Steeda heavy duty strut mounts 11-14 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Steeda heavy duty strut mounts 11-14

Has anyone used the steeda heavy duty strut mounts for 2011-2014 year models? An do you know if they work with factory struts?
aftermath81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

no experience with them, but yes they will work with stock 11-14 struts, not sure why anyone would go through the trouble of installing new mounts and use stock struts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Steeda recommends reusing the stock track pack struts and installing their strut mounts when installing their sport springs.
skramblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
Steeda recommends reusing the stock track pack struts and installing their strut mounts when installing their sport springs.
ah ok, thanks for the FYI
Old 01-11-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My friends have said that they worked great and perfectly quiet when H&R springs were used on theirs.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

They're recommending that based on your plans for the car. They don't recommend that to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
They're recommending that based on your plans for the car. They don't recommend that to everyone.
Could be. I spoke with them on the phone and they basically talked me out of upgrading to Koni or Steeda Shocks (said it was a waste of money). Did recommend springs, panhard, strut mounts, upper and lower LCA - then the front/rear swaybar kit over getting new struts. I've heard others on the forums say the same about Steeda saying to keep the track pack shocks.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #8

Region: Texas
Quote:
Could be. I spoke with them on the phone and they basically talked me out of upgrading to Koni or Steeda Shocks (said it was a waste of money). Did recommend springs, panhard, strut mounts, upper and lower LCA - then the front/rear swaybar kit over getting new struts. I've heard others on the forums say the same about Steeda saying to keep the track pack shocks.
I'm speaking from experience. I own a Boss which has adjustable struts/shocks that are better than the Track Pack shocks. Even in the Boss, I felt like the shocks were under damped. I upgraded to Steeda Sport springs, Koni Yellows, and the Steeda strut mounts and the handling improved dramatically. There is no comparison between factory Ford shocks and good after market dampeners. Even running factory shocks on lower springs is not advisable and will wear out the factory shocks quicker. The Steeda Sport springs/ Koni Yellow (or even the non adjustable orange) is a proven combo.
DallasBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
The stock shocks suck. Especially when they're paired with a stiff spring. I would get new shocks and struts over sway bars any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Another vote for Steeda sports and Koni yellows. Do the job right and you'll do things once. Going stock will work for a while but you will be replacing your factory struts again and aligning the car again and doing the work again....and paying more money again. Saving 500-800 on the front side just isn't worth it considering the level of performance you could add with the Koni adjustables.

I really can't grasp why Steeda would steer you away from struts and shocks. Waste of money? WTF? What they should have said is we highly recommend changing them out, you could re use stock parts, but we have found it can cause premature wear with the lowered springs. They kinda crapped the bed on this one.
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Good to know. Thanks for the advice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT