Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rough Hood Scoop 14 GT

7K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  tidecrazy3193 
#1 ·
Anyone install the Roush hood-scoop , looking at it or MMD Scoop which comes painted or unpainted VS the Roush which only comes unpainted but looks wider & Longer than MMD

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
On the roush hood scoop you have to drill holes on the hood. You have to take it to get painted and have it installed. I have one that still haven't been painted. Here's some pics of one gt with the roush scoop installed. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
On the roush hood scoop you have to drill holes on the hood. You have to take it to get painted and have it installed. I have one that still haven't been painted. Here's some pics of one gt with the roush scoop installed. View attachment 173037

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

You really have me interested in those hash marks and also that 5.0 emblem...was that a pain to install?

#5 · (Edited)
The 5.0 you can have them either plasti dip the chrome ones or can buy the matte black ones. It's not that hard. Same for the hash marks. The car in the picture is not mine, but I do have the same sterling gray mustang. I already have the scoop I just need to paint it and install it.

#6 · (Edited)
The Roush scoop needs holes drilled, but it has the best fit and will never break loose like I have seen some cheap ones do. I had mine installed by a custom shop that painted it. Couldn't bear to drill holes in my car only two weeks after I got it.

#8 ·
No...

#9 ·
Anyone install the Roush hood-scoop , looking at it or MMD Scoop which comes painted or unpainted VS the Roush which only comes unpainted but looks wider & Longer than MMD
Hey GotRod - Good question and a tough one! We carry multiple Hood Scoops and I'm pretty soft of the Pre-Painted Hood Scoop that's below:

Check out the Customer Submitted Pictures and you can get a better idea of how this will look on your car and let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always around to help!

Alex

#11 ·
I bought the Roush hood scoop for my '14 and let me tell you, I love it. It looks great, gives attitude and is sturdy. It's a great choice, the only choice that I really even considered as an option because it looks like it just goes there.

Now as far as installation goes that's another story. Roush provides quality products consistently. I opted to have a professional install it because it was beyond my skills to complete successfully. It had to be re-sanded to clean up minor imperfections, then primed, then painted. Then the fun part, the scoop requires 12 screws into your hood. So it's a commitment. I can't give you a $ quote on it because I had other stuff done at the same time. Here are some pics of mine:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Shelby mustang

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.