10 Camaro SS vs 13 GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
grabber12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: High desert
Region: California
Posts: 575
That's why a camero with just tune cams CAI isn't 500whp. There is more going on. Either way when I go to the street races not 1 SS beats any creditable car. Not 1.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
That's why a camero with just tune cams CAI isn't 500whp. There is more going on. Either way when I go to the street races not 1 SS beats any creditable car. Not 1.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
*1 cam

Also the LS motors can run strong as **** without a tune. My buddy's c6 had full exhaust and cam, was running without a tune for at least a year. Once he did the blower he tuned it

The dam coyotes, you look at them wrong and you have to fkn retune it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
UrMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Morris
Region: Illinois
Posts: 630
OK f*ck it I'm LS swapping my coyote. Who wants to buy the coyote motor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 GT Premium A6 glass roof.
Dynatech LT's, OR-X, Kooks Axle-back, Circle D 5c, Boss IM, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, BMR LCA's, adj UCA & Panhard,Strange 10 way struts, 331 gears tuned by AED.
UrMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
OK f*ck it I'm LS swapping my coyote. Who wants to buy the coyote motor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I will buy it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
No worries Rap, the majority of coyotes around here are just mail order tunes with cai, full exhausts and some with boss intakes. None of them are what I would consider fast. Most of these coyotes are running 12.5 - 12.8 around 114 mph. There are a few faster ones that have full suspension and tires and are running low 12's at about the same mph.

As I have mentioned repeatedly, I don't understand why people think the coyote is so great. I have never personally witnessed a fast one. I have drove, ridden or raced over a dozen and not a single one was anything close to what I would consider fast. I know they are out there, they just aren't around here (Muncie, Indiana).

As for the slow *** cars, if you are referring to cars that trap slower than 120, then yes, there are a ton. The average "fast" car in my area traps about 130 with the faster ones running 145+. Nothing like what you guys have in Texas, I'm positive of that.

The only Ford tuner around is Brenspeed and I've never witnessed a car from there that was impressive. Most local tuners around use either EFI Live or HPTuners and specialize in GM or a specific import brand.

As for anyone who doesn't believe an LS3 with a giant cam, a CAI, full exhaust, underdrive pulley and a tune can put down 500 rwhp .. just search for it - My friend has these exact mods, nothing else, this package here - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=160157951482
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,252
Breenspeed is not the greatest at all, they brought there shop car to RP dragstrip in Houston a year or so ago, blamed it on traction problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
UrMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Morris
Region: Illinois
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
No worries Rap, the majority of coyotes around here are just mail order tunes with cai, full exhausts and some with boss intakes. None of them are what I would consider fast. Most of these coyotes are running 12.5 - 12.8 around 114 mph. There are a few faster ones that have full suspension and tires and are running low 12's at about the same mph.

As I have mentioned repeatedly, I don't understand why people think the coyote is so great. I have never personally witnessed a fast one. I have drove, ridden or raced over a dozen and not a single one was anything close to what I would consider fast. I know they are out there, they just aren't around here (Muncie, Indiana).

As for the slow *** cars, if you are referring to cars that trap slower than 120, then yes, there are a ton. The average "fast" car in my area traps about 130 with the faster ones running 145+. Nothing like what you guys have in Texas, I'm positive of that.

The only Ford tuner around is Brenspeed and I've never witnessed a car from there that was impressive. Most local tuners around use either EFI Live or HPTuners and specialize in GM or a specific import brand.

As for anyone who doesn't believe an LS3 with a giant cam, a CAI, full exhaust, underdrive pulley and a tune can put down 500 rwhp .. just search for it - My friend has these exact mods, nothing else, this package here - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=160157951482
But haven't you seen all the posts? So many claiming 11,50's @120 or better with a mail order tune full exhaust and a tire? All hail Mary miracle passes? Hmmmm

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 GT Premium A6 glass roof.
Dynatech LT's, OR-X, Kooks Axle-back, Circle D 5c, Boss IM, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, BMR LCA's, adj UCA & Panhard,Strange 10 way struts, 331 gears tuned by AED.
UrMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
No worries Rap, the majority of coyotes around here are just mail order tunes with cai, full exhausts and some with boss intakes. None of them are what I would consider fast. Most of these coyotes are running 12.5 - 12.8 around 114 mph. There are a few faster ones that have full suspension and tires and are running low 12's at about the same mph.

As I have mentioned repeatedly, I don't understand why people think the coyote is so great. I have never personally witnessed a fast one. I have drove, ridden or raced over a dozen and not a single one was anything close to what I would consider fast. I know they are out there, they just aren't around here (Muncie, Indiana).

As for the slow *** cars, if you are referring to cars that trap slower than 120, then yes, there are a ton. The average "fast" car in my area traps about 130 with the faster ones running 145+. Nothing like what you guys have in Texas, I'm positive of that.

The only Ford tuner around is Brenspeed and I've never witnessed a car from there that was impressive. Most local tuners around use either EFI Live or HPTuners and specialize in GM or a specific import brand.

As for anyone who doesn't believe an LS3 with a giant cam, a CAI, full exhaust, underdrive pulley and a tune can put down 500 rwhp .. just search for it - My friend has these exact mods, nothing else, this package here - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=160157951482
All it takes is money. Why is your z28 "fast"? It definitely didn't come that way.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular
 
olerodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Corvallis
Region: Oregon
Posts: 2,707
I haven't been to any drag strips since this past summer, but at least in California I haven't seen any newer Camaro even get close to 130mph let alone 145mph in the 1/4 except a new COPO SS factory car.
My ex neighbor had a new ZL1 and it weighs a ton, almost 4000lbs, and to push that much weight down the 1/4mile at 130mph trap speed is going to take a lot more than 500hp.
Don't get me wrong, I drag raced Chevy's in the 70's and the newer LS motors are great motors..............so lets take apples and apples and head to the drag strip. Anyone going to Woodburn or Medford this next year to do a little drag racing, no not PIR for Wednesday/Friday night 1/8th mile stuff, real drag racing for the 1/4mile???????
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: salem
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 384
This past summer I was bracket racing my 100% stock 2014 GT Premium and another racer had a 2014 SS Camaro. I was running 13.20's and he was running 13.70s (hot and humid).
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlueBellThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bordentown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 41
I don't care how much faster a Camaro might be, their still gay IMO.
BlueBellThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder View Post
I don't care how much faster a Camaro might be, their still gay IMO.
Don't worry.... They're not faster.

Stock for stock the 5.0 Mustang is still quicker than the 6.2 turd in the Camaro.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
But haven't you seen all the posts? So many claiming 11,50's @120 or better with a mail order tune full exhaust and a tire? All hail Mary miracle passes? Hmmmm

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have and I have no doubt that coyotes could be capable of it. Just none of the ones I have been in or raced that had similar mods are capable of those times or traps.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
All it takes is money. Why is your z28 "fast"? It definitely didn't come that way.
It wasn't much slower stock than what the majority of stock coyotes run and it was on the streets in 1999... Things have certainly came a long way... At least for Fords.

The specs on my Slomaro -
TSP MS3 - 237/242 .603"/.609" cam on 111 LSA
TFS valve springs
TSP 7.4 hardened pushrods
LS2 timing chain
ASP underdrive pulley
LPE 160 thermostat
LPE high volume oil pump
LS6 intake
243 heads (LS6)
coated pacesetter headers
TSP offroad Y pipe
TSP rumbler catback
TNT twister series nitrous (150 shot)
SLP line lock
MAC girdle
Racetronix 255 with rewire
LS6 master cylinder
LS6 slave cylinder
Level 5 - T56 *currently being built by RPM Transmissions*
Pro5.0 shifter with TNA short stick
Spec Stage 3 clutch
SFI Flywheel
Eibach sportline springs
Car weighs 3,420 Lbs with full tank of fuel and no driver.
Still running the stock 10 bolt with 3.42 gears.

Runs 11.4 @ 129.7 on Yokohama AVS ES100's in size 275/40/17. Similarly built cars on slicks have ran mid 10's @ 135.

The car dyno's 436 whp @ 6300 and 403 rwtq @ 4900 all motor and 588 rwhp and 649 rwtq on a 150 shot. The car is traction limited till 4th gear on spray. It's a roll-race car. 50 - 150 is it's specialty.

Your car is probably faster and I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I haven't been to any drag strips since this past summer, but at least in California I haven't seen any newer Camaro even get close to 130mph let alone 145mph in the 1/4 except a new COPO SS factory car.
My ex neighbor had a new ZL1 and it weighs a ton, almost 4000lbs, and to push that much weight down the 1/4mile at 130mph trap speed is going to take a lot more than 500hp.
Don't get me wrong, I drag raced Chevy's in the 70's and the newer LS motors are great motors..............so lets take apples and apples and head to the drag strip. Anyone going to Woodburn or Medford this next year to do a little drag racing, no not PIR for Wednesday/Friday night 1/8th mile stuff, real drag racing for the 1/4mile???????
I never said the 5th gen camaro trapped 130 or 145 in the 1/4.

I was wrong about his car.

His best trap was 124. I did talk to him to clarify his time as I had never really questioned it and the more I thought about it, the less sense it made..

His car dyno'd 500 whp with just a cam, cai, full exhaust, under drive pulley and tune, I was there, I seen it. Before he went to the track (several months later), he added a fast 102 intake and throttle body, ported and milled the stock heads, fly cut pistons and retuned. That does make a bit more sense. I honestly never really thought about it. He said the car currently makes about 540 whp and about 470 rwtq.

I was referencing other local cars as trapping that fast (130 - 145) for rapinators comment on the slow *** cars around here. What we locally consider a fast car is something that can trap about 130.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
grabber12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: High desert
Region: California
Posts: 575
Sweet baby jesus. SS killer.- Lethal P…: http://youtu.be/u3gGWHV-sgE

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
Sweet baby jesus. SS killer.- Lethal P…: http://youtu.be/u3gGWHV-sgE

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Impressive. But not for the power it puts down. There is plenty of stock motor 650 hp 5.0's running low 9's with the on3 kit.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
I'm rather noobish with blowers. What does the 4.0L displacement on the blower mean? Would the displacement overall be effectively 9.8l? (Not sure how much displacement is on the new Shelby)

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:52 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I'm rather noobish with blowers. What does the 4.0L displacement on the blower mean? Would the displacement overall be effectively 9.8l? (Not sure how much displacement is on the new Shelby)

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
4.0L per rpm. It's a measure of cfm. How much air the supercharger pumps
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:55 PM   #53
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
4.0L per rpm. It's a measure of cfm. How much air the supercharger pumps
Ah that would make a hell of a lot of sense. Thanks! Definitely a big boy blower. Curious to see what numbers it put down to get those times.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,252
it's over 1,000

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Battlement
Region: Colorado
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
Sweet baby jesus. SS killer.- Lethal P…: http://youtu.be/u3gGWHV-sgE

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Check this one out also. http://youtu.be/GpLwx7bzbww

Yes, he is pulling the wheels up when he shifts to 2nd. Still my favorite
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:46 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 63
Is more rubber in the back a fix for these embarassing conclusions about quarter mile humiliations ?
__________________
2012 GT 5.0 - MT82 - 3.55 rear axle ratio - Air aid CAI - Hypertech programming set to premium fuel - Borla ATAK exhaust system - BBK 90 mm TB - one piece driveshaft from DSS
*previous 2002 Trans Am GT 5.7L LS1
*previous 1994 Trans Am GT 5.7L LT1
*previous 1990 Taurus SHO 3L Yamaha Shogun
*previous : life was boring !
UP North is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mullet wearing Camaro drivers rule you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Danger Dude Regional Mustang Discussion 32 07-12-2004 02:04 PM
Camaro Blasting / Civic Bashing / Accord Smoking Morpheus Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 33 01-03-2004 04:55 PM
radio clip of IROC Camaro idiot tire The Bar 8 08-12-2003 11:41 AM
My Stang Vs. Camaro v6 98 PuReHeLL Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 1 08-11-2003 11:09 AM
new camaro Rellik The Bar 50 08-05-2003 10:41 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:30 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.