Help ! 13 gt mustang deal or no deal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Smile Help ! 13 gt mustang deal or no deal

hello all, im i have been searching for a gt for some time now, and i think i found a good one.

DZ motors. FORD
It says performance package not sure wats that about, and premium when it does not have leather. what would you offer?
tlebron20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

bump
Old 01-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Wow, you're impatient... a 6 minute bump!

Pros: Recaros & Brembo brakes (performance package), Premium package = leather interior, MyColor, etc.

Cons: Ulgy aftermarket front lip spoiler (IMO), aftermarket radio, A/C control unit (I would be concerned about the A/C control unit thing & how it works)

Other than that it looks pretty clean.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Haha. You don't like that lip ? It looks decent . I was thinking 20k offer to see what he says
Old 01-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Cons- manual transmission
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Good one
Old 01-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...BP8CF8D5249106

It's definitely not a premium. Also touch screen display was definitely not there either. I know they added an aftermarket crapshoot of a radio but that doesn't help the value at all.

I say lowball them hard. Also, be considerate of the fact that this is a bone stock GT with track options added ONLY. One can only assume it has seen some abuse in those 22k miles. More low balling room.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...BP8CF8D5249106

It's definitely not a premium. Also touch screen display was definitely not there either. I know they added an aftermarket crapshoot of a radio but that doesn't help the value at all.

I say lowball them hard. Also, be considerate of the fact that this is a bone stock GT with track options added ONLY. One can only assume it has seen some abuse in those 22k miles. More low balling room.
THANKS FOR THAT!! and you think 20k is a good offer?? to start with?
Old 01-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

You can prob go lower. I would really find out what the deal is with the aftermarket A/C controller. Exhaust is something aftermarket, check out the angle of the tips. Prob welded straight pipes.
tidecrazy3193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidecrazy3193 View Post
You can prob go lower. I would really find out what the deal is with the aftermarket A/C controller. Exhaust is something aftermarket, check out the angle of the tips. Prob welded straight pipes.
Yea that ac unit looks weird.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlebron20 View Post
THANKS FOR THAT!! and you think 20k is a good offer?? to start with?
I would even start at 18 with all the information that you have in your favor. Then go up from there if you want the car. At the end of the day, the car is worth however much you're willing to pay. So don't go above that number, whatever it may be!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would even start at 18 with all the information that you have in your favor. Then go up from there if you want the car. At the end of the day, the car is worth however much you're willing to pay. So don't go above that number, whatever it may be!
This.
tidecrazy3193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Cool

Quote:
Yea great point. ill see if i can shake him down.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'd pass. It looks like someone took a bunch of cheap aftermarket parts and slapped it together. That one center cap is missing isn't a good sign. I'm sure it'll make someone happy, but it's not doing a thing for me.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
I ran the VIN to get the window sticker and it is not a premium. It has the two options (track pack and recaros) and that is it. It is a 300A car so it did not come with SYNC either. The gages are the base GT gages as well. The premium gets the cluster with the mycolor and the operator menus between the tach and speedometer. Total MSRP on it new was 35,185.
Still not a bad car. Low ball them and good luck!
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Looks like it has been lowered, too, so make sure it was done correctly with good after market springs, camber plates and panhard bar or whatever it's called. Otherwise that could cause issues later on.
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Much better car a few hours away:

2013 Ford Mustang for sale in Red Springs - 1ZVBP8CF8D5223234 - Baker Chevrolet
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Nice looking car, looks like it was given a nice "Cut-n-Buff".
Showed a ton of pictures of the outside but none of the motor, wonder why????
The used car dealer is mostly imports, so depending on what they are asking I'd really hit it low.
Personally I don't like buying used cars from a dealer that doesn't sell new cars for a living..............before I bought the car I'd have it checked over by someone you trust or a good Ford Mechanic before I spent my hard earned $$$$$............I just don't trust used car dealers.....IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post

The the gearbox may be a bit notchy, but I'd take a manual over an auto any day. So much more fun and noise to be had. But if you want to drive a muscle car like a grandad, then get an auto.

Sent from somewhere near the center of the Milky Way
Darth Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Paul View Post
The the gearbox may be a bit notchy, but I'd take a manual over an auto any day. So much more fun and noise to be had. But if you want to drive a muscle car like a grandad, then get an auto.
Sorry pal but times have changed. The manuals are inferior in every way in these new cars.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Help ! 13 gt mustang deal or no deal

Nopety nope nope. I'm talking about the experience of actually 'driving' the car - deciding when YOU want to change gears, how loud YOU want to make it scream. Rather than just having 'go' and 'stop' pedals.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Automatics are great for the drag strip.......and I have drag raced with one since the late 60's. At that time they were looked down on and everyone told me I had to have a 4/5spd to be fast. Well, being fast is great, but being consistent wins races.
For carving corners and driving around town I think there great. On the highway it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.........IMHO
Old 01-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I agree for drag racing an auto is preferable - though not always. But for enjoying a spirited drive through the country, where you come to a curve and have to downshift and then punch it and upshift as you go through, and all the noise associated with that, then no auto will ever be as engaging or rewarding to drive as a manual, unless it's a very high end exotic with paddle shift and dual clutch.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #24
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
I've had manual trans cars since before I got my license, including 3 Fox Bodies, when it comes to this newer body, I have just as much fun, if not more with the auto, as I did with the manual, and the beauty is, it's always a blast to spank the rookie youngsters who swear by manual only.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I would have thought it was the youngsters who know only the auto?

Old 01-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

In dragging with a manual or auto it's a lot of fun. In my ole car with the 4spd you would bring it to 7500 and dump the clutch and hang on.............later with the 2spd auto you would bring it to 5000 and hit the trans brake button and hang on............it just depends on how much seat time you've had with a particular car/combo.............it's all a lot fun!
At this point in my life I just wanted a stick.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
I would have thought it was the youngsters who know only the auto?

I'm 50 years old, and every now and then I get a youngblood, asking me, why auto? Then I get them trying to convince me they are faster with manual. When I got my 88 GT back in 89, I bought the 5 speed, and my friend tried his hardest with his GT to beat me with his auto GT. It could never be, mind you, back then they didnt have all the goodies they have now for the older AOD's. Today, the auto's are so well engineered, even the exotics have them. The only thing that sucked back then was the t5, were garbage, and my research shows me that the new MT-82, is today's T5.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony View Post
I'm 50 years old, and every now and then I get a youngblood, asking me, why auto? Then I get them trying to convince me they are faster with manual. When I got my 88 GT back in 89, I bought the 5 speed, and my friend tried his hardest with his GT to beat me with his auto GT. It could never be, mind you, back then they didnt have all the goodies they have now for the older AOD's. Today, the auto's are so well engineered, even the exotics have them. The only thing that sucked back then was the t5, were garbage, and my research shows me that the new MT-82, is today's T5.

Mt-82 is not garbage. It's hit or miss. No problems out of mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then I get them trying to convince me they are faster with manual. When I got my 88 GT back in 89, I bought the 5 speed, and my friend tried his hardest with his GT to beat me with his auto GT. It could never be, mind you, back then they didnt have all the goodies they have now for the older AOD's.

The point in making, and the only point, is, that a manual lets you control what's going on. This equals more fun. I have driven both. I have driven both auto and manual mustangs, and the manual is by far the more fun car. I am not interested in speed, or whether a modern auto will beat a manual. That, to me, is irrelevant. What is relevant is how much fun you have driving your car, and a manual, from a 'handshake' contact with the car, and from an aural point of view, is more fun.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
And you think 50 years young is old?, you're just a youngster.
I was drag racing my SS/IA car when you were in diapers.
As for the T5's, I had one in my 86 Capri and also my 97 Cobra and even with the Whipple Charger on the 97 I never had any serious issues with them. Although I'm not crazy about the Chinese MT-82, if it breaks then I'll replace it with something that won't.
There is just something about going through the gears with the 3:73's out back............kind of reminds me of my 68Z28 with 5:13's..........a real blast to drive on the street.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
And you think 50 years young is old?, you're just a youngster.
I was drag racing my SS/IA car when you were in diapers.
As for the T5's, I had one in my 86 Capri and also my 97 Cobra and even with the Whipple Charger on the 97 I never had any serious issues with them. Although I'm not crazy about the Chinese MT-82, if it breaks then I'll replace it with something that won't.
There is just something about going through the gears with the 3:73's out back............kind of reminds me of my 68Z28 with 5:13's..........a real blast to drive on the street.
Thanks for the kind words, I certainly don't "FEEL" old, but then if we compare ourselves to todays generation, LOL. I can relate, I did the same thing after breaking 5 T'5's I finally got the 93 Cobra T-5, and that held up better. I do miss the powershifting, but I dont miss sitting in traffic with a manual.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
The point in making, and the only point, is, that a manual lets you control what's going on. This equals more fun. I have driven both. I have driven both auto and manual mustangs, and the manual is by far the more fun car. I am not interested in speed, or whether a modern auto will beat a manual. That, to me, is irrelevant. What is relevant is how much fun you have driving your car, and a manual, from a 'handshake' contact with the car, and from an aural point of view, is more fun.

I can concur, that the manual, gives you more control via throttle input, and clutch release,, and it is "MORE" fun than an auto, but isn't no fun sitting in traffic with a manual. and after a knee replacement, can be more cumbersome to drive a manual, at least in my case, but I compare today's auto with what I grew up with, and 'todays' auto, is worlds more 'fun' than what I grew up with.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Ha yes, traffic is a different matter entirely! And it is a very heavy clutch.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Another thread turns in to Auto vs Manual transmission dispute.

But since we're off topic..... Autos are faster (now) and much more consistent , Manuals can be more fun for many people b/c there's more driver involvement. - end topic

That said while we're talking about the mustang's auto and manual transmission... they both suck compared to all of the other high end cars I've driven in the past. Now, I'll reevaluate that when I tune the car with a good tune as I'm sure that will change my experience, but the standard "D" mode should shift more like the stock "S" mode, and there should be a step further that's probably equivalent to a Rousch or Lund tune.

The best is Porsche's PDK (dual clutch) transmission.. its phenomenally smooth, fast and SMART (predictable and seemingly reads your mind!) Lamborghini's autos (Gallardo) are fast, but not as smooth & the downshifts are less predictable and rough. Audi R8's are my favorite to drive besides a Porsche (very balance and forgiving like my old Cayman S). Then I happened to drive a GT-R today, and surprisingly I wasn't as impressed as I was expecting to be, but then again I didn't turn on any type of Sport "R" mode as I wasn't sure what switches did what and the instructor didn't know either!
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT