a different dealership and tell them my situation. And having my car from 15 to 11 mpg... What does that make me think...

Old 12-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It should tel your mileage if you just turn the key on. It doesn't have to start man.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'll start doing that, because I really don't want this to happen again! When I picked up my car everything was okay it turned on then came back to work. When i got out I tryed to turn it on and it didn't want to. Everything inside the car works (radio,lights) on "on position". When I try to turn on the car (pressing clutch) nothing happens.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

That's really weird man. Id be pissed

Old 12-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I'm really pissed too... I've always been cooperative with that dealership, never gave them attitude nothing.. After all those thing they never did right... When it goes in on position, the engine light would flash every 2 seconds. Hopefully they didn't mess up something.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #13

Region: Florida
I am not sure of the rules about mentioning another forum here, but it sounds like you need some help my friend. Allfordmustangs has a full time Ford service rep who will help you get your problem escalated quickly. Her name is Daysha and she is suppose to great to deal with, and effective. Hope it helps. And hope I didn't break a rule.
Rubicon04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I'm confused as hell. So is this about having the car painted 4 times or because hey replaced the alarm so the car won't start?

Or is the alarm needed to be replaced so he drove to the dealership? So the car works? Or if the car didn't start then how the hell is the car driven to someone else's house?

Wait... I have an idea. As soon as your friend said your car is at someone's house at 6am then I would have beelined it to the dealership and demanded to see my are right as soon as it opens.

Then I would take it to another dealership.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:59 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

No, I'm saying that I've had bad experiences with that dealership since having my car painted 4 times. The dealership told me to take my car on Monday so they could install the new alarm. I brought my car that day(Monday) and when I got out of work, they told me they didn't did anything at all to my car. He told me to leave my car there so they could install it first thing in the morning... I was like okay fine. Next day came(Tuesday) my friend came to work at 6am he told me, my car was parked in front of a house and that that was the first time he saw the car there since he always passes trough there every time( he thought I lived there). The dealership called me around 12pm telling me my car was ready. My friend took me to where he saw my car first and there was no mustang( just to make sure he wasn't mistaken my car with another one). Then, we went to the dealership to pick up the car and my friend looked at the car really closely and he's really sure that's the car he saw parked in the morning. Got it back from the dealership and went back to work... After getting out of work the car doesn't want to turn on anymore, pretty sure they didn't installed the alarm right....

Old 12-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

The alarm system install was most likely "farmed out" to an outside source, who in this case, took your car from the dealership to install it at a different location. Did you talk with the service manager to see why the car was removed from the dealership?

If they have painted the car 4 times, and it peels again, you have the right to file a lemon law case. This intitles you to get your money back on the car (assuming you bought it new). In most states, the lemon law protects against defects that continue to occur; a dealer/manufacturer is given time to remedy the fault, but in your case, 4 times to correct peeling paint is more than enough time given.

Talk to the service manager, and be polite. Remember, it's not his/her fault of the defect; he/she only works there. Ask to speak to the manager, and explain that you wish to file a lemon law claim. This will get their attention. Don't let them attempt to talk you out of it, unless they make some sort of super claim that they can immediately remedy the problem. Any lemon law filing against a dealership is a "hit" against them, so they want to avoid it at almost any cost. The claim usually goes into arbitration, and If your story has all the facts you say it does, you'd win.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I'll doubt they will will make that happen since the peeling part was small. It was peeling off in the corner of the bumper. They never gave me the paper, they give when they do a job on your car, so for the paint I don't have any proofs of it. I went to a different dealership and they said they can't do anything about it, because that dealership already worked on it and got paid for it. They told me to go to them again, because they are the ones who installed it. I'm looking for another way to get this fixed because I don't want that dealership to touch my car ever again! About taking it to another place to get the alarm installed... At 6am my car was at a different house, there's no dealership who works at that time.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Unfortunately you have no proof that the car was also at the other person's house. You just have a witness who drove by the house and saw it without taking the time to stop and take a picture.

You have no paperwork at all for the repaint the first time? No paperwork at all for the subsequent repaints? This dealership isn't very organized or professional. All the cars I've ever had always issued some paperwork for every little thing they did on my cars. Even as small as a rattle in the dash where the passenger airbag was.

Having zero paperwork for anything sounds like a work of fiction here. Won't ever hold up in the court of law or even arbitration if it can even get that far.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I'm confused as hell. So is this about having the car painted 4 times or because hey replaced the alarm so the car won't start?

Or is the alarm needed to be replaced so he drove to the dealership? So the car works? Or if the car didn't start then how the hell is the car driven to someone else's house?

Wait... I have an idea. As soon as your friend said your car is at someone's house at 6am then I would have beelined it to the dealership and demanded to see my are right as soon as it opens.

Then I would take it to another dealership.

You're way ahead of me. I'm still trying to figure out the part about the sock...

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #20
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I'm missing a grey sock......
Old 12-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Lesson learned for future service done to this car, or any others you purchase: Always, always, always get a copy of the service paperwork. Its your right to get it, even if the work is warranty work.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlp07 View Post
I've had the worst experience in my mustang. I've had my car been repainted 4 times, because they didn't do it right and kept peeling off.... Since ever I had my car it had an factory alarm that I had installed in a different dealership. My alarm started to go crazy on me and went to my closest dealership, so they had it replaced.... My alarm doesn't even work anymore and my car doesn't want to start anymore! The dome left light stays dimmed but not completely off and that didn't happened before! Seriously I think they already ****ed up my car since the engine light stays on... Reason why I say this is because one time I saw one sock behind my car and wondered who's sock was it. I asked my gf and she said it wasn't hers... No one gets on my car except me and her... I was like okay I guess... Now yesterday my car stayed at the dealership because they had to replace the alarm like a said above... Today I worked and one of my coworkers told me he saw my car at a house which isn't mine! So now I'm more than sure they use my car while it was suppose to be at the dealership! Idk what to do anymore, my car doesn't turn on anymore...

you can contact Deysha, she is a Ford Customer Service Representative from Dearborn, Michigan. She might be able to help you.

Social Media Team for Ford Motor Company’s Customer Care division - our primary goal is to help community members find the solutions they are looking for.
Phone: 800.392.FORD (800.392.3673)

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
She is always helping people at allfordmustangs.
Riko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

If it's been repainted 4 times for the same issue, by law they have to give u a new car

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Lemon law I think it's called

Old 12-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBlackGT View Post
If it's been repainted 4 times for the same issue, by law they have to give u a new car

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Lemon law I think it's called

Perhaps but through arbitration they may agree to replacing the whole bumper and repaint the whole car.

That is if it even goes that far. OP has no documentation on any of the work done on his car.

He could try asking the dealership for a reprint copy of the work order but I'm sure there isn't any because it's only logical that he would try that first.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I had an issue once where I took mine in to a shop to do a few appearance mods and when I picked it up it had half a tank less than what I had whenever I dropped it off so I set up my spare key with the MYKEY option so whenever I take it in I reset all optional settings and give them the restricted key so I could monitor everything that was done. I know it doesn't help you now but for future reference hopefully it does.
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Is no one calling troll? Come on this whole story is insane

BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

What can I get from lying? I've been in this forum and I'm not the only one that get this type of stuff in dealerships. When I picked up my car that day, they gave me the paper work done by warranty. They only did the alarm that day... and in the paper it says they did rebalance tires, changed the lower control arms with heat shields which there's a tsb for that and something about my car having the advance track not turning off idk why... All those things were done on different days so idk why would they have everything done in one paper. Also idk why they gave me everything except the painting my car 4 times.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT