What to get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What to get?

We've finally finished up Christmas with everyone and I had gotten some money and I've still got a gift certificate for AM that I received before. Just wondering what my next part should be? Right now my car has airaid CAI, Boss 302 intake, roush axle backs and eibach pro system plus. I'm wanting to get the camber bolts and something else? I think someone before had suggested adjustable panhard bar, so I'm leaning towards that so far. What do you all think it should be? If it is a panhard bar, lca or uca do I need any type of relocation brackets aswell? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
If you are lowered you need the pan hard bar and adjustable uca to fix the suspension geometry. (I'm pretty sure it is the lca you need Grabberblue 5.0 or SoccerLuver4 can help with that more)

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I think the eibach kit on my car saids the estimated drop is 1" front and 1.5" rear. The front tires appear to have a bit of a lean, so I'm hoping the camber bolts will fix that. I've had the car 3-4 weeks, the dealership just put new tires on for me less then a week ago. So I hope to get everything lined out before they wear to much.

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangz13 View Post
I think the eibach kit on my car saids the estimated drop is 1" front and 1.5" rear. The front tires appear to have a bit of a lean, so I'm hoping the camber bolts will fix that. I've had the car 3-4 weeks, the dealership just put new tires on for me less then a week ago. So I hope to get everything lined out before they wear to much.

Pan hard bar 100% if you are lowered.. Maybe new LCAs and UCAs like said before but that's whether you think you really need it or not

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You definitey need the adjustable panhard bar and I highly recommend an adjustable upper control arm and mount.

Auto or manual?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Tbh my top pick would have to be the cool AM hats they're selling! Also it you're not into hats they sell Cobra Jet Engines for around $20,000. Highly suggested if you're serious about going fast.

Good luck OP,

- Laquisha 😇

Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It's an auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
Tbh my top pick would have to be the cool AM hats they're selling! Also it you're not into hats they sell Cobra Jet Engines for around $20,000. Highly suggested if you're serious about going fast.

Good luck OP,

- Laquisha 😇

We're about to build another house so I doubt my wife would be happy with me getting the engine. But if you can convince her it's a good thing, I'll buy you the hat!

Old 01-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

You have the Boss Intake with the auto and stock converter? That's a poor decision in choosing parts.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
You have the Boss Intake with the auto and stock converter? That's a poor decision in choosing parts.

Everything that's done to the car was already done when I purchased it. That's why I'm seeking advice from others that have experience with what needs to be done so I can get my car lined out like it needs to be. The converter is on my wish list, but for now I'm just wanting to do what needs to be done. If we decide to build another house after it's done then I'll like to refocus on the car. Maybe the converter for the next mod after everything else is lined out?What all does the panhard bar help with espically on a lowered car? Is the uca the only thing I would need the relocation bracket for? Is the adjustable panhard something that I could learn to adjust like it needs to be or have to have it done by someone with experience? Sorry for all the questions but trying to learn as I go, and would like to be able to do some of the mods myself. Thanks for the help!

Old 01-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Totally understand, houses come first. The converter is something I would try and definitely save for.

You need the adjustable panhard bar to recenter the body (not the axle like many think) that has shifted to one side when the car was lowered. Pretty easy to do.

You need the adjustable upper control arm and mount to correct the pinion angle that was changed when the car was lowered. Not so easy to do for most.

You need lower control arm relocation brackets to correct the angle of the lower control arms that were altered when the car was lowered. Lower control arms should be done while the brackets are being done. Fairly simple to do.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

As far as brands go are there some that's better then others? Or do they all basically do what they are suppose to do and it's just a name? My front tires seem to be tilted in on the top a bit not much, the camber bolts should take care of that right? Thanks!

Old 01-02-2015, 01:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I'm a big fan of BMR suspension for two reasons. One is the parts flat out work on my car. And two if you need any help with suspension Kelly @ BMR is extremely helpful.

The camber bolts will work but there is a reason they're called crash bolts. The chances of them failing are minimal but if one does the risk of injury or death is great.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Camber bolts are a cheap fix. Long term or hard core (track) reliability would be a concern for me, so I would never use them. I'd get adjustable camber plates. 1" drop in the front probably gives you just a little bit of camber which you want for better handling. The inner part of your tire MIGHT wear a little, but with aggressive turning (like I do) that offsets the straight line camber wear pattern.

Back to the "adjustable" pan hard bar... its generally only adjusted ONCE when you put it on. And its easy to do yourself, unlike SOME suspension / alignment type parts.

You start it out at the same length as your stock one, then tweak it one way or the other to recenter your body. Once its done, you should not have to touch it again. I did it with no experience. Tape, string + small weight = a homemade plumb-bob and adjusted it once to get it almost perfectly centered.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT