Buying a used 2011 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Buying a used 2011 GT

Hey guys I'm really interested in buying a used 2011 mustang gt, specifically this one right here. GLOBAL MOTOR CARS , do you guys think it's a reasonable price? According to car fax, it has been through what it seems three minor incidents. VIN #1ZVBP8CF9B5125343
I currently own a 2011 v6 mustang and I feel it's time I move up to a v8. I'm currently a college student so I can not afford a newer mustang without trading in my current mustang which i do not want to do as I want to pass it down to my younger brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Agent Kree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
For 18k its not a bad price. However you need to get full disclosure about what those minor accidents were! More so if you engine was involved.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
18 would be a fair price, and true...there could have been 3 very minor crashes or claims but guess what's going to happen when and if you ever try to get out of it yourself. No one will want to touch it. If you're upside down at all now, you will be sunk in this one.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well supposedly carfax claims
"This 2011 Ford Mustang GT is worth more than average based on information in this report."
"+ $760
Above Retail
Book Value"
So I'm guessing the incidents would have had to be minor not to devalue the car. Is there a way to check more in-depth about these incidents? This is my first time buying a used car

Old 01-02-2015, 10:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I traded in an 11 GT 3 months ago with similar mileage for 17, it sold in a week for 19. It had no accidents. Car fax doesn't take into account depreciating factors like the car was *** packed but repaired, it just shows it was an "incident". The computer algorithm compares the year,make and model. For a "real" estimate of that cars value....call a different reputable dealer, tell them you want a ballpark trade estimate like you're trading that car in and tell them it's got 3 prior car fax crashes....they would give you about 13k for it.
Patience is hard BUT you don't want to be THAT guy that bought a car with at least 3 prior crashes, severe enough to generate a police report and insurance claim. Your future self will thank you.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Looked at the car fax... It has front end damage one crash, rear end damage on another. Not long after the second crash it looks like it was serviced time and time again for alignment issues, tire balancing, control rods replaced.... Looks like she doesn't drive straight anymore. Look at the dates and mileage how often it was brought in with crap not right. I'd say she goes down the road sideways.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I traded in an 11 GT 3 months ago with similar mileage for 17, it sold in a week for 19. It had no accidents. Car fax doesn't take into account depreciating factors like the car was *** packed but repaired, it just shows it was an "incident". The computer algorithm compares the year,make and model. For a "real" estimate of that cars value....call a different reputable dealer, tell them you want a ballpark trade estimate like you're trading that car in and tell them it's got 3 prior car fax crashes....they would give you about 13k for it.
Patience is hard BUT you don't want to be THAT guy that bought a car with at least 3 prior crashes, severe enough to generate a police report and insurance claim. Your future self will thank you.

I know I shouldn't trust carfax as much, but that's all I got. It says on carfax that it has no structural damage nor has the airbags deployed, so that has to count for something. Also by the time I plan to resell, the mustang would probably be worth less than 8k, so the percent loss due to it being in 3 prior incidents wouldn't be as big. Also another big factor, I live in California, while the car is in Texas. If I buy it, I would get it shipped to me, meaning I will see the car only until I purchase it. I know it's a really idiotic to buy without seeing it first, but I don't have the time or funds to go check it out.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Kree View Post
I know I shouldn't trust carfax as much, but that's all I got. It says on carfax that it has no structural damage nor has the airbags deployed, so that has to count for something. Also by the time I plan to resell, the mustang would probably be worth less than 8k, so the percent loss due to it being in 3 prior incidents wouldn't be as big. Also another big factor, I live in California, while the car is in Texas. If I buy it, I would get it shipped to me, meaning I will see the car only until I purchase it. I know it's a really idiotic to buy without seeing it first, but I don't have the time or funds to go check it out.

Bro too many red flags. Just dont! Just wait for a bit more, a better car WILL come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Looked at the car fax... It has front end damage one crash, rear end damage on another. Not long after the second crash it looks like it was serviced time and time again for alignment issues, tire balancing, control rods replaced.... Looks like she doesn't drive straight anymore. Look at the dates and mileage how often it was brought in with crap not right. I'd say she goes down the road sideways.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Red flags ahoy!

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Bro too many red flags. Just dont! Just wait for a bit more, a better car WILL come along

Lol

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I fell in love with the design though hahah. Oh well, time to look for a bland colored gt :/

Old 01-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The stripes look plasti dipped
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	172780  
Old 01-02-2015, 11:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Dude... Google this: Global motorcar reviews" read the yelp reviews. Here's a sample:

"I will definitely use yelp the next time I purchase a car. Global Motorcars will NOT be on the top of the list. Like others I found that my car had frame damage. I guess one would wonder why they have so many cars in a showroom and gloss over when you ask where the report that was in the car when you saw it the first time. My issue is that this is Texas and I told them before I brought it that a front plate was required. They said you just have to have it in the window. So I got a ticket and that is certainly not the case. If you purchase a vehicle from them please make sure if it's not on the car you at least have the bracket. It's the law. Now I am out of another $100. Not to mention I was told to come up here. I drive 52 miles to be told I have to order it from the Benz dealership. No words. Shady, not honest, no trustworthy. To name a few."
Old 01-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Another review:

" Do NOT buy a car from these guys. I bought a BMW 550 sport package from them in 2010 only to recently find out when trading it in that it had FRAME damage. It was never disclosed. They are dishonest. Do yourself a favor and buy anywhere else !!"

You gotta put a little more keyboard work into buying your first used car. The easy part is finding the right car, the hard part is the shady *** dealers trying to shill out pos cars. A regular Ford dealer "may" be safer but even still I'm in the same boat as you right now, looking for a decent 2011-2014 for 24k or less.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
To the op mustangs are a dime a dozen. Especially with the 15's out now. Just have some patience, and I think it's better to buy local from a new car dealer. Most new car dealers will only sell quality used cars. Some used car dealers tend to shady.
BlueBellThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:27 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Yeah I would pass on this one......

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks a lot guys! I'm now looking into another gt located at a local ford dealership. It's 25k for a gt premium with 32k miles. I'm gonna go check it out when I have the chance to make sure it the interior and exterior looks good. Btw is 25k a reasonable price?

Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
STAY AWAY, NO RUN AWAY from this one with the 3 incidents! I waited a few month till the right GT came about in my year I wanted 2013. I had a 2013 V6 at the time, I wanted a totally matching car.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:41 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Thanks a lot guys! I'm now looking into another gt located at a local ford dealership. It's 25k for a gt premium with 32k miles. I'm gonna go check it out when I have the chance to make sure it the interior and exterior looks good. Btw is 25k a reasonable price?

What year?
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is it a 2014 for that? I paid 28K for 5K miles on a GT premium MT-82 with add ons like heated seats and pony mirrors, 19" wheels etc; back in March of 2014.
Here is how you appraise a car:
Used Cars: For Sale, Appraisals & Certified Pre-Owned | Edmunds.com
then go to appraise cars

also part of the deal is appraising your trade in, in my case they had already lowered the prices form 32k to 28k {which triggered my alert searches} but in the end they gave me more than I had determined my trade-in would bring being slightly modded.

Some dealers will low ball you on the car price but give you less on your trade-in then you could get else-ware. Thats the time I buy the car but dont give them the trade and sell it myself. BUt they check you out for what you can pay or credit before they play such games.

I got lucky in that I was looking for a Stik but they were having trouble selling it because it was a stik ; go figure. They sold my V6 the same day they put it on the web.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid719e View Post
What year?

It's a 2012

Old 01-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I fell in love with the design though hahah. Oh well, time to look for a bland colored gt :/

Vinyl stripes are easy, you just need to find the right car first.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
Vinyl stripes are easy, you just need to find the right car first.
Correct, my GT now has the same custom design I had on my V6.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's 2012
Did you get a figure on what they will give you for your car?
Art
Old 01-03-2015, 09:10 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Did you get a figure on what they will give you for your car?

Art

I'm not going to trade in my 2011 v6, I'm planning to pass it down to my younger brother.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I've been looking at more options and this mustang has gotten a lot of my attention.
http://www.lexusmontereypeninsula.co.../2108110?cid=0
I have yet to see the vehicle history report, but I can already see it has been raced. But what's giving me peace of mind is the claimed warranty the dealer adds to their used vehicles. What do you guys think?

Old 01-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've been looking at more options and this mustang has gotten a lot of my attention.
http://www.lexusmontereypeninsula.co.../2108110?cid=0
I have yet to see the vehicle history report, but I can already see it has been raced. But what's giving me peace of mind is the claimed warranty the dealer adds to their used vehicles. What do you guys think?

Their so called claimed warranty is merely an eye candy. Let's say if you're out to get your car repaired, more often than not they will ask you to pay a premium or be like well we only cover upto $xxx under warranty.

Keep looking, these cars are gonna keep popping up. But man your money, get whatever makes u happy
Old 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My suggestion would be to get down to Los Angeles. Lots of cars here.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
Typical good condition car. Looks unmodified.

2012 Mustang GT CS
This guy is taking a beating on trading up to a 15. My guess is that the stealerships are offering him $20K or something silly as a trade-in.

If you are looking in California, So Cal is where all the cars are. It might be worth a few hours drive to take a look at some of them.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I know of a Coyote in my town was leased, modded up external to motor only. Huge nitrious boosted and would wheel stand on slicks at the racetrack. Then all the equipment was taken off and sold and returned as a lease car. I would not have wanted to end up buying such a car for a cruzer and I assume the motor had lots of pressure applied to it without forging. I would stay away from a racer, Just MHO however.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I know it's tough... But you might think new.... I couldn't bring my self to buy a used sports car. And the only reason I bought new is I got better interest and lower payments then what I could get on a yr or two older used.

Nice knowing you got a warranty on a car that only you have driven.

Just my thoughts. I know everyone has different situations.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

He did say he's a college student so, I expect new isn't too likely on the credit side, unless there's a cosigner or he's got a richer family than is indicated by his statements.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
He did say he's a college student so, I expect new isn't too likely on the credit side, unless there's a cosigner or he's got a richer family than is indicated by his statements.

Well my parents are signing for me, but I'm gonna be the one making the payments and since I'm a full time college students I only have a part time job working 50-60 hours a week at minimum wage. Also my class schedules vary every semester so the hours I work could change and I want to make sure I'll be able to make the payments, so used is probably my best bet.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Insurance, fuel, maintenance, etc., too?

The smart play is obviously stay with what you have. However, you are right, used is probably the best bet.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:50 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
STAY AWAY, NO RUN AWAY from this one with the 3 incidents! I waited a few month till the right GT came about in my year I wanted 2013. I had a 2013 V6 at the time, I wanted a totally matching car.
That's what I did sort of, I had a 2013 premium v6 and traded in for a 14 5.0 premium with gps

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:03 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It helps going the last day of the month .....I bought my 2014 5.0 on Halloween for 26,900(traded in 2013 premium v6with 44k miles ) I got up 3 times ready to leave telling them I didn't like they payment bc it was too high it just depends on how you negotiate plus never get a ford at a ford dealership unless it has zero miles bc they over price then specialty when they have multiple mustangs.they wouldn't let me without the car lmao.at 1st they came with a 14%interest rate then 10%then told them I'm just gonna go look at a $23,900 so they came back with a 4.75 interest rate and I was sold

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1420379597692.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	172847  
Old 01-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

^^^

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1420380234513.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	172848  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt