Car bogged down just after I tuned it - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Car bogged down just after I tuned it

I have ran Bama's 91 performance tune without any issues since last few days, decided to try out their revised 91R tune (for steeda CAI) this evening. I let it idle for about 2 mins and kept my eye on AFR. It kept hovering between 13.7/8 to 14.2, no check engine light nothing out of the ordinary.

As soon as I started driving it (granny way) and hit 35-40 mph, it bogged down all of a sudden and this yellow wrench light came on. I had my eyes on AFR during this time - I'm guessing it was in early 13s, and cylinder head temp shot up to 205F.

I was really paranoid at this point, so I didn't really get a chance to plug my tuner back in to see what type of code it might be. I have switched it back to 91P tune and no issues thus far. Not really trying to start another Bama bash thread, just curious what might have been the issue up there? Ima call em tomorrow (if they're open) to get it sorted out. My AFR dips down to 11.2 at WOT

Meanwhile I can't wait to get my Lund and MPT tune
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigCiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 101
Same thing happened to me last week. Changed from 91 street to 91 performance and it ran fine for a few minutes and then started bogging and the wrench light came on. I limped back home and reloaded the same tune and all is well. No idea what caused it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
BigCiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Sounds like a crappy tune.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-26-2014, 10:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Ye I got revisions done to my tune at same time, so far 91P runs just fine. It just the race tune that is giving me lemons. I called BAMA this morning, they asked me to load it up again and read trouble code. Well, my X4 didn't find any codes. I had my datalog running this whole time, sent it to BAMA and they said fueling is off somewhere. Hmmm....
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCali5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Beckley
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,396
You guys should really get a real tune. Go with Lund , aed , VMP, or someone that actually tunes then instead of a canned tune.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Lund ftw!
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Sounds like a crappy tune.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
What you said
__________________
Mustang wanted for here...
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
zinc03svt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SW Missouri
Region: Missouri
Posts: 307
Sounds like it is in the tune. fyi


Its been said a million times, but the quality of the gas you have access to will determine how aggressive a tune can be made for your car period. That is the limitation regardless of whoever tunes your car.

I'm lucky to get a top tier ethanol free 93. This with a mix of booster I can make a solid 96-97 octane. My car gives me 30 plus degrees of timing with no knock.
__________________
2014 "Cobra Jet" GT/CS
Automatic, Comfort pkg, Oxford White
zinc03svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I have ran Bama's 91 performance tune without any issues since last few days, decided to try out their revised 91R tune (for steeda CAI) this evening. I let it idle for about 2 mins and kept my eye on AFR. It kept hovering between 13.7/8 to 14.2, no check engine light nothing out of the ordinary.

As soon as I started driving it (granny way) and hit 35-40 mph, it bogged down all of a sudden and this yellow wrench light came on. I had my eyes on AFR during this time - I'm guessing it was in early 13s, and cylinder head temp shot up to 205F.

I was really paranoid at this point, so I didn't really get a chance to plug my tuner back in to see what type of code it might be. I have switched it back to 91P tune and no issues thus far. Not really trying to start another Bama bash thread, just curious what might have been the issue up there? Ima call em tomorrow (if they're open) to get it sorted out. My AFR dips down to 11.2 at WOT

Meanwhile I can't wait to get my Lund and MPT tune


Hey Bazinga,

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble. Instead of going back and forth I would love to have BAMA's lead calibrator reach out to you and make sure that your tune is 100% squared away. I feel as if there might be something going on in regards to a miscommunication of intake sizes and that could be what is throwing the car into limp mode. At your earliest convenience, shoot me over a PM with some contact info and I will see to it that you are completely taken care of.


Once again, sorry about the trouble you are having but I am positive the Bama team can get you smiling again!



Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCiv View Post
Same thing happened to me last week. Changed from 91 street to 91 performance and it ran fine for a few minutes and then started bogging and the wrench light came on. I limped back home and reloaded the same tune and all is well. No idea what caused it.
Hey Bigciv,


Having a tune throw the car into limp mode but then having it go completely back to normal after re-loading the same tune is pretty odd! I have a feeling that the original tune might not have loaded onto the car properly. Regardless, if you are not 100% satisfied with your current tune, feel free to PM me with some contact info and I can also have our lead calibrator reach out and get you 100% squared away.


I hope this helps and let me know if anyone has any questions!


-Will
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After car got tuned it falls on it's face Muller 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 11-30-2014 08:08 PM
Bogged Out at High RPM bob1726 2005-2010 Mustang GT 4 05-21-2014 06:00 AM
What is faster a tuned 5.0 or a tuned M3? GE3G General Mustang Discussion 12 11-06-2012 09:21 AM
1994 5.0 Bogged down.. sam13708 1979-1995 Mustang GT 34 08-25-2012 05:10 PM
Un-tuned vs. Tuned AlexJ Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 24 12-07-2007 12:29 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:20 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.