Eibach strut leaking - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Eibach strut leaking

So my Eibach strut on the driver side is leaking bad. Ford pointed it out to me when I got my service yesterday. The entire suspension only has 7000 miles on it yet its over the 1 year warranty. I called Eibach and no matter the miles its 1 year so is there a way to fix the leak on these things or do i just need to buy another one of these struts at a stupid price? I called Eibach and now pending a call back for a price on the strut with out spring.
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
wont eibach rebuild it for a price?
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Time to get some not ****ty struts

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2014, 04:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

So eibach is shi*y? This is the first time I've herd this.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Their shocks and struts are not the great.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It's not guaranteed junk, the chance is there for anything like this to happen. These clowns are just jumping in at the opportunity to use your misfortune to validate their existence on this forum as a subject matter expert in an effort to be at the same level as the Velociraptor but the truth is they will never achieve the ever super galactic one-ness they desire so dearly.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Eibach is traditionally not ****ty as they build for many other companies; however, I will say from an outsider's perspective, I keep seeing people saying the eibachs are leaking on their cars.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
It's not guaranteed junk, the chance is there for anything like this to happen. These clowns are just jumping in at the opportunity to use your misfortune to validate their existence on this forum as a subject matter expert in an effort to be at the same level as the Velociraptor but the truth is they will never achieve the ever super galactic one-ness they desire so dearly.

I was giving him info based on my own personal experience with them. The shocks started leaking because they couldn't handle my 1 inch drop.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post

Are you saying that Mikey wants to be a dinosaur?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

So on Friday I finally talked to someone at Eibach and somehow got sent to a voice mail and never got a price. Now its Saturday so gonna try this on Monday. Im real curious to see how much just a strut is???? The entire system is like 2400 on AM.com. Its $1,399 so my guess is $300 for 1 strut.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Well I talked to Eibach again and they said they can rebuild the strut. Labor is $85 and they will tell me how much parts are when they get to that point. They said 7 days to rebuild plus the shipping time so my car will be on jacks for over a week. All because they don't want to cover a strut that has 7k miles on it. WOW
Old 12-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
Well I talked to Eibach again and they said they can rebuild the strut. Labor is $85 and they will tell me how much parts are when they get to that point. They said 7 days to rebuild plus the shipping time so my car will be on jacks for over a week. All because they don't want to cover a strut that has 7k miles on it. WOW
That's the price that you pay to drive a racecar on the street Grabber...
Old 12-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Seems fair on price. 2 suggestions 1 check local for a rebuild of the strut. 2 while your up you might consider koni sports or the koni orange. By the time you ship both ways with parts and (I would rebuild both of them )you might as well upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

They want 308.88 for a new one. I told them they are smoking bath salts. It's crazy that a cheap autozone strut will last longer and have a better warranty.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Unfortunately struts are cosumables like brake pads. Putting your **** experience online will likely help out someone. Chalk it up to experience go with the koni sports and your car will only be down for a few hours.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'll look into the koni. Is it possible to buy koni struts and keep my eibach Springs?

Old 12-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yep they work with any mustang spring. Oh, guaranteed for life too.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:15 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I'm finding the koni struts but I don't see how my eibach coilover Springs will work and be adjustable on the koni.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Ahhh, coilovers you have...I thought you might with the price you had listed. Give sam strano a call at strano parts and ask him what he recommends. The koni sports are not a coilover strut.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

He sells eibach coilovers too.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:14 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm just going to have it rebuilt. There service is trash, and leaking coilovers in 7k miles is unacceptable.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Of course it's unacceptable, but failures will happen no matter the brand. You've used ONE set of their products I'm assuming? As luck would have it, you got one bad one and go on the internet crying about it with no significant consistent evidence that their product is junk. Now, if you've gone through several shocks and the majority of them were bad, I'd probably take your advice. Turn the tears off and relax.

"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I think pretty much all coilovers need to be rebuilt/serviced more frequently than most people think. I would still rebuild both of them and would shop around local to save shipping and time.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

FYI I did a good ol google search on Leaking Eibach strut and found TONS of people talking about them leaking. On all different cars. In fact when I talked to Eibach on the phone he said they come back for rebuild from time to time. I said well that's not good and all the guy said was "well we sale a lot so the percentage is still low and we will be happy to look at it for you, it might just be a 2 dollar O ring and thats 85$ in labor" Being that they are days over the 1 year warrenty i said i would drive my car to there shop and show them the car it self only has 10k on it so even then thats the oldest the strut can be. and NOPE wont do it. Its my party and i'll cry if i want to lol
Old 12-17-2014, 11:08 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I've also been chasing a loud rattle from my driver side rear. I mean SUPER loud. I even had borla send me a new exhaust because I thought the exhaust was broke in the inside. They sent it no question asked. (have an extra Borla in the garage by the way) I have taken off just about everything looking for this rattle and im going to bet its the rear Eibach coil over. Had my buddy ride in the trunk with seats down and all items removed from trunk and he said it is 100% coming from the coil over area. Put stock shock on and it goes away. maybe cause it lifts the car a little or maybe because Eibach is junk. who knows.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so my car is now on jacks, strut packed and sent to Eibach. As I jacked up the car and the wheel came off the ground the strut was making a hissing noise. I take a look and oil was spraying out of the bottom of the strut. Just waiting to see what a few O rings are going to set me back. im going to guess 160$.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

You might look into rebuilding them yourself. Quite a bit of info on the web.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

I thought eibach was supposed to be decent as they make parts for a few companies out there?
Old 01-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I thought eibach was supposed to be decent as they make parts for a few companies out there?
When they wern't leaking they were fine. Now that ive called Eibach and sent my coilover to them they are taking there sweet time. I called them and the dude said "we took it apart and are putting it back together and will ship it next week due to newyears we wont be here tomorrow so next week for sure" I said, what was the cause of the leak and what is my cost on parts? He puts me on hold then comes back and says " we didnt get that deep yet so we dont know what parts are needed" I said you just told me you are putting it back together so how did you not get that deep? He just said "well my guy is still looking at it and we will call you next week. I can bet my right nut they will be charging me as close as they can for a new coilover which is 303$. It cost me 17$ to ship it to them and I will bet my left nut they are going to charge me 40$ to send it back. I hate to be so negative but I just know thats whats going to happen.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah that does sound silly.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Well guys I hate to say it but I was 100% right. I had to call them and got the run around about what's wrong with the strut. They called back today and said "The labor on your damper will be 2 hours @ 85$ pr hour = 170$ then we "THINK" your parts will cost 50$-150$ that =$220-$320. This is not even adding tax and shipping. I know for a fact a guy is not at a bench with my strut for 2 hours and I know 100% that an O-ring is not 50-150$. So they talked me into buying a new one because the cost to rebuild was going to be days out and more money. They gave me the new one for 262.70$ before shipping and Im guessing they gave me a "deal" is because they are keeping my strut and reselling it after they put in the .25cent o-ring. So now the SVE wheels I was buying this month have to wait.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

In the meantime get your old one and learn to service yourself.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

They are keeping my old one

Old 01-05-2015, 03:40 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Lol
That is a pretty sweet racket that they have going on there at Eibach...
Old 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

So I just called them back and asked for my old damper and he told me they scrapped it already. I said how did you scrap it I talked to you 30 minutes ago and you were asking me if you wanted me to rebuild it? So now he took my number again and said he'll call me back

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT