Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Advice

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  CatCobra 
#1 ·
Hey guys I bought a 2011 mustang gt 5.0 in October! So far all I have done is some graphics, a 5% window tint, a roush cold air intake and roush axel back exhaust(it sounds nice!) and did it myself.. other than that it's pretty stock..
Now I was wondering what I should do next? And also have some questions.. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

What is the difference between h pipes and x pipes? And also long and short tube headers? And what I should do to my new baby

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Thank you all in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay here's the predicament your in.

Either keep Roush and bleed your ears out if you want power

(Longtubes x pipe)

Or you could go for a deep sound and not get as much power (shortys h pipe)

X pipe/ longtubes = more power and more raspy

H pipe/shorty headers = less power more old school muscle sound.

I recommend if your looking for power look into
- Boss 302 Manifold
- Cold Air Intake
- SCT Flash x4 Handheld
-1-7/8 Longtube Headers
- Offroad-X Pipe (compatible with the Longtube Headers(visa versa)

Appearance it's always nice to get new tints all around, wheels, stripes,

Now once you have power you will need to focus on weight reduction & suspension.
- Springs
- Shocks/Struts
- Upper Control Arms
- Lower Control Arms
- Control Mount
- Relocation Bracket
BMR suspension is my top pick.

Weight reduction you could get lightweight wheels, k member, flywheel, 1 pc driveshaft... Ect.. List goes on.

Depends all what you want to get on your car ....

Remember all this can be bought off AmericanMuscle.com with a 6% discount code from DailBailer or Alex Once you get 50 NON SPAMMING posts.

Goodluck !!

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe

#3 · (Edited)
Laquisha just beat me to it! He has pretty much covered everything you need to know.

1) I personally would recommend you get rid of your roush axlebacks if you're going with long tubes and catless x/h pipe. A set of magnaflow street mufflers would be a good choice with this setup.

2) If money is not an issue, get cobra jet intake manifold and corresponding TB - just because of lack of low end torque on a boss. Or if you can find an IM from a 2015 (provided they fit), that be golden.

3) As for stripes, gt500 over the hood stripes on a white car look sick imo.

#6 ·
You could put an H pipe on and tell someone without looking it was an X, and they'd believe you. Same way switched around., unless you had two identical cars running next to each other with an H and an X.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
Also, the Roush sounds wonderful until you take out the cats, then it's John Force loud all day.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.