Wife busted front bumper....looking for alternate options than factory OEM replacemen - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Wife busted front bumper....looking for alternate options than factory OEM replacemen

Hello everyone. Thanks for checking out my thread.
So my wife, who does not know how to drive stick, decides she needs to pull my baby out of the garage one day while I am at work.....you can probably guess where this is going.
To make a long story short, I now need a new bumper on our SUV and on my baby. I don't give a crap about the SUV, but the Stang can't be having a busted bumper!
I've gotten an estimate on replacing with an OEM replacement, but thought I would check out my alternatives and see if there was anything out there that would give me a different look for the front end than factory.
I've googled 2014 body kits, bumpers, etc. but not really seeing very many aftermarket options. Anybody got any suggestions on replacements they have found? I have a 2014 5.0 Convertible in Gotta Have It Green.
I would appreciate some ideas from the group!
Thanks,
David
no1importa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2014, 03:26 AM   #2
RTR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Latemodel Restoration has a GT500 front bumper conversion has everything you'll need except the fogs. It is a bit pricey though 1,999.99 here is a link
Mustang GT500 Front End Conversion Kit (11-14)
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Latemodel Restoration has a GT500 front bumper conversion has everything you'll need except the fogs. It is a bit pricey though 1,999.99 here is a link
Mustang GT500 Front End Conversion Kit (11-14)
Wow that's steep, paint would probably add close to another grand.

Are you going to pay out of pocket or contact insurance?
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I hope she's been sleeping on the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ouch!!! I would be looking at dating sites in between bumper options.. Good luck

Sent from my MyPhone using Mustang Evolution
Musskao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I will be paying out of pocket, so can't go too crazy. The quote I got from the dealer was about $850, not including the stripe replacement. Apparently that is only sold in a whole kit for $500+ so I am gonna have to have a guy match them and do that separately.
She hasn't been on the couch, but she has been being a lot nicer too me since! Lol
I saw this out there, but what is everyone's opinion on going with a GT500 bumper with none of the other GT500 parts. Would that look weird? I think I would prefer something more custom so it didn't look like I was trying to make people think I had something I didn't. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418532515.226281.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	171813

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
YOU LET YOUR WIFE WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, BACK YOUR STANG OUT OF THE GARAGE?

1) You shall be "BANNED" from Mustang Evolution for 1 year. YOU BROKE THE MAN CODE BY LETTING HER DRIVE IT.

2) As further punishment, you will have to have your right hand removed so you can't drive the car either!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
YOU LET YOUR WIFE WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, BACK YOUR STANG OUT OF THE GARAGE?

1) You shall be "BANNED" from Mustang Evolution for 1 year. YOU BROKE THE MAN CODE BY LETTING HER DRIVE IT.

2) As further punishment, you will have to have your right hand removed so you can't drive the car either!

Maybe you should read that his wife took his car out when he was at work. You should have to redo school as it appears you can not read.

Grimkreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
I can read just fine. Why does his wife have keys to his car? Back to school for you!

Please keep this thread on topic.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:52 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Please keep this thread on topic.

Ghost poop in the wind. Topics are for proverbially keeping g.i joe threads irrelevantly kept in the duck tales money vault. Ironically poop is the topic here sir. His wife couldn't handle the stick and she backed that *** up into launch pad mc quack. Now the gt500 bumper don't be recognizin'...that ready to die **** it was aight, but my **** more john blaze then that. This my 4th album and I ain't made a dime yet. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418622709.654274.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	171910

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1importa View Post
I will be paying out of pocket, so can't go too crazy. The quote I got from the dealer was about $850, not including the stripe replacement. Apparently that is only sold in a whole kit for $500+ so I am gonna have to have a guy match them and do that separately.
She hasn't been on the couch, but she has been being a lot nicer too me since! Lol
I saw this out there, but what is everyone's opinion on going with a GT500 bumper with none of the other GT500 parts. Would that look weird? I think I would prefer something more custom so it didn't look like I was trying to make people think I had something I didn't. Attachment 171813
I've never liked how the real GT500 air intakes are wide open to rocks, etc.. so I kind of like how that Duraflex bumper has some mesh in it.
rocks @ 100mph + radiator = recipe for disaster
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Look what mine did to one of mine!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418698994.832353.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	171980Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418699036.675794.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	894.0 KB
ID:	171981Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1418699075.658162.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	938.1 KB
ID:	171982stucco

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

The good news the door ding that has annoyed me for years is getting fixed!

Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Look what mine did to one of mine!Attachment 171980Attachment 171981Attachment 171982stucco

Dang! Both sides?? My condolences man!

Old 12-15-2014, 10:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1importa View Post
Dang! Both sides?? My condolences man!

I know! Thing is if had been a week earlier I would have been devastated but I just spontaneously bought a 302 Boss last week and she was not thrilled. Since she wrecked my 08 she's quite thankful that I have that Boss! And the 08 is at the body shop so strange how things can work out.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't want to add too much to the off-topic direction the above post started, but since my manhood has been called into question, I feel I should at least respond once. As I am sure most people who read this assumed, no, my wife did not have my permission to move the car and she certainly didn't ask me or I would have said Hell no!

In response to why she had the keys....I don't really know of any car owner (Mustang or otherwise) who carries both sets of factory keys around in their pocket at the same time. Most people keep the extra at home in a safe place that is known to both adults should the unlikely situation of a lost or damaged key occur while out, which would require the spouse to grab the spare and bring it to you.

The above responses address issues that, to me, seem like normal common sense.
What seems to lack common sense to me is this comment that you chose to make: "YOU LET YOUR WIFE WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, BACK YOUR STANG OUT OF THE GARAGE?" Here is the question I pose to you... How would it be possible for her to "BACK" the car out of the garage and slam the FRONT bumper into the SUV? This entire thread is about asking for suggestions on replacements of the front bumper. You clearly were not paying much attention to my thread and just wanted to spout off.

Maybe next time you should think a little more about your insults before you start throwing them so you don't wind up the one with egg on their face instead of your intended target.

Now that this has been cleared up....back on target!

Old 12-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Wife busted front bumper....looking for alternate options than factory OEM re...

I've have some interesting news in this saga. My wife might have actually found a way to resolve this issue without even trying! Friday morning on her way back home from taking our son to school, a 16 year old girl pulled out and hit the back side of our SUV. Upon her phone call to let me know what happened, the first words out of my mouth (of course) were "Are you ok?" My next thought went to "I hope the damage was worth enough I can use the money to fix the Stang!"
Thankfully, the damage is not very noticeable, but would require a new rear bumper and some paint repair to the driver's rear quarter. This should more than cover the repairs on the Mustang, so I am stoked!
The only way it could get any better will be if I can convince her insurance company that they need to compensate me for loss of value on the SUV since it is only 2 years old and was bought brand new. Then I could get both vehicles fixed, lol.
I doubt I will get that lucky, so I am sure you can guess which of the 2 vehicles will be getting fixed.

Anybody else out there seen anything they have liked in the way of an aftermarket bumper?

Old 12-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #18

Wife busted front bumper....looking for alternate options than factory OEM re...

Anyone got some ice for that burn?

Sorry to hear that. I let my wife occasionally drive mine. Manhood in question or not, rule goes she breaks it, she replaces with something better. So far no damage.

On topic. Gt500 bumper should look awesome if you can get it cheap enough. Nothing wrong with OE though

Cervini a has a few body kits out there for the 2013/2014.

2000 GT 5spd. minor bolt ons
stockxcarx29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #19

http://www.cervinis.com/13-14mustang...rsion-kit.html

Not sure of quality but price looks good.

*edit* after the fact noticed it doesn't even have the bumper. 😠

stockxcarx29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Here is a stock cover. http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-fron...-2013/p/BCF35/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #21
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockxcarx29 View Post
Mustang GT Grilles, 13-14 Mustang GT500 style conversion kit - Cervini's

Not sure of quality but price looks good.

*edit* after the fact noticed it doesn't even have the bumper. 😠

Cervinis is great quality stuff!

Also check out LKQ Keystone suppliers, or car-part.com <-actual spelling of it.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #22

Region: Virginia
Racerboy front bumper isn't too bad either. I'm in the same spot too though. Someone hit me in a parking lot I assume and drove off. I've been back and forth on what I want to replace it with for quite sometime now

blackbella5.oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:17 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Ah yes, another old thread revived.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT