Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pictures of new design UPR catch can.

20K views 181 replies 18 participants last post by  70monte 
#1 ·
Today I received the new design UPR catch can. On their website they have it under the 2015 5.0 Mustang but when I called they said it works on the 11-14 5.0 as well. I don't have a picture of it installed on the car yet as the car is stored at another location for the winter but I will take the can there in a few days and install it and take pictures.

Here are some pictures of the inside of the can as well as the lines and quick connect and one picture of it next to their classic design can.

See less See more
#144 ·
Just got in the New line UPR SS Diffuser Filters and the Inline Dirty Side Coalescing Filters for all UPR 4 Stage Multi-Chamber Catch Can Systems. Any existing UPR customers with our 2 inch 2.5 inch and 3 inch diameter 5028 or 5030 series catch cans that are interested in the $30 Upgrade Kit can just pay the $10 shipping fee and will receive the Upgrade for FREE. UPR is committed to delivering the best products and solutions consistently. While keeping our customers on the forefront of True High Performance Products.

#145 ·
How do you want us to pay the $10 shipping fee? Do we need to call UPR and if so, who do we need to speak with to get this upgrade? Thanks.

Wayne

#146 ·
UPR Catch Can Uprgade Kits ordering instructions.

How do you want us to pay the $10 shipping fee? Do we need to call UPR and if so, who do we need to speak with to get this upgrade? Thanks. Wayne
To order the UPR Catch Can Upgrade KIt all you need to do is contact UPR Sales Team and tell them what model UPR Catch Can you have and they will enter it in and then you will just pay the $10.00 S&H cost and it will be shipped out. ( 561-588-6630 )

The actual kits are going to be $29.99 retail and I am making it a free upgrade for all our existing customers. As these are professionally machine woven SS filter elements.

Do not call in until after 12 noon today, I still have to create part numbers and specifics in our inventory system.

Thank you, Joe

#148 ·
What the word on a relocation bracket for the 2011 - 14?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#149 · (Edited)
Ok Joe, I yesterday received a satin catch can with just the short but adequate braided lines. I installed the can after inspection but it was late so I just started the 3.7 and let it run with a few revs to make sure the can sealed properly to the intake and valve cover connections. Do I get the upgrade or is it needed for my 2014 3.7 Cyclone? There was no paper work, decals or model numbers?

#151 ·
UPR

I'd like to thank you for your quick response, and wish to know if I configured the can in the proper alignment? here's pictures.

Attachments

#153 ·
I like the plug an play and adjustable fittings fine, what model No. is my can? I got no instructions, decals or anything with the unit in the package? No decals, really? Advertise!

#154 · (Edited)
5028-110-1 is the model number for your system. I am working on the rest as we have been creating new logos and literature across the board. My apologies on the lack of extras..

I have some really nice looking 3.7L emblems we made to go on the car or replace the airaid emblems on the airbox and intake tubes. Since they are the same size as the original Ford Oval Emblem.

They retail for $20 a pair and also if you want the upgrade for the catch can to further improve the systems performance I would be willing to give you the emblems for $10 plus the $10 shipping for the emblems and the upgrade. So you would be getting the upgrade and 1 emblem for free.

Joe

#156 ·
UPR catch can 2015 model

Here's the inside works.

Attachments

#160 ·
I just received the new SS upgrade filter from UPR for the new four chamber catch can. I only received one filter. I was under the assumption that there were two different filters from Joe's post #144. I called and spoke to someone at UPR and they told me the other filter is not ready yet so I'm not sure what exactly I was supposed to get. I forgot to take a picture of the filter itself but here it is installed on the middle part of the catch can.

I'm not sure I installed it correctly but from talking with the guy at UPR, I think it is. I didn't receive any instructions with the filter. Here are the pictures.

Wayne

#163 ·
I also ordered the new SS upgrade and just 1 came in the mail. I guess I'm going to install it like you have it until told otherwise.

#161 ·
Joe I have the 5028 and mine came with the 2 mounting holes on top so what do I need to upgrade to the new location? I went to your website but didn't see where I can buy what I need. I also want to add the extra stage at the same time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#162 ·
I was told that the new remote mount kit was not available yet when I called UPR yesterday. I also want to remote mount mine but my top doesn't have the mounting holes on the top of the can so I will need more pieces to make mine work.

Wayne

#165 ·
Joe are we installing the new piece in the correct area?

#167 ·
So it looks like the way I have mine installed is the correct way. I'm assuming that the correct flow path is still through the C chamber first and then out the middle to the intake?

Wayne

#168 ·
With the new coalescing filter in place you can run it the traditional way from the center then out the C which now stops the oil from getting carried across the filtration screens. I have found this to give us the results we were looking for.

You are more than welcome to run it either way since you love to test the performance and see what you like best.

#169 ·
Ok, I will run it the traditional way and see what happens. Is there supposed to be some other type of filtering device coming in addition to this one?

Also, do you know when the remote mounting version will be ready? Thanks.

Wayne

#170 ·
I wanted to update this thread. I was able to swap my radiator mounted system for UPR's new firewall mounted system. Go to this link to see my pictures and comments. They are at the bottom of this thread.

I just installed the system today so I have no information yet on how well it performs. I also added some stainless steel mesh to the bottom of the can that I had from one of UPR's new diffuser for their original style cans.

This is one thing I like about my Bob's can because it helps prevent oil from splashing up during driving. I want to see if it makes the can more effective.
UPR's Redesigned Catch Can

Wayne

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I wanted to update this thread. I was able to swap my radiator mounted system for UPR's new firewall mounted system. Go to this link to see my pictures and comments. They are at the bottom of this thread.

I just installed the system today so I have no information yet on how well it performs. I also added some stainless steel mesh to the bottom of the can that I had from one of UPR's new diffuser for their original style cans.

This is one thing I like about my Bob's can because it helps prevent oil from splashing up during driving. I want to see if it makes the can more effective.
UPR's Redesigned Catch Can

Wayne

#171 ·
I just wanted to give a short update on running this can. I ran it for 255 miles and then checked the exit line coming out of the can and found no signs of oil. I put a new Q-tip inside the fitting and ran it around and no residue came back on it.

I did add the extra SS mesh in the bottom of the can which I mentioned above which I think helped because I didn't have any real oil on the middle diffuser or SS mesh ring like I did on the previous version of this can at about the same mileage. I did have oil in the bottom of the can, probably about 1/2 a tsp.

Wayne

#172 ·
Im still getting some oil in the Exit line. Mine is still in the front mounted location sitting on the radiator hose. Wayne you were getting oil in the exit line before the relocation right? Im still happy with mine just as it is but if it can get better then im all for it also.

#173 ·
Yes, you can see from my pictures above that I was still getting oil in the exit line but I was not using the new SS mesh ring that UPR came up with later because it had not come out with it yet at the time I posted those pictures.

I never tried running the UPR can again after I got the SS ring because at that point I wanted the remote mount and I was still happy with my Bob's can.

wayne

#176 ·
I just added the relocation kit today. It came with 2 longer hoses, 1 bracket to mount the can on the firewall and hardware. When I called UPR the guy said he was sending some mesh for the bottom of my can but he must have forgot. Here is what my relocation looks like.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#180 ·
I'll let Grabber12 respond to your comment and I think those hoses are the ones that come with the plug-n-play unit. These look the same as mine except mine are black.
I actually bought the drivers side hose from the CAI to the breather.....now all of the hoses match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.