Rear ended and no bumper. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Rear ended and no bumper.

Back at the beginning of November an idiot old lady on a cell phone rear ended my mustang at a stop light. I called the cops she got a ticket and I started a claim with her insurance. I made an appointment to drop car off at body shop. The day before I drop it off they called and told me don't bother. They say that they cannot get a rear bumper cover for it that they do not exist.... No rear bumper cover anywhere in the United states and have no clue when they will be able to get one. It's now end of December and still having to drive around a brand new car with a busted tail light and a bumper cover with scraped off paint and a massive gash. I'm starting to get aggravated and don't know if the body shop is backed up and just jerking me around or if it's the truth. I just find it hard to believe that a mustang of all things you can't get parts for....
hitmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
There has to be a bumper cover. Heck there's an entire aftermarket dedicated to body kits.

A ford dealer will have a bumper Id imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I work in insurance, if it is her fault and you are going with her insurance the. You have the right to take it to any bodyshop you want. I would not settle for some BS like that! How is there no bumpers anywhere in the US? I would take it straight to the ford dealer and let her insurance worry about flipping the bill. This seema ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
paulflor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulflor98 View Post
I work in insurance, if it is her fault and you are going with her insurance the. You have the right to take it to any bodyshop you want. I would not settle for some BS like that! How is there no bumpers anywhere in the US? I would take it straight to the ford dealer and let her insurance worry about flipping the bill. This seema ridiculous.

The bad thing is I picked the body shop. I have used them several times with excellent service. I just don't by the no bumpers in the us. I'm calling the ford dealer Monday and see if they can get a bumper. If they can im calling the adjuster and telling him to redo the check and I'm taking it some were else. Also the owner of the shop bought a 2013 gt hit in the front and they told me that they couldn't find a front bumper either.... When I called back to check in... The guy told me they found A bumper for his car but still nothing on mine.....
Old 12-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

sounds like you're getting jerked around man, why don't you call around to a few places and see if you can locate one, if you do, call them out on it

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk
Old 12-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Ask to see the parts prior to them installing them. They may be looking for a used one to make more profit for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutionm
pss3286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I agree, honestly there are some body shops that claim additional damage to hike up the insurance payout. Might be getting himself a new bumper! J/S

paulflor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pss3286 View Post
Ask to see the parts prior to them installing them. They may be looking for a used one to make more profit for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutionm

I was going to say the same thing. Sounds like they are looking for used parts and will charge for new. I had my 2010 f150 repair red after being rear-ended and caught the body shop reusing the original emblems that were pried off my truck. I could see where they pried them and added new double sided tape. And then they charged the insurance for new emblems. Needless to say me and the service manager had a little talk and the vehicle was then repaired correctly.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quickest way to a response is get a rental car from her insurance and tell them you need to see a doc about neck and back pain. Play their game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Quickest way to a response is get a rental car from her insurance and tell them you need to see a doc about neck and back pain. Play their game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
....or just bring it by Ford and have them get it taken care of. Doesn't sound like its the insurance company dragging their feet but rather the body shop shopping around for a used bumper.
gamecock426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:10 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Well our cars are pretty new.....Same damn thing happened to me. My 3rd gear is messed up so the transmission place I took it to called Ford and the 3rd gear parts were on backorder and I am the 30th in line. I've been waiting 2 and a half weeks already and im on the "priority list"... And will be shipped by the end of December, and people not on the priority list have to wait until the end of JANUARY... Sucks... Mt-82 is some sht..

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Check out Tousley Ford/Auto Nation. They have online ordering and great prices.

El Fufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
2005-2014 Mustang Rear Bumper

https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fuse...7-%20Liter-GAS
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Here's your bumper cover directly from Ford. I'd hit up Jay at Hypermotive. He can get you great prices on genuine Ford parts shipped.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...&model=Mustang
Old 12-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
That shop's looking for used parts.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Rear ended and no bumper.

I don't use bumpers in bowling. Y should U?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1419386868.135362.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	172411

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Not really sure where anyone lives, but I've got a friend at the local Ford dealer that gives me jobber on parts, and I don't have to pay for any freight on special parts.
I needed the front chin spoiler on my 2014 because I did a little "off-and-on" seeing how well the Pirelli's worked on wet pavement with the traction control off................and Sacramento, CA is Ford's West Coast Distribution Warehouse...they had 156 chin spoilers in stock. I just ordered the OE GT500 rear valance in preparation for putting twin tip Magnaflow's on and Ford's list is $253 and I got it for $202, and they had 56 in stock in Sacramento. If anyone ever needs to confirm a part and the availability just send me a PM, I'll be glad to let you know list, availability and jobber price.
I can't believe that somewhere in one of Ford's distribution centers they don't have dozens just waiting for someone to call and order one.............IMHO
olerodder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep every one posted on how long it ends up taking. I haven't had chance to do any calling around to other shops yet work has been crazy. I just keep thinking there is no way there aren't any of these bumpers laying around.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

If you like the 2012 rear end I can sell you a complete rear end replacement with tail lights for $500.

Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I appreciate the offer but I much prefer the tail lights of the 13-14
Old 12-31-2014, 09:02 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Well I finaly had a chance to do a little snooping since I had the day off. It looks like the bumper is on back order they have 20 of them ready for packaging and to ship on the 6th according to my local ford dealer. So hopefully I'll be getting a call back from the body shop here in a few weeks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT