2011-14 5.0 vs 07 corvette base model - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You can have that reason, but not have a stripped out car. Look at the cars that dominate TX2K races, usually Lambos with full interior. Those cars were built for a reason, but don't need to sacrifice certain things if you don't want to. If you want it lighter, thats only a few fiberglass or carbon fiber parts away.
You would be suprised what underground racing actually has done to there cars. They LIE about there ****. Always have. Just like they won't show a loss on video.

For instance my buddy owns " boosted cycle performance" in Houston. Builds some of, if not the fastest turbo hayabusa's around.

one of his customers destroyed one of there shop cars last year. Put the video up. Guess what they contacted him, and paid him alot of $$ to take it off youtube.

They also back down from races. They were supposed to race rob.and his 650+ hp shop bike (Owner of boosted cycle performance)
Super street bike magazine was going to rent out the airstrip for it. Guess what they backed out.

Also ask them to do a 20-40 roll to 140 won't happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Like TommyV said, and I quote, "I could dump a bunch of money in my suspension, but it's not that important", kind of my attitutude.
There is always somebody with more money and has a faster car, I just want the Mustang to suite my driving style/looks and have fun driving it.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Like TommyV said, and I quote, "I could dump a bunch of money in my suspension, but it's not that important", kind of my attitutude.
There is always somebody with more money and has a faster car, I just want the Mustang to suite my driving style/looks and have fun driving it.
This... In automotive pursuits, there is just no substitution for cubic money!!

-Static
Static_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I got to run several times with a stock C6 (mufflers only) the first summer I got my Stang on a test n tune day. My car was consistently 3 mph faster and .3 quicker.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
When all is said and done it is haaaaaaaaaaard to beat the 11-14 Coyotes as a bang for the buck car. You want a balls fast drag car? Not really all that much needs to get done to get into the low 11s especially an auto. You want a car that can handle? There are a ton of suspension upgrades to make it pretty damn nice stick axle and all (or just wait for the S550 to drop in price). Its not the fastest or most luxurious or with the best interiors or highest quality exteriors but it does everything well and can be upgraded in an almost infinite number of ways. What is great about owning one.

Can also imagine lining up next to some ****** Canoe in a $65k Vette who has been driving like an *** in your modest stock looking Coyote and just de-stroying him. Bonus points if his gold digging GF/Wife is in the passenger seat although she's probably too high on prescription painkillers to notice.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
The thing about Corvettes is usually the only time I see them around here they are usually driven by some older guy blocking up the fast lane going 54mph. But the answer is they are faster but rarely will you find yourself threatened by one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.slow View Post
So the z06 is even better than a 5.0?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

We were until he had to ask this question

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #43
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
The thing about Corvettes is usually the only time I see them around here they are usually driven by some older guy blocking up the fast lane going 54mph. But the answer is they are faster but rarely will you find yourself threatened by one.

But if you happen to come by a modified Corvette that wants to have a go at it. You better pray for traction off the line, because thats the only advantage you will have lol. Unless you are modded up the wall like Rap and the Vette is stock.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:52 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
But if you happen to come by a modified Corvette that wants to have a go at it. You better pray for traction off the line, because thats the only advantage you will have lol. Unless you are modded up the wall like Rap and the Vette is stock.
I don't know I hear there is this guy in the bay area with a bolt on 5.0 that can take raps "weak *** car"

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:36 AM   #45
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I don't know I hear there is this guy in the bay area with a bolt on 5.0 that can take raps "weak *** car"

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

Who?

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 12-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Who?

Some new guy that said rap probably had a crappy car so don't listen to his advice lol

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

I can't remember what thread it was in

Old 12-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #47
ME Bloodhound
Staff

2011-14 5.0 vs 07 corvette base model

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Some new guy that said rap probably had a crappy car so don't listen to his advice lol

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

I can't remember what thread it was in

I kind of want to find out because I'm in the Bay Area also lol

HID end all thread
Old 12-16-2014, 12:52 AM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Thread is called cai steed a vs bbk

Old 12-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I kind of want to find out because I'm in the Bay Area also lol

Go get him lol. He didn't specify dragstrip or autocross.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:04 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Go get him lol. He didn't specify dragstrip or autocross.

He said specifically he wanted to run Rap in his Mary Kay hot pink special edition make up wagon. Lol

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
He said specifically he wanted to run Rap in his Mary Kay hot pink special edition make up wagon. Lol

Lol, only reason my *** will be going to cali is if I get a one on one training session with rich piana.
Then I will will throw the *** dragging in on a bonus.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Lol. I will be running a 15 stingray 8 speed auto (Dad's new toy) soon. Hopefully my secret sauce will be ready...
Old 12-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Vette is around 200-300 lbs lighter....with everything else being equal, the Vette should win.

Of course, it's rare that everything else is equal!

My neighbor has a 2005 Vette, with base model LS2 and manual 6 speed. He has a Billy Boat catback, but otherwise stock. Completely different animal as far as the driving experience goes.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Interesting thread because the original owner of my 14GT traded it in on new 14 Corvette. My Mustang only had 2700 miles and came with a Airaid CAI and SCT tuner, the motor is set to the onboard tune at the 91 octane level. If I could get traction to the pavement in 1st and 2nd I'd try one on for size, but with the 3.73's and Pirelli Zero's there is just no traction to be had, even a roller in 2nd just lights the tires.

Raced a turbo maxima running like 12lbs - went from a 40mph roll and my car just could not get a grip with those Pirellis. He pulled a car length and then we stayed same distance until we shut down 130mph ish.

From a dig with trac control I had him. But man. These tires suck lol.

Just running CAI and Lund 91 tune.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20145pointOH View Post
Raced a turbo maxima running like 12lbs - went from a 40mph roll and my car just could not get a grip with those Pirellis. He pulled a car length and then we stayed same distance until we shut down 130mph ish.

From a dig with trac control I had him. But man. These tires suck lol.

Just running CAI and Lund 91 tune.

I'm going to be getting some new wheels and tires.........just had enough of the Pirellis and 20's. Did go head to head with an RT Challenger and first and second was just smoke, although I did start catching him we just ran out of room. Also did some corner carving with an M5 on a back country road this past weekend but the Mustang is so squirrely on uneven surfaces I felt like I was drifting around corners most of the time.................a lot of suspension/wheel/tire work to be done. Still love the car and the gearing with 6spd and 3:73's is near perfect.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

You guys need to specify that you are doing all of this racing on tracks and closed courses...
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
You guys need to specify that you are doing all of this racing on tracks and closed courses...
Oh......................absolutely, and if I ever get "black flagged" I'll just pull out my SCCA/NHRA Competition Drivers licenses!
Just like the sticker on my old drag car said, I'm not going too fast or racing, I'm just qualifying.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post

Technically. Mine was law enforcement approved.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #59

Region: Florida
I have an auto GT 3.15 gears with JLT intake, Bama, off-road Xpipe, GT500 axle back.
Friend has corvette 2007 a4 2.xx gears. Long tubes, X pipe, cat back, Street tune, vararam induction.

On the street with street tires I beat him. He put NIttos on and at the track he ran 12.3 I ran 12.5. We both hooked up perfectly at the track. So I think on the street my Mustang suspension just helped me stay even and beat him slightly.
Tgranber is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT