Am i making a mistake 300$ for flomaster 40's installed. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Am i making a mistake 300$ for flomaster 40's installed.

i got a offer for my 2014 gt5.0 that they would install flomasters 40's series for 300 dollars and would use my stock pypes and tips should i go for it or just go with the more expensive axle back like roush? plz help and no comments are wrong its your opinion and what do the 40's sound like on my 2014?
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #2

If your talking just install price you are absolutely getting ripped off...run don't walk... Just axelbacks shouldn't be more than 100 at the very most at least in my area

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
goblue9786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
i got a offer for my 2014 gt5.0 that they would install flomasters 40's series for 300 dollars and would use my stock pypes and tips should i go for it or just go with the more expensive axle back like roush? plz help and no comments are wrong its your opinion and what do the 40's sound like on my 2014?
40s are going to be purdy ****in loud, with head shattering drone for dessert. Try their delta flow 40 series instead, they are a step down in terms of volume and drone.

Ps: what's your taste in exhaust? Are you into 'I want it to be as loud as possible', loud, balances sound and throaty, or just mellow?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Way To much , buy a good quality axle back with bigger tips for that price ,

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
joefez55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

300 is for every thing he said axle backs are 500 lol i was like yeah right will just order me some roush. .... but he said 300 for the 2 flomaster 40's and the installation he is going to clamp the flomasters to my original pypes and then just put the mufflere and cut my tips off and place them on the flows. ...

i like a loud but deep exhaust and by loud i like loud but not on the highway cause cops can always tell which was the car speeding lol just look its a new 2014 mustang and hes off after mee....... and i wont be able to get away making all that noise
Old 12-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
40s are going to be purdy ****in loud, with head shattering drone for dessert. Try their delta flow 40 series instead, they are a step down in terms of volume and drone.
This this and this, I had the flow 40s on my foxbody and they did sound absolutely amazing and I loved them. The only problem is exactly what bazinga is saying they drone pretty darn good. Drove 2 hrs from my house to my sisters in Raleigh and I couldn't hear a thing when I got there hahaha
Old 12-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770 View Post
This this and this, I had the flow 40s on my foxbody and they did sound absolutely amazing and I loved them. The only problem is exactly what bazinga is saying they drone pretty darn good. Drove 2 hrs from my house to my sisters in Raleigh and I couldn't hear a thing when I got there hahaha
I had magnaflow competitions on my 3.7, couldn't handle em past 3 day mark!! advil was my friend.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 12-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
300 is for every thing he said axle backs are 500 lol i was like yeah right will just order me some roush. .... but he said 300 for the 2 flomaster 40's and the installation he is going to clamp the flomasters to my original pypes and then just put the mufflere and cut my tips off and place them on the flows. ...

i like a loud but deep exhaust and by loud i like loud but not on the highway cause cops can always tell which was the car speeding lol just look its a new 2014 mustang and hes off after mee....... and i wont be able to get away making all that noise
300 for everything is a pretty decent price, but be sure to ask him how much is the labor in that price quote.
I'd suggest you go jegs.com and look up their muffler section. They literally have tons of universal mufflers available, and for cheap! An alternative to flowmaster 40s would be flowtech afterburners. They are chambered and loud just like flows, minus the drone!

Or dynomax VT(interesting internal design for controlled noise), hooker aerochamber, cherrybomb vortex would get my vote.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 12-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I had magnaflow competitions on my 3.7, couldn't handle em past 3 day mark!! advil was my friend.
Haha! I know exactly what you mean, Excedrin was my best friend when I had that car, kept a huge bottle of it in the glove box.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I had flows on my last mustang and roush on the one I've got now. I enjoyed the flows for town driving but like the roush better on the highway. To me the roush mufflers doesn't have that constant drone sound when cruising down the highway but if you want to be heard just mash the gas pedal on down and people will know your there.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Based on "i like a loud but deep exhaust and by loud i like loud but not on the highway" you would be fine in term of cruising speed on the highway from an OUT OF THE CAR perspective. But be prepared to hate your life from the inside. Flowmasters have so much drone.

I test drove a 2011 5.0 with Flowmasters on... The salesman started it up for me and it sounded great from the outside. Once I got in the car and started going for the drive, I absolutely hated it lol. I believe they had the American Thunder Classic on (based on what I could see... The salesman was obviously clueless on what mods the car had). I've also had experience with the Flowmaster Outlaws. Same story.

Flowmaster tends to be on the very loud side of the spectrum. So for your main concern, if you can handle the drone (there will be a bunch of drone unless you do some other things to your exhaust system to tone it down), you would be fine at a cruising speed in terms of noise level -FROM THE OUTSIDE PERSPECTIVE- aka Cops.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

so basicaly save some more money for the roush ......but are they super loud in the city i want a angy scream
Old 12-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I would recommend the Roush to you. My friend has the 2011 5.0 with Roush Axle back. I've mentioned in other threads but this is the video we filmed so people could get an idea of the sound.

The video is surprisingly accurate. It's just a bit louder when you're actually standing there, ofc. There are zero issues with drone in his car and yes, you can definitely make them scream in town.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
so basicaly save some more money for the roush ......but are they super loud in the city i want a angy scream
Haha dude look into the ones I suggested, they're going to fit your bill just perfect. With some $$ savings on the side.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 12-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Mine aren't very loud in town (with normal driving). But I'm able to make it sound off when I want without having to get on it hard. My car is an auto and I usually just let it shift it self. With a manual or shifting an auto manually you could tach more before shifting to make it sound out. That's what I done with my last one, this one I just got recently and still getting use to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have the force II and they are awesome. yes loud but very aggressive. I get alot of compliments. I added an o/r X pipe and its even better. No rasp or crackle, just deep throaty tone.
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #17

With that 300 hundred you can buy a axle back and install it yourself. Its the easiest thing you could possibly do..what a rip off

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
14cyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT